Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Pretty sure I already know the answer but I'll ask anyway. Is their any way to get PokéBank on a new 3DS other than a System Transfer? I want to move PokéBank to the 3DS but keep other games on my 2DS. Don't suppose they would let you use the same account on two systems?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, I've a good bit of free time, and a heap of HA pokémon. Offered them out on Facebook, figured I'd do the same here. Some have egg moves (I started listing all the EM stuff I have, then got tired of checking everyone's moveset. Any known EMs will be in brackets).

Drilbur
    Timburr (Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Detect, Foresight)
    Zangoose
    Treecko
    Torchic
    Mudkip
    Tyrunt
    Shuckle
    Cranidos (Iron Head)
    Chimchar
    Turtwig
    Carvanha (Hydro Pump, Destiny Bond, Brine)
    Shroomish (Bullet Seed)
    Nidoran male or female
    Swinub (Icicle Crash)
    Whismur
    Heracross
    Vulpix
    Poliwag
    Dratini (Extreme Speed)
    Sableye (Recover)
    Abra
    Gligar
    Aerodactyl (Tailwind, Whirlwind, Wide Guard, Assurance)
    Corphish (Dragon Dance, Aqua Jet, Superpower, Endeavour)
    Helioptile
    Chespin
    Bunnelby
    Froakie
    Fennekin
    Riolu
    Eevee
    Magikarp
    Staryu
    Skrelp
    Pidgey
    Pikachu
    Phantump
    Karrablast
    Tangela
    Roggenrola
    Tentacool
    Murkrow
    Minccino
    Foongus
    Charmander
    Grimer
    Slowpoke
    Bagon
    Snorunt
    Magnemite
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Chikorita
    Roselia
    Axew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thought I was finished my second living Pokédex (minus a couple of event legendaries) then realised I was missing someone. A fucking Timburr! I got one off the GTS and marked it off the list, forgetting he evolves when traded. Can't believe such a common Pokémon is the last one I need. As soon as I get a female Chikorita from the daycare, Conkledurr is in for a date with Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Emile_Heskey

Hi there, just got back into game, (sold my old 3ds with XY) playing OR now. Have to say I think XY was much better game. The lack of a friend safari in ORAS is a huge pain as it was a great way to get mons with 31IVs and hidden abilities. The general availability of pokemon seemed to be much better too.

Looking to get into competitive battling again but am having a bit of trouble getting the mons I'm looking for (GTS is kinda useless). If anyone has any 3/4 31IV flabébé, magikarp, ferroseed or litwicks I'd be muchos grateful. :)

This is my new friend code: 5129-3541-0484 thaaanks ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Okay getting my first Pokemon game tomorrow since the days of Pokemon Red (which I loved!), haven't played them since then nor have I had a gameboy/nintendo since the Gameboy Colour but I'm taking the plunge and also buying a 3DS!

Any advice/tips for a player who hasn't played any of the titles since Pokemon Red? Thanks in advance :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

First playthrough I'd recommend just playing your own way, catching and using what you like, and just having fun. There's a good bit that's changed in terms of game mechanics, like moves are now considered a special or physical attack based on the move rather than the type. (Like in gen 3, Blaze Kick was a special attack cause it was fire, even though it was, you know, a kick).

Angron wrote: »
    First playthrough I'd recommend just playing your own way, catching and using what you like, and just having fun. There's a good bit that's changed in terms of game mechanics, like moves are now considered a special or physical attack based on the move rather than the type. (Like in gen 3, Blaze Kick was a special attack cause it was fire, even though it was, you know, a kick).

I've been trying to research some things and I'm finding it hard to keep up with most of the terms :o can't wait to get stuck in though. One other thing is it possible to get Charmander in Omega Ruby or would I have to find it through trading? If so is it hard to get someone to trade him? Need him on my game what a legend! :pac:

If you want a Charmander, I could breed you one for your game and trade it over to you. That'd be the only way to get one in ORAS.

If you want a Charmander, I could breed you one for your game and trade it over to you. That'd be the only way to get one in ORAS.

That would be great! Would I have to be a certain level to receive trades or could I accept as soon as it hatches? Thanks mate :-)

• Advertisement

I think you're able to do trades as soon as you get the pokédex, which would take maybe 20 minutes. After that you just need to watch the levelling, as traded stuff will level up faster, and if you don't have enough badges they might ignore you.

I think you're able to do trades as soon as you get the pokédex, which would take maybe 20 minutes. After that you just need to watch the levelling, as traded stuff will level up faster, and if you don't have enough badges they might ignore you.

Lovely stuff, I'm aware of the levels/badges as think it's still the same from back when I used to play it that they wouldn't obey you if you hadn't got certain badges :-) Not sure how the adding system is as I haven't played on the Nintendo yet but I'll PM you after I get it setup tomorrow and you can give me a shout when you're online :D:D

Cool, sounds good to me. They've slightly changed the gym badge/obeying thing so that every badge raises the level they'll obey until, but yeah it's the same basic principle. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Badge#Obedience

Beat the Battle Chatelaine for Super Singles there. Was prepared for a bit of a slog having gotten to her before, only to be ruined by RNG (the Tornadus with double team spam was the worst). Ended up beating her 3-0, with my Ferrothorn wrecking all of her team :D Getting the Leech Seed on the Tornadus after one Double Team was basically what won it for me, cause I didn't hit the damn thing once after that :pac:

Today I learned that Pickup has an in-battle effect. Now, at the end of a turn a pokemon with pickup uses up a one use item (like a berry, or something thrown using Fling), if the pokemon has no item then it will get it back.

Apparently that was introduced in Gen V, but I had never actually seen it in action until about 5 minutes ago.

Just caught Groudon with my 3rd Pokeball ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Can you catch Beldum in Omega Ruby?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Can you catch Beldum in Omega Ruby?

You pick it up at Steven's house at the end of the game

Just got what I think was a shiny Spirtomb on Wonder trade, not to mention he's on level 100! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Huzzah, just beat the super triple battle with a team of Chesnaught, Landorus-T, Mega Kang, Heatran, Terrakion, and Conkeldurr :D Highlight of the battle against the Chatelaine was almost getting a triple KO against the first three out (Zapdos, Regice, and Moltres) with a Rock Slide from Lando :D I dread trying to get it with rotation battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jojololo

Shiny Rayquaza only available in Smyths Super Stores in UK and Ireland when the Americans can get it from the internet is not fair

• Advertisement
Advertisement