Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nibiru (Planet X for the plebs)

Options
  • 17-05-2015 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

A few years ago I found myself going out with a full blown conspiracy theorist. Everything was questioned and generally the Jews were to blame. Her whole family were involved in it too.

(She was hot, and I was young :D )

My favourite theory was that there was an invisible planet on the periphery on our solar system. I think it was supposed to be a giant space ship monitoring earth and her people. The ship was under the command of the galactic federation of species (all very earth-like species. Monkey people, dolphin people, lizard people) captained by a Lion-man.

Come the time that the earth would be destroyed, this galactic NATO would come down and save the believers in Planet X and welcome them into their club.

She believed this 100%.

I bailed when the crazy got too crazy. However, conspiracy theorists make up a sizeable sub culture. So much so that you can't mention 9/11 without getting the inside job routine.

So what's your favourite or craziest conspiracy theory that people you've met believed in?

I'd ask you what's the craziest theory you believe in but that would hardly work ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

5 lines into the OP and I realize I'm too sober for this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

It's no stranger than the stuff we learned in the seminary. Heaven and hell and everlasting life and all of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I've a mate that has a new theory every week he's fcukin comical,his latest one is pictures of people excavating giants bones he found on the net,he's convinced there was giants roaming the earth at one stage,it took me a whole 3 seconds to find out it was a hoax on google but he's still not convinced,his argument is "sure how else do you think they built the pyramids? Them lads were just turning around picking up bricks and laying them like blocklayers" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I always find it strange that people who believe in conspiracy theories are always so dismissive of mainstream media but are willing to believe any cock and bull theory by someone with a blog. Yeah the BBC are telling lies but this random man who says 9/11 was actually perpetrated by cats is telling the truth. Yeah.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

A few years ago I found myself going out with a full blown conspiracy theorist. Everything was questioned and generally the Jews were to blame. Her whole family were involved in it too.

My favourite theory was that there was an invisible planet on the periphery on our solar system. I think it was supposed to be a giant space ship monitoring earth and her people. The ship was under the command of the galactic federation of species (all very earth-like species. Monkey people, dolphin people, lizard people) captained by a Lion-man.

Come the time that the earth would be destroyed, this galactic NATO would come down and save the believers in Planet X and welcome them into their club.

She believed this 100%.

I bailed when the crazy got too crazy. However, conspiracy theorists make up a sizeable sub culture. So much so that you can't mention 9/11 without getting the inside job routine.

So what's your favourite or craziest conspiracy theory that people you've met believed in?

I'd ask you what's the craziest theory you believe in but that would hardly work ;)

Nice try Shlomo. Take your gold and leave.

I see you're posting on the Sabbath too. More tricks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

stimpson wrote: »
    It's no stranger than the stuff we learned in the seminary. Heaven and hell and everlasting life and all of that.
    Is it yourself, Dougal?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That sounds like Thundercats. Her family were taking the piss out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I always find it strange that people who believe in conspiracy theories are always so dismissive of mainstream media but are willing to believe any cock and bull theory by someone with a blog. Yeah the BBC are telling lies but this random man who says 9/11 was actually perpetrated by cats is telling the truth. Yeah.....

I'm not surprised that you're trying to implicate felines in 911 with a username like that.

Wake up Sheeple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Conspiracy hypothesisers (as there's certainly no theory or evidence) are weak minded, paranoid individuals who hold victimhood status wherever they go.

The entire world operates without them in mind and, as a result, they invent the most bizarre bullsh1t to justify their inane beliefs.

I could not possibly befriend somebody who is that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭SeanW

Nice try Shlomo. Take your gold and leave.

I see you're posting on the Sabbath too. More tricks.
    Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

SeanW wrote: »
    Huh?

dont you mean 'oy vey'.

I see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

endacl wrote: »
    Is it yourself, Dougal?

:pac:

Well, that's the bit I have trouble with. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

My favourite one, is that the CIA invented the term 'conspiracy theory', as a conspiracy to pour doubt on people pointing out their illegal conspiracies.

A good ones I heard in the last year, was that the MH-17 plane that crashed in Ukraine, was really the disappeared MH-370 plane that went missing in SE Asia, and that it was deliberately stuffed with already-dead bodies and shot down by the US, to make Russia look bad.

Some of the conspiracy theories are 'inventive' at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Its a bat**** crazy CT.

There was a thread in astronomy forum a while back where I learnt more about it.

The Niburu bollxology was started by a woman called Nancy Leider(of course she was kidnapped and probed!).

This is her website
    http://www.zetatalk.com/

and here's her proof of alien life('skinny bob'lol !) all because the fake alien looks like her logo from her wacko website which her son done on microsoft paint in 1996 :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Too many to mention as theres new ones posted up on my FB feed every 2 days from people I know.

The latest ones are that CERN are planning on using the hadron collider to open another dimension to let the Antichrist through so he can fulfil the atheist agenda and begin the end of times.

That a species of aliens not entirely unrelated to Jews are in control of the world's money.

NATO have mind control satellites used to change any negative thoughts about government into positives while also enabling a kill switch, meaning they can kill you remotely if you talk bad about the Jews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

There used to be one guy at work. Refused to get his kids vaccinated (asshole) and used to go on a rant about something, usually the Jews, at least once a day. Didn't matter how out there the conspiracy was he'd believe it. In the end people just stopped sitting beside him at lunch. He eventually quit and moved his entire family away without telling any of his friends where he was going or what he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭SeanW

dont you mean 'oy vey'.

I see you.
    I'm not sure what you are on about - sounded like you were having a go at the OP, and it seemed like you were accusing him/her of being Jewish or some kind of Jewish shill.

BTW in Judaism the Shabat is on Saturday.

Edit: I just realised you might have been taking the piss out of conspiracy theorists. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Nothing puts me off someone more than their belief in bollocks.

Chatting to this lovely woman in a bar once, had a really lovely warm personality and seemed very intelligent.

Until the sucker punch. 'So do you have chemtrails in Ireland too?'

Why do people believe in such nonsense? Whyyyyyy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Cat's purring can heal the body since their meows and purring frequency are the same as the energy in your body.

But big pharma don't want you to know about that la la la.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'm totally into conspiracy theories. After all I'm a mod on Boards.ie.

I AM THE LIZARD PEOPLE

That aside I met a girl once, quite a successful business lady, who was convinced that the Russians and the Americans have technology that is causing the drought in California right now. She even had a name for it. Both nations are colluding on it. I didn't even know how to counter her view other than saying "Its like King and Tayto came together to form Walkers just to feck with us"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I heard they're trialing a bitumen for roads in California.
    It reacts with sunlight and gives off a gas that makes people relax and prevents road rage.
    Bituxantope I think it's called.

The same girl believed that "black people come from the monkey, Asian people eat lots of fish because they evolve from fish and white people were put here by aliens to rule the world."

How all the theories interlock, I don't know. Anything sounding like evolution wasn't intended to be. Literally Asians ARE fish people. Black people ARE monkeys and white people ARE aliens. Our blood types don't match and are incompatible... apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Plenty so called conspiracy theories that people used to laugh at have turned out to be true, just because someone labels something a conspiracy theory does not mean there is no truth to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Here is one example, people used to laugh at people that believed the u.s spied on its own people and monitored there phone lines internet activity etc etc, well it turned out it was all true.
    A lot of people would want to wake up and question more about what is going on around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

There are things out there we can't explain. And there's a grain of truth in every legend or theory. Think carefully before you judge OP.

Reiver wrote: »
    There are things out there we can't explain. And there's a grain of truth in every legend or theory. Think carefully before you judge OP.

Leo Varadker is a lizard alien. Where's the grain of truth in that legend? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Anytime 9/11 comes up in conversation I like to say "Very sad. But there's no way they came down like that" and then immediately change the subject. Stops people inviting me to stupid parties and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Leo Varadker is a lizard alien. Where's the grain of truth in that legend? :D

Enda Kenny was actually born deep in the Brazillian rainforest, part of a genetic engineering program to place alien hybrids in positions of power.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

After the Charlie hebdo attacks some guy I know said that they were staged attacks and said they were green screens involved.

Advertisement