Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Act Of Valour

Options
  • 03-04-2012 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Thread in films on it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056430467

I still think John Ford made the best propaganda movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Meh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

it was good fun with lots of headshots, people surviving being shot by rpg's and at least one soldier had a mag of 7.62 emptied into him and walked away and importantly some terrorist type people getting seriously blown up and shot... however saying that i watched it with my mates from my unit and we probably had most fun by commenting on some (in our opinion) shoddy drills ;) shiney helmets, walking on the crest of the hill, etc and all the while we were screaming "contact left", "do the whole f**king village" and "get some" so we probably made our own fun!!! luckily it was the red eye show in the cinema we were in so not too many non mil types to be bothered other than to wonder had we escaped a window licker convention!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Morphéus wrote: »
    walking on the crest of the hill
    Won't someone think of the camera shot?

Don't forget about using laser sights before contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Just SQEALs being SQEALs ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

I thought it was pretty good. The family scenes could have been left out , but thought the non-actors did make the action scenes seem more realistic than the standard hollyword fare.

If you can disregard the gungho its a good film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Was not a fan. For something that was supposed to "hyper realistic" there was some sillyness in it. I loved the orders scenes "get the bad guys...any questions...no..go get em".

They could of left out all the family scene bullsh!t and just gone balls out and it may have been more enjoyable.

But as with all millitary films anyone with some knowledge in the area beyond COD experiences may over analyse. I also want to somehow squeeze the word ambulatory into the next briefing.

Advertisement