Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

.. and I'll just leave this here...
    tumblr_m3d3zeVQKj1r4kxexo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was crazy awesome!
    #sixseasonsandamovie

• Best hour of TV I've seen in a long time. 8-bit Community was brilliant and crazy funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

All 3 were fantastic, goth britta...... *drool*, the 8-bit stuff was hilarious.

#sixseasonsandamovie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

#sixseasonsandamovie

That was beyond awesome.

CommunityEpisodedigital.jpg

• Advertisement

• So much to do today that I put off.

That was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

it's funny they were done as a triple bill, even though the 2nd and 3rd had a loose connection they might have worked better as a 3 week run. especially the 2nd and 3rd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Really enjoyed all three of those but the 8-bit episode was my favourite. Great stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The last episode was just amazing, seriously <3 #sixseasonsandamovie, finding out that
    Starburns faked his death
    , the dismantling of the Dreamatorium, and Jeff's speech... It was kinda obvious that the crew had it in the back of their minds that it could possibly have been the real series finale.

I certainly didn't cry anyway >.> <.< God knows what I'll be like when the last ever episode airs.

The video game and Chang episodes were great as well. Someone has to make it into a real game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ronano

FCCCCCCCCK! i watched first two episodes and thought i watched the third only to check the spoiler, fml

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,540 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just watched the first of the triple-bill, the 8bit episode.

At first I was like :eek:
    Then I was like :D

That. Was. Fantastic. The little touches they put into the animation, it actually felt like a legit 8bit game; I kinda want to play the game. Now onto episode number 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Only Community could pull off an episode using computer game graphics, then do a great heist parody and finish with a strong finale. Great montage at the end, really sets up season 4 nicely.

Also, “Sorry, it was so clear in my head”. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Such a strong 3 episodes.

Loved that they talked about meth briefly when Giancarlo Esposito was there. Good to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"Fire can't go through doors stupid! It's not a ghost."

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Bad News; Dan Harmon won't be coming up back as showrunner for Sason 4. the link below explains why: :(

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/dan-harmon-community-future-nbc-sony.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

HEY, DID I MISS ANYTHING?
    Kids:

A few hours ago, I landed in Los Angeles, turned on my phone, and confirmed what you already know. Sony Pictures Television is replacing me as showrunner on Community, with two seasoned fellows that I’m sure are quite nice - actually, I have it on good authority they’re quite nice, because they once created a show and cast my good friend Jeff Davis on it, so how bad can they be.

Why’d Sony want me gone? I can’t answer that because I’ve been in as much contact with them as you have. They literally haven’t called me since the season four pickup, so their reasons for replacing me are clearly none of my business. Community is their property, I only own ten percent of it, and I kind of don’t want to hear what their complaints are because I’m sure it would hurt my feelings even more now that I’d be listening for free.

I do want to correct a couple points of spin, now that I’m free to do so:

The important one is this quote from Bob Greenblatt in which he says he’s sure I’m going to be involved somehow, something like that. That’s a misquote. I think he meant to say he’s sure cookies are yummy, because he’s never called me once in the entire duration of his employment at NBC. He didn’t call me to say he was starting to work there, he didn’t call me to say I was no longer working there and he definitely didn’t call to ask if I was going to be involved. I’m not saying it’s wrong for him to have bigger fish to fry, I’m just saying, NBC is not a credible source of All News Dan Harmon.

You may have read that I am technically “signed on,” by default, to be an executive consulting something or other - which is a relatively standard protective clause for a creator in my position. Guys like me can’t actually just be shot and left in a ditch by Skynet, we’re still allowed to have a title on the things we create and “help out,” like, I guess sharpening pencils and stuff.

However, if I actually chose to go to the office, I wouldn’t have any power there. Nobody would have to do anything I said, ever. I would be “offering” thoughts on other people’s scripts, not allowed to rewrite them, not allowed to ask anyone else to rewrite them, not allowed to say whether a single joke was funny or go near the edit bay, etc. It’s….not really the way the previous episodes got done. I was what you might call a….hands on producer. Are my….periods giving this enough….pointedness? I’m not saying you can’t make a good version of Community without me, but I am definitely saying that you can’t make my version of it unless I have the option of saying “it has to be like this or I quit” roughly 8 times a day.

The same contract also gives me the same salary and title if I spend all day masturbating and playing Prototype 2. And before you ask yourself what you would do in my situation: buy Prototype 2. It’s ****ing great.

Because Prototype 2 is great, and because nobody called me, and then started hiring people to run the show, I had my assistant start packing up my office days ago. I’m sorry. I’m not saying seasons 1, 2 and 3 were my definition of perfect television, I’m just saying that whatever they’re going to do for season 4, they’re aiming to do without my help. So do not believe anyone that tells you on Monday that I quit or diminished my role so I could spend more time with my loved ones, or that I negotiated and we couldn’t come to an agreement, etc. It couldn’t be less true because, just to make this clear, literally nobody called me. Also don’t believe anyone that says I have sex with animals. And if there’s a photo of me doing it with an animal - I’m not saying one exists, I’m just saying, if one surfaces - it’s a fake. Look at the shadow. Why would it be in front of the giraffe if the sun is behind the jeep?

Where was I? Oh yeah. I’m not running Community for season 4. They replaced me. Them’s the facts.

When I was a kid, sometimes I’d run home to Mommy with a bloody nose and say, “Mom, my friends beat me up,” and my Mom would say “well then they’re not worth having as friends, are they?” At the time, I figured she was just trying to put a postive spin on having birthed an unpopular pussy. But this is, after all, the same lady that bought me my first typewriter. Then later, a Commodore 64. And later, a 300 baud modem for it. Through which I met new friends that did like me much, much more.

I’m 39, now. The friends my Mom warned me about are bigger now, and older, bloodying my nose with old world numbers, and old world tactics, like, oh, I don’t know, sending out press releases to TV Guide at 7pm on a Friday.

But my Commodore 64 is mobile now, like yours, and the modems are invisible, and the internet is the air all around us. And the good friends, the real friends, are finding each other, and connecting with each other, and my Mom is turning out to be more right than ever.

Ah, ****, I still haven’t called my ****ing Mom.

Mom, Happy Mother’s Day. I got fired.

Yes, Mom. AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

While I appreciate that he's been poorly treated, he comes across as a little bit of a drama queen and very unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

DIE RACISM!

Troy and Abed shooting lava.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Replacing Harmon, seems like really dumb idea for a show like this. Its a low rated show, and it may annoy some fans, and hurt the show.

• AG2R wrote: »
    Kids:

Can you link to where you got this or are you actually Dan Harmon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This is not good.

Felt goatees at the ready gentlemen, I bet they try to make the show more 'accessible'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

The show now has none of its Season 1 writing staff remaining, as well as losing some important exec producers and directors. The next season can't possibly be the same without Dan Harmon. The whole thing was his baby, his labour of love. I feel a bit sad for his loss. The last episode was a fitting end to the era and the 'Wire'-like montage was a great closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sad news indeed. I'll give season 4 a go and will probably watch it to its conclusion but I think we may end up viewing it as a seperate show to seasons 1-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

AG2R wrote: »
    Kids:

http://danharmon.tumblr.com/post/23339272200/hey-did-i-miss-anything

OH FCUK.

I'm quite upset by this news.

As much as I kinda think Dan Harmon is a bit of an asshole, Community was his baby; it really won't be the same with him gone. And I don't think there's any chance of him changing his mind going by that post. I'm going to keep watching season 4, but I do forsee a huge drop in quality :(

This really is the darkest timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Got it from his Tumblr

Apparently the Russo brothers and Chris McKenna aren't coming back either now (there's links on reddit to show this, but my phone won't let me post them for some reason >.<). A lot of the writing staff have also come out in support for Dan Harmon on twitter too, so that's not looking great either for their return. And then of course we already knew that Garret Donovan and Neil Goldman were leaving. By the looks of it, it may be an entirely different crew for season 4.

I'm generally quite an optimistic person, but I think the show as we know and loved it is finished. NBC have said they want to "expand the show's fan base" (article on the Community subreddit); I think we all know what that means...

Still, there's 71 great episodes and the season 3 finale is a nice ending imo. My whole brain is crying at the thought of no more (good) episodes though :(

• Exactly. Even if Community wasn't going to make a return, at least we got a very satisfying finale. Not many other shows can say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Will be very interesting to see how the show turns out next year. Sad to see Harmon go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

It's weird that something like this should constitute as awful news to me, but I love this show and I feel like the rug's been pulled out from under the happiness of the renewal. Seems like they really dícked him over too. David Guarascio and Moses Port are replacing him, I think they're from Happy Endings, which isn't a bad show, but I'm very skeptical about season 4.

Advertisement