Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

gem112 wrote: »
    I suppose they need 40ish for a class to make it worth while

Good to hear you have a date for the medical..I phoned HQ today just to get an update on my Medical and they told me the Reserve section has now moved to Harcourt Street(Community Bureau Section)..I'll call them tomorrow as the office was closed at 4..Has anyone heard of them moving from HQ?Maybe it's a good sign as there's a specific dept now looking after recruitment??

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Anyone else hear about medicals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Speaking of medicals.. Im exactly on par with the full time and reserves.. Just a medical.. Got an email this morning from HRM for medical for the ful time.. Idk whats going on.. Circus

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

SO7378 wrote: »
    Speaking of medicals.. Im exactly on par with the full time and reserves.. Just a medical.. Got an email this morning from HRM for medical for the ful time.. Idk whats going on.. Circus

Oh really man what date u get ya defo go for the full time one anyways ur better off. Jesus they better have a class of ye reserves in by summer if not they should just forget about it then.

• Advertisement

Did anyone else pass their medical on the 29th of November and waiting to be called for training ?

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Oh really man what date u get ya defo go for the full time one anyways ur better off. Jesus they better have a class of ye reserves in by summer if not they should just forget about it then.

They gave me the 1st Feb its up in Dublin.. I honestly thought they had copped on a bit and that they would have pushed the reserves like they said they would.. But i dont get it .. Theres no students in the college atm and they are training reserves in stations now and not templemore.. Idk

They gave me the 1st Feb its up in Dublin.. I honestly thought they had copped on a bit and that they would have pushed the reserves like they said they would.. But i dont get it .. Theres no students in the college atm and they are training reserves in stations now and not templemore.. Idk

Ya exactly man it’s so stupid maybe they might get it rolling now fingers crossed

Ya exactly man it’s so stupid maybe they might get it rolling now fingers crossed

Agh they have too... They announced they have the budget for it i suppose itll just take time

jb969665 wrote: »
    Good to hear you have a date for the medical..I phoned HQ today just to get an update on my Medical and they told me the Reserve section has now moved to Harcourt Street(Community Bureau Section)..I'll call them tomorrow as the office was closed at 4..Has anyone heard of them moving from HQ?Maybe it's a good sign as there's a specific dept now looking after recruitment??

Did you ring again today......

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting on vetting . I have lost the little bit of hope that I did have.

So slow

Did you ring again today......

Yeah I rang them..There is an office in Harcourt street but that only deals with existing reserves..Transfered me to the wrong office at the time
    So I phoned HQ back and he just said I'm on the list for next round of medicals,whenever that might be..I'd say early Feb, hopefully

Yeah I rang them..There is an office in Harcourt street but that only deals with existing reserves..Transfered me to the wrong office at the time
    So I phoned HQ back and he just said I'm on the list for next round of medicals,whenever that might be..I'd say early Feb, hopefully

I thought someone said the next round was on February 1st

I thought someone said the next round was on February 1st

What do you mean the next round?Just waiting on dates for medicals..No specific date has been given for medicals

What do you mean the next round?Just waiting on dates for medicals..No specific date has been given for medicals

The next medicals for Reserves is on the 1st. Another user said that's the date he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

I'm still waiting on local meetings, any idea what the hold up their would be?

vardy98 wrote: »

Laziness

Well guys a friend told me that a fella he knows in cork area has got a date for training for the reserves around Easter time. Has anyone else got dates for training because I’m still waiting?

Hi guys, does anyone no if I email hq would I find out what stage my vetting is at or if it is in my local station yet? Thanks.

Hi guys, does anyone no if I email hq would I find out what stage my vetting is at or if it is in my local station yet? Thanks.

Have u all the other stages done medical and all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

When did you do your interview I am still waiting since last May

Have u all the other stages done medical and all?[/quote]

I have everything done bar the medical and local station meetings.

When did you do your interview I am still waiting since last May[/quote]

I done my interview back in october

I done my interview back in october[/QUOTE]
    That's not to long ago process can take a long time some horror stories on boards people nearly their and then it all just comes to a stop.

I done my interview back in october[/quote]

I done mine in august I have all stages passed

I done my interview back in october

I done mine in august I have all stages passed[/QUOTE]

Any I idea why in works that way it does'nt make sense I spoke HRM they said it can take that long to do vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jonnymurphy

I done interview for reserves in august still havent heard anything and no medical. I have medical for full time end of feb just wondering could the medical do me for both campaigns if i pass ? thanks

I done interview for reserves in august still havent heard anything and no medical. I have medical for full time end of feb just wondering could the medical do me for both campaigns if i pass ? thanks

I would not think so, it looks like at the way things are done seems to be a line of protocol that has to be followed ie reserves are reserves full time is full time.

So much for the "reserves expecting to start training in 2018" already going in February and still nothing finalized.

• Advertisement

So much for the "reserves expecting to start training in 2018" already going in February and still nothing finalized.

Ya man agreed actually they were suppose to have 300 in last year 2017 so there way behind. If they haven’t got a class going in my May they should just forget about it.

I also read there the numbers of reserves and there is only 634 at the moment which is low

I also read there the numbers of reserves and there is only 634 at the moment which is low

It's actually probably lower then that now.

What I can't understand is why they keep saying it and just never doing anything about it. Mid 2014 was the last time Reserve Garda were trained. And since the end of 2015 they have been harping on about doubling the reserve and getting 300 trained a year by 2021.... Just ****ing do it already ...

It's actually probably lower then that now.

What I can't understand is why they keep saying it and just never doing anything about it. Mid 2014 was the last time Reserve Garda were trained. And since the end of 2015 they have been harping on about doubling the reserve and getting 300 trained a year by 2021.... Just ****ing do it already ...
    Agree with you 100 percent as I said if there isint a class gone in by summer this year then they should just forget about it

Agree with you 100 percent as I said if there isint a class gone in by summer this year then they should just forget about it

I'd ring in and ask but I know I'll get the same **** answer

I'd ring in and ask but I know I'll get the same **** answer

Ya I might give them a ring this week and see

• Advertisement

Ya I might give them a ring this week and see

Lets us know how ya get on.

It's scary how quiet it is on here.... No movement as usual I take it.. anyone get medical dates or training dates ?

It's scary how quiet it is on here.... No movement as usual I take it.. anyone get medical dates or training dates ?

No, I was just thinking the same today, I'm still waiting for station interviews and medical. How long would vetting take on average?

Well no I have all stages done just waiting for training dates. Have u all done to? Ya a few people have said they got medical dates for February so wondering how they got on ?

Had the medical the other day....All went well except BMI have 3months to grow a foot or loose 1 1/2 stone.....so I'm on hold till then......so it's off to get my legs lengthened 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Advertisement

No, I was just thinking the same today, I'm still waiting for station interviews and medical. How long would vetting take on average?

Anywhere from 2 months ta 2 years . Depends on if they pull there finger out and actually get your file done.

Well no I have all stages done just waiting for training dates. Have u all done to? Ya a few people have said they got medical dates for February so wondering how they got on ?

Still waiting on a medical...

Ive kinda given up at this stage ... Been waiting on Medical for 6 months almost now.. And within that space of time ive completed stage 3 and stage 4 successfully for the full time and ive also been to an open day at the college. . and now have my physical date.. So whats the point. Muppet show.

Ive kinda given up at this stage ... Been waiting on Medical for 6 months almost now.. And within that space of time ive completed stage 3 and stage 4 successfully for the full time and ive also been to an open day at the college. . and now have my physical date.. So whats the point. Muppet show.

Same here, just the same **** different day with them in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Had the medical the other day....All went well except BMI have 3months to grow a foot or loose 1 1/2 stone.....so I'm on hold till then......so it's off to get my legs lengthened 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass due to the BMI,but just work hard and get it down.it can be done.Were there any others there for Reserve medical the day you were there?Still waiting on vetting to clear here.Very frustrating,as this will be 4th time to get vetted over the years.I must be the most vetted person in Ireland.Really think that the small number of us who made it to training back in 2015 have had a raw deal by making us go through the whole process again.

It's aload of ****ing **** this recruitment. And what really pisses me off is when I read or hear TDs saying " Due to start training soon" they have been saying that for 2 years. The last day I seen a video and it was like join the GR before ya do full time!!! I feel like saying what are ya ****ing talking about ya gob****es sure aren't we all here ****ing waiting on ye lazy bastards to pull your finger out and get us training.

It's aload of ****ing **** this recruitment. And what really pisses me off is when I read or hear TDs saying " Due to start training soon" they have been saying that for 2 years. The last day I seen a video and it was like join the GR before ya do full time!!! I feel like saying what are ya ****ing talking about ya gob****es sure aren't we all here ****ing waiting on ye lazy bastards to pull your finger out and get us training.

Couldn’t agree more man my friend is in the full time process and she is getting dates for stages very quickly and I’m just waiting here to get a date to start training like.

I rang HQ today and they said mine just has to be signed of by a superior officer and I’m good to go so why isint there more people the same ?

Anybody no a email address I could email to find out about my vetting to see what's the story? Thanks.

Anybody no a email address I could email to find out about my vetting to see what's the story? Thanks.

They won't reply ... Trust me on that. You will have to ring them. I rang recently and they just said there is still outstanding vetting on my application. I also ask if there was any dates set for more medicals/training and they just they didn't no. The recruitment process is a joke... They don't care.

• Advertisement
Advertisement