Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast £19.99 @ Amazon.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Down to 18 pounds now. not sure for how long...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I4WQ618

Its £18.45 when Amazon add on the extra 3% VAT in Ireland over the UK. But good deal if your buying another item or more for the free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    If you're passing through Dublin airport it is €24 in dixons

Thanks for the heads up, just picked up one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

iPink wrote: »
    any tips of a game on pre-order plse (I'm totally clueless when it comes to gaming!) :)

I went with http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BT9DURG/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1417191250&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165 two days ago.
    Order both, and when the Chromecast is marked as dispatched then just cancel the preorder, free delivery :)
    richy wrote: »
    I done this and cancelled the game. However the game is still showing up in my orders but when i click cancel again its only giving me the option to cancel the chromecast. Was this the same with you?

At first it was, when I found out about it.
    You've to order both at the same time, and wait for the Chromecast to be marked as dispatched.
    Then cancel the game :)

(select free super saver to Ireland and group items into same package option)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

http://www.fillerchecker.co.uk/default.aspx for hints on stuff to bulk up an order for free shipping to here

I ordered this apple peeler-corer-slicer with it to bring the total to £26.33. The perfect Christmas present.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005UTKYQG/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,291 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Absoluvely wrote: »
    I ordered this apple peeler-corer-slicer with it to bring the total to £26.33. The perfect Christmas present.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005UTKYQG/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

My sister has one, the kids love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Just on the Chromecast- can anyone who has one tell me what kind of use they get out of it? My OH has been going on about getting one but I'm not sure if we would actually use it. We don't use Netflix anymore and as it is, out TV had a USB port so anything we want to watch, we download and put on a USB into the TV. So what would be the benefit of a Chromecast for us?

Just on the Chromecast- can anyone who has one tell me what kind of use they get out of it? My OH has been going on about getting one but I'm not sure if we would actually use it. We don't use Netflix anymore and as it is, out TV had a USB port so anything we want to watch, we download and put on a USB into the TV. So what would be the benefit of a Chromecast for us?

Streaming show box straight to the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

ted1 wrote: »
    Streaming show box straight to the telly

Naive question but how do you do that exactly?

You can PM if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Naive question but how do you do that exactly?

You can PM if you like.

Allcast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Cheers irish_major.......

Worked perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Chromecast dispatched this morning. Eta 8th of December surprised with that but in no rush for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I ordered for 19.99 and went on chat and price was modified to 18. Still not dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

There's other nice little features such as being able to show any photos on your phone on your TV.
    Or you can broadcast your phone or tablet's screen on the TV, effectively making your TV a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Cheers op, got it for £18 (plus the additional vat).
    Maybe they're discounting to ready for the launch of Android TV in Europe.
    https://www.android.com/tv/

Looks like a nice device that'll surely be a ROM flashing dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Any region restrictions that may prevent this working in Australia?

Could be a nice present.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

TheDriver wrote: »
    I ordered for 19.99 and went on chat and price was modified to 18. Still not dispatched

The joy of Amazon support. So easy to deal with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Was in Germany on holiday a few days ago and Saturn were giving them along with a €25 Google Play Gift Card out!

They'd give both if you bought a Nexus 9!

Anyway, this is a great price, I got mine for £20 a while back it is seriously one of the best devices you can get!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Cheers, just went for it (along with some other junk to bring the order to £25!)

7Z3qXhM.png

Go my €2.60 /£2 refund. For the price change from 20 to 18.

Just sent a email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

looking to get this, is parcel motel the onyl way you can get this delivered ? as havent used it before so wouldnt be to familiar with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

ted1 wrote: »
    Go my €2.60 /£2 refund. For the price change from 20 to 18.

Just sent a email.

Jesus, you gotta hand it to Amazon. Pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Eldoco wrote: »
    looking to get this, is parcel motel the onyl way you can get this delivered ? as havent used it before so wouldnt be to familiar with this.

If you spend £25 you get free delivery.

€3.95 on PM, or €8.80 on stuff you don't really want. Your choice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I bought this yesterday. It is a fairly decent piece of kit.
    It works well, and it is smooth and idiot-proof. I've a NowTV box, and I thought that I could get the free 3 month Entertainment Pass which was advertised with the Chromecast box via some VPN trickery, but this isn't the case.

Overall, it is a good piece of electronics, but it isn't enough for power users. You'll find that a Now TV box, modified with Plex (as listed in another thread on BA) is a better deal. I'll be returning my box later this week for a refund. It is just not what I hoped.

Maybe this might help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's 29, or was, in Currys/PC World. If you can't be bothered waiting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Mine wasn't despatched until today. These delays are playing havoc with my impulse buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I'm seeing this at nearly £30 so I'll have to wait yeah? I'm not missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'm seeing this at nearly £30 so I'll have to wait yeah? I'm not missing something?

Went back up a few days ago. Hard to know if it'll be down again before Christmas. Hopefully. Want another one for the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I bought this yesterday. It is a fairly decent piece of kit.
    It works well, and it is smooth and idiot-proof. I've a NowTV box, and I thought that I could get the free 3 month Entertainment Pass which was advertised with the Chromecast box via some VPN trickery, but this isn't the case.

Overall, it is a good piece of electronics, but it isn't enough for power users. You'll find that a Now TV box, modified with Plex (as listed in another thread on BA) is a better deal. I'll be returning my box later this week for a refund. It is just not what I hoped.

Maybe this might help people.
    Plex works on the Chromecast also you know that . We have 2 Nowtv TV boxes and 1 chromecast and got the 3 months deal on NowTv . We actually get way more use out of the chromecast and find it much better for everyday use.
    Nowtv is great but more aimed at live TV than the chromecast
    Will be ordering another one at this price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I missed this deal on black Friday. I've also missed it at €29 @ pcworld.ie. Seems to be creeping up by £1 every few days on amazon and it's back to €39 in pcworld. Any idea where I can get it cheaper? Hoping to buy 5 of them for Xmas presents

Advertisement