Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nibiru (Planet X for the plebs)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Sand wrote: »
    You should watch the video - its actually a very convincing argument.

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Saipanne wrote: »
    No. Do your own persuading. That's what I laugh about with you lot. You genuinely think posting a video is an argument.

L oh L

you lot:pac: laugh away there horse:D youre being very serious here actually and a bit of a dik head truth be told leaping without looking. if you watched the video instead of attacking me because its cool or something you would see the error of your way here. but sure no harm done all good, Ricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

WakeUp wrote: »
    some CTs are certainly off the wall though the theory of Nibiru well there might just be something to that. its plausible.

It's really not. The only way a planet sized object could be *ahem* 'out there' would be if it was an interstellar wanderer (plausible) that had fallen into our sun's gravity well (extremely unlikely). If that we're the case it's orbital period would be measured in the hundreds of thousands of years, and would be erratic to say the least. We've only had technology capable of imaging Pluto in the last few decades. There's nothing to suggest Newbooboo exists. If it does, and had been observed once (by extremely lucky chance) we wouldn't have anything close to what would be necessary to describe what Newbooboo adherents claim.

Newbooboo is a fairy tale.

Sand wrote: »
    You should watch the video - its actually a very convincing argument.

Jaysus. You'd want to be fierce 'convinceable'...

;)

• Advertisement

you lot:pac: laugh away there horse:D youre being very serious here actually and a bit of a dik head truth be told leaping without looking. if you watched the video instead of attacking me because its cool or something you would see the error of your way here. but sure no harm done all good, Ricky.

I'm not watching your stupid video for idiots too lazy to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Sand

endacl wrote: »
    Jaysus. You'd want to be fierce 'convinceable'...

;)

Grand. Its not a very good joke anyway so feel free to keep carrying on about it like it was serious.

endacl wrote: »
    It's really not. The only way a planet sized object could be *ahem* 'out there' would be if it was an interstellar wanderer (plausible) that had fallen into our sun's gravity well (extremely unlikely). If that we're the case it's orbital period would be measured in the hundreds of thousands of years, and would be erratic to say the least. We've only had technology capable of imaging Pluto in the last few decades. There's nothing to suggest Newbooboo exists. If it does, and had been observed once (by extremely lucky chance) we wouldn't have anything close to what would be necessary to describe what Newbooboo adherents claim.

Newbooboo is a fairy tale.

here look clearly your knowledge of all things cosmic and stuff like that is superior to mine I can tell from your post above that it is and to be honest I have basic knowledge of space and planets and thats about it...but Ive never seen anything like the ufo in that vid I really havent everyone should see it. especially people abusing me.:D the truth is out there:pac:

ah here Ill leave you alone back up with your bullsh1t though will you. you twit. the video is a bit of crack. but dont watch it then. I dont give a phuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I love/hate ancient aliens. Sometimes I do be literally shouting at the screen it's so daft. It's incredible that in the age of information that people can get so wrapped up in utter bullpoop, it's usually so easy to prove it's nonsense but of course normal science is all part of the conspiracy. You have to admire their ability to use pseudoscience as a tool against actual science.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

There was thread in AF earlier on about john titor that seems to have disapeared, suspicious or what.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Well I looked at the video and I've been convinced there is something out there. This doesn't mean that what was in the video was showing any evidence of intelligent life, the signals emanating from deep space can't really be justified as intelligent but there's something there, vaguely musical. We can't make you understand until you watch. Gotta make you understand.

Well I looked at the video and I've been convinced there is something out there. This doesn't mean that what was in the video was showing any evidence of intelligent life, the signals emanating from deep space can't really be justified as intelligent but there's something there, vaguely musical. We can't make you understand until you watch. Gotta make you understand.

No. It would be a waste of my time to listen to idiocy. Besides, that paint drying ain't gonna watch itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

To all the people so ready to laugh at the mere suggestion that any group of people anywhere could be 'conspiring', have a look first at the definition of a conspiracy..

Conspiracy
    noun, plural conspiracies.
    1. The act of conspiring.
    2. An evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
    3. A combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
    4. Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
    5. Any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

A quick read of the definitions of a conspiracy should make it clear to the scoffers that conspiracies are quite a commonplace occurrence. Whether or not Nibiru is real or not I do not have an opinion, but I think you will have to admit that conspiracy is very real (of course that's not to say that all conspiracy theories are real)

Look at the the tobacco companies didn't they 'conspire' for many years to keep the dangers of smoking a secret, and in doing so put their own profits ahead of the health and safety of their customers?

In a similar vein Asbestos manufacturers 'conspired' to keep the dangers of asbestos a secret for the same reasons as the tobacco companies.

And that's only a couple of big ones that most people would be aware of.... what about the CIA's mind control program MK Ultra?

As Joseph Goebbels famously said "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

stimpson wrote: »
    It's no stranger than the stuff we learned in the seminary. Heaven and hell and everlasting life and all of that.

Ah,here, Ted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

No. It would be a waste of my time to listen to idiocy. Besides, that paint drying ain't gonna watch itself.

It's not open minded to dismiss something out of hand. I was sceptical too until I watched the video.

It's not open minded to dismiss something out of hand. I was sceptical too until I watched the video.

No. Because I have previously engaged with conspiracy type material. It was a waste of time. It is an exercise I shall not be repeating. Ever.

I think Eugene has made a fair and coherent argument in favor of the video and to be honest from what I can see you wouldnt get this from any other poster. certainly here at least. you should check it out.

I think Eugene has made a fair and coherent argument in favor of the video and to be honest from what I can see you wouldnt get this from any other poster. certainly here at least. you should check it out.

I saw no argument. None whatsoever. Just a "hey, open your mind by watching someone else's point in this video" type of "argument", which is no argument at all. Just your typical lazy conspiracy theorist.

No thanks.

Lads. I've been reading the Internet! Turns out, there's something 'out there'. Apparently, it 'can't be explained'. I can't define it as such, but I'm pretty sure that it's 'bigger than us'.

Who's with me? You'll have to 'open your minds', by the way. Doesn't work otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Conspiracy hypothesisers (as there's certainly no theory or evidence) are weak minded, paranoid individuals who hold victimhood status wherever they go.

The entire world operates without them in mind and, as a result, they invent the most bizarre bullsh1t to justify their inane beliefs.

I could not possibly befriend somebody who is that stupid.

Let me get this straight - are you saying there is actually no such thing as a conspiracy?
    People, companies, governments, ex wives etc. conspire all the time!

I saw no argument. None whatsoever. Just a "hey, open your mind by watching someone else's point in this video" type of "argument", which is no argument at all. Just your typical lazy conspiracy theorist.

No thanks.

I accept when it comes to science/arguments and such there are rules to be adhered too you seem to know that and deep down so do I. but sometimes, on those rare and wondrous occasions something comes along that literally rolls you over whether youre a belieber or not. will post it again though if you really cant bring yourself to watch the video then fair enough. shall leave it at that I wont ask again.

Do you know why you try to pass videos off as an argument? Because you lack the knowledge to make the case yourself. You may have some "facts" but no tacit knowledge of your own. And yet, you claim to have the answer.

Do you understand why I don't listen to you and your ilk?

Im just trying to articulate / tell you how Im feeling about it nothing more nothing less. though I dont think you understand. but sure all good no harm done. no matter what I say I dont think I can convince you to watch the video and thats fair enough tis up to you.

Im just trying to articulate / tell you how Im feeling about it nothing more nothing less. though I dont think you understand. but sure all good no harm done. no matter what I say I dont think I can convince you to watch the video and thats fair enough tis up to you.

If it's a feeling, then say its a feeling.

Dont call it an argument.

Don't call it research.

Don't expect engaging conversation when your contribution is a link to a video someone else made.

If it's a feeling, then say its a feeling.

Dont call it an argument.

Don't call it research.

Don't expect engaging conversation when your contribution is a link to a video someone else made.

Sad. But at least Rick Astley is real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Sad. But at least Rick Astley is real.
    No. That video was done by the same people who faked the moon landings.

No. That video was done by the same people who faked the moon landings.

We're true the looking glass here people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

We're true the looking glass here people.
    Fnord.

Advertisement