Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In America 1 in 3 women will be sexually assualted in her lifetime

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Lou.m wrote: »

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/1-in-4-swedish-women-will-be-raped-as-sexual-assaults-increase-500/

Strangely the Muslim community in Sweden represented 77% of the reported cases.
    Statistics aside , I know the theme thread as OP asks is ' Can we change the human species?

Reading this reply below in the comments section of that article , assuming it's a genuine reply from a Muslim and the statistics bear fruit then in this case , Muslim men's attitudes to Swedish/western woman if below is anything to go by then it's quite shocking and disturbing ..

Joe 11 weeks ago

" Western women are cheap and offensive. We Muslims are here, here to stay, and we have a right to take advantage of this situation. It is our view of the matter that should prevail. Western goods, like the land on which we now live, belong to Allah and to the best of men — his Believers. Western women, too, belong to us — our future booty."

“It is far too easy to get a Swedish wh*re ”. “Many immigrant boys have Swedish girlfriends when they are teenagers. But when they get married, they get a proper woman from their own culture who has never been with a boy. That’s what I am going to do. I don’t have too much respect for Swedish girls. I guess you can say they get f****d to pieces.”

Hamid Abdallah ,muslim immigrant in Sweden

Muslim immigrants rape 24,000 and gang rape 7,000 females in France on average yearly .

^ The idea as suggested in some of the follow up comments that Swedish men are afraid to protect their women from rape by Muslim men out of some fear of been called Racist is one thing but that shyte bag's attitude above would only add to the Anti-Muslim ranks in any western society .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Latchy wrote: »
    Statistics aside , I know the theme thread as OP asks is ' Can we change the human species?

Reading this reply below in the comments section of that article , assuming it's a genuine reply from a Muslim and the statistics bear fruit then in this case , Muslim men's attitudes to Swedish/western woman if below is anything to go by then it's quite shocking and disturbing ..

Joe 11 weeks ago

" Western women are cheap and offensive. We Muslims are here, here to stay, and we have a right to take advantage of this situation. It is our view of the matter that should prevail. Western goods, like the land on which we now live, belong to Allah and to the best of men — his Believers. Western women, too, belong to us — our future booty."

“It is far too easy to get a Swedish wh*re ”. “Many immigrant boys have Swedish girlfriends when they are teenagers. But when they get married, they get a proper woman from their own culture who has never been with a boy. That’s what I am going to do. I don’t have too much respect for Swedish girls. I guess you can say they get f****d to pieces.”

Hamid Abdallah ,muslim immigrant in Sweden

Muslim immigrants rape 24,000 and gang rape 7,000 females in France on average yearly .

^ The idea as suggested in some of the follow up comments that Swedish men are afraid to protect their women from rape by Muslim men out of some fear of been called Racist is one thing but that shyte bag's attitude above would only add to the Anti-Muslim ranks in any western society .

Nodin when he reads your post - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zLZAkfBBopA/UTBzd_QAfCI/AAAAAAAAG1g/lz1Jk0E3kf0/s400/WWFUltimateWarriorWM8Return.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Czarcasm wrote: »
    If you cannot see why it is an incentivised survey offering money to college students (which if you had read through the report, is LOADED with bias) who know there are no repercussions for the answers they put down, then I don't think you WANT to see any critique of the survey.

How is that not introducing personal opinion? You're asking someone to think about the number of rapists they've met? I mean, come onnn!

The survey figures are TEN years out of date, not to mention that the first sample was taken nearly twenty years ago, among college students, who, from the survey report, were between 18 - 71 years of age! As for your "20-something year old male" committing "quarter of a rape"... You can't see a problem with that sentence, no?

I have an eight year old here who could interpret that data better than you've done, but neither he nor I have time to be slicing and dicing ten year old out of date biased statistics. Actually I'll just copy and paste what the report itself says about it's own conclusions-

Logical conclusions from credible research.

The commentary you refer to suggests that the figures underrepresent the number of rapes, not overrepresent them. Do you really think more innocent men will say they raped someone, than rapists will pretend they have not??
    Further, discrepancies tended to be strongly in the direction of underreporting on self-report questionnaires compared to follow-up interviews.

It's also consistent with other similar studies:
    the percentage of men in this sample who reported rape and/or attempted rape is quite consistent with percentages from other samples (e.g., Koss, Gidycz, & Wisniewski, 1987; Lisak & Roth, 1988; Mosher & Anderson, 1986; Ouimette & Riggs, 1998).

It's not biased research. It's credible peer-reviewed research which is consistent with previous findings. I understand your hostility to the information, which I suppose reflects a positive attitude towards your fellow man more than anything else. However your emotional reaction is stopping you from engaging in a rational manner, so I'll leave off trying to talk to you any further about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

The commentary you refer to suggests that the figures underrepresent the number of rapes, not overrepresent them. Do you really think more innocent men will say they raped someone, than rapists will pretend they have not??

It's not biased research. It's credible peer-reviewed research which is consistent with previous findings. I understand your hostility to the information, which I suppose reflects a positive attitude towards your fellow man more than anything else. However your emotional reaction is stopping you from engaging in a rational manner, so I'll leave off trying to talk to you any further about it.

As I mentioned a couple of times at this stage I wouldn't be citing Koss to support anything. That survey has been discredited completely at this stage. Google research by Christina Hoff Sommers for more detail. I haven't gone through the other sources cited yet, or the original study but if I get time later I'll do so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

If I'm a college student looking for easy money with no repercussions, I'll say whatever you want me to say. None of the men in the survey said they raped anyone, because-

a) They were not asked the simple question "have you ever raped another person?"

b) None of the men who answered the survey saw anything they did as rape.

Other similarly biased studies.

It's not biased research. It's credible peer-reviewed research which is consistent with previous findings. I understand your hostility to the information, which I suppose reflects a positive attitude towards your fellow man more than anything else.

You clearly don't understand why I object to what I see as a badly done survey with even worse conclusions to back up a hypothesis that the researcher had already formed. How many times does the research refer to the men as rapists? A survey of college jocks with an incredibly small sample size and hardly qualifying as the smartest bananas in the bunch, I mean, given the questions asked in the survey, the author was able to claim the participants had no idea what the survey was about?
    However your emotional reaction is stopping you from engaging in a rational manner, so I'll leave off trying to talk to you any further about it.

I haven't displayed any sort of emotion, merely frustration at the fact that we're both reading the same survey report and one of us has failed to read what's written in black and white. I wish I had time to drill down into the figures and analyse the data even further, but you're so stuck on your "peer review" nonsense that you'll take the survey as gospel, because it suits your point of view, rather than perform any critical analysis of the data presented.

Do you honestly think scientist's don't know which side their bread is buttered and that their funding for research is often dependent on them being able to come up with the right data to support their funding sources position? Scientists are just as human as the rest of us, and just as likely to want to back up their own hypotheses by whatever means necessary.

I can engage in a rational manner, but not when the data we have to work with is so badly flawed. At least we can agree on the fact that it's not even worth talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Do you know
    (a) whether these statistics include statutory rape, and
    (b) whether they include instances in which the issue at hand is consent and alcohol?

For me anyway, the above two issues would prevent me from taking any such statistics seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lanyard

I read a couple of years ago that 1 in 3 women serving in the US military have been raped. I often think about that statistic when I see americans being so reverent about their troops.
    In 2003, a survey of female veterans found that 30 percent said they were raped in the military. A 2004 study of veterans who were seeking help for post-traumatic stress disorder found that 71 percent of the women said they were sexually assaulted or raped while serving. And a 1995 study of female veterans of the Gulf and earlier wars, found that 90 percent had been sexually harassed.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103844570
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/09/opinion/sexual-violence-and-the-military.html?_r=0

Advertisement