Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 month old twins attacked by fox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Yeah, I seen that on Fox news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Poor poor Megan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Cockney fox cant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Boom boom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

maybe this is to increase fox hunting or furriers business?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

attacked...like a fox.

how the fook they get in
    /not reading it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

What a "Sly Fox"

attacked...like a fox.

how the fook they get in
    /not reading it

It "crept into the house" is all that's said.

Bizarre story though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Poor kids

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

stovelid wrote: »
    It "crept into the house" is all that's said.

Bizarre story though.

So it didn't even make loud noises? Jaysus!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Makes you wonder did the family dog attack them and they put it down to a fox attack. Fox attacks on humans are surely a rare occurrence especially in an upstairs bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

orourkeda wrote: »
    Cockney fox cant

Can't what?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Why does the report say "two baby twin sisters". As opposed to how many?? Anyone ever heard of 3 twins or 4 twins, this bugs me alot :mad:

Makes you wonder did the family dog attack them and they put it down to a fox attack. Fox attacks on humans are surely a rare occurrence especially in an upstairs bedroom.

Thought this too.

If they do have a family mutt, he's definitely going to come under suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Yeah, there is something very fishy about this sceal. Foxes are extremely reclusive animals. Jumping into cots in an upstairs bedroom in East London..... Yeah right, a likely story.
    pensioner Margaret O’Shaughnessy was mauled in Edinburgh in 2004.

"Mauled" lol... A fox not big enough to "maul" anyone

445279.ie wrote: »
    Why does the report say "two baby twin sisters". As opposed to how many?? Anyone every heard of 3 twins or 4 twins, this bugs me alot :mad:

As a Twin this is one of my pet hates.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Can't what?

It's the accent mate =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

A fox is very capable of mauling a 9month old baby

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

As a Twin this is one of my pet hates.

I am not a twin, but I feel your pain :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

homerhop wrote: »
    A fox is very capable of mauling a 9month old baby

It's hard enough to get humans to line up right and push, let alone a wild canine of limited intellect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

AlcoholicA wrote: »

Have you ever been close enough to know? They can be vicious, it's a dog after all.

I have heard of people been bitten by foxes before, but not like this.
    Yeah, there is something very fishy about this sceal. Foxes are extremely reclusive animals. Jumping into cots in an upstairs bedroom in East London..... Yeah right, a likely story.

Just show's how little you know about the animal.

Foxes are quite common in built up areas, the town fox lives off your waste.

Poor kids though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Why is this news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

stovelid wrote: »
    Thought this too.

If they do have a family mutt, he's definitely going to come under suspicion.

no it would'nt all they have to do is check the bite marks, and why do you think they would lie it would be stupid to put your children at risk after they had already been attacked. and attacks are not rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

This was my first thought too..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Confab wrote: »
    Why is this news?
    I just seen that the report comes from Sky News...so its not really news just more spam they put out:)

Wouldnt surprise me if the fox turned out to be something else altogether since sky like to embellish their stories a little...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

eh they are children so yes it is big enough, and there have been plenty of adults mauled by them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

This was my first thought too..
    how do they know it was a fox, did they see fox in bedroom of house

upstairs bedroom, fox found window open downstairs then climbed upstairs, very tame fox then,
    i have doubts that was fox

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

juice1304 wrote: »
    no it would'nt all they have to do is check the bite marks, and why do you think they would lie it would be stupid to put your children at risk after they had already been attacked. and attacks are not rare.

When is the last time you heard of a fox attack anyone in their own home? And not just downstairs of the home but in an upstairs bedroom. If this is a common occurrence well fook me I must be living under a rock. Sure people get bitten by foxes often but not mauled in their upstairs bedroom.

Skynews gave us this piece of news they are as good as any rubbish tabloid. Why wouldn't someone lie if the family pet actually did the damage. Some small dog bites can look a lot lot fox bites and Some people can make sh1t up on the spot if it meant keeping child services away.

But hey all we have to go on is that article. Sure it could have been a fox but it just seems odd upstairs bedroom and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

juice1304 wrote: »
    eh they are children so yes it is big enough, and there have been plenty of adults mauled by them too.

Have you ever seen a fox up close?. I have, they are not very big, certainly not big enough to "maul" an adult. A Doberman will maul you, I can guarantee you a fox won't. As for a fox going into a house, going upstairs and jumping into a cot to attack babies, I just don't believe it. Foxes are very reclusive and wary creatures, they won't put themselves in a situation where they could be cornered.

Advertisement