Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disturbing things you did as a child?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Red Nissan wrote: »
    You've a jump start on me. I was 14 am approached by a bum who asked about the white stuff ~ WHAT ~ pushed him away and got my bus home from school.

However, the seed was planted, I experimented and actually thought I had literally pulled my little man of and he was detached. I lay frozen for ages and the 'white stuff' was seeping into the bed.

Much later that same bum accosted me as I left a bar, I'd have been maybe 19 now, so I recognized him and led him on and gave him a beating, he was never seen around bus stops after that.

Quickly - the speed of escalation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

buckwheat wrote: »
    Friend kidnapped the baby Jesus from the school crib and left a ransom note. Threatened to send his fingers one at a time

I remember that, the bastards just got another one and never paid.

Quickly - the speed of escalation.

It's compressed memory now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Loads of stuff I'm ashamed to remember: smashed windows, shoplifted; got in a stolen car, set a fire in a field that got a bit out of control and other stuff I won't even mention.

Kinda why I have some sympathy for kids that get up to wild stuff as most will turn out OK. In some areas, it's just normal behaviour and you only realize it's wrong when you get older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

when I was 5 or 6 I climbed up the side of my bunkbed and reached over to the top of the wardrobe, it had a section at the top with a seperate door. I got the belt from my dressing gown and made a noose, wanted to see what it was like to hang myself. I was in the room alone and dropped to the floor after maybe 5 seconds as it luckily couldnt hold my weight. dont think I ever told anyone about it, my parents never knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

anncoates wrote: »
    set a fire in a field that got a bit out of control

Grass is highly flammable for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Are you sure, judging from the username...

Surely if he only ate ice he'd be slim christy :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Grass is highly flammable for sure.

It was a wheat or barley field., or something similar IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Drank shots of vinegar.
    Climbed the counter when I was about 5 to get an extra flinstone vitamin after she had left. Funny when I took vitamins years later she was critical of it.
    Hung plastic bags from the side of the shed and set fire to them to watch the flaming drip with it's distinctive whistle as it cut the air. Many a burn I got on my hands from doing that.

• Advertisement

You've a jump start on me. I was 14 am approached by a bum who asked about the white stuff ~ WHAT ~ pushed him away and got my bus home from school.

However, the seed was planted, I experimented and actually thought I had literally pulled my little man of and he was detached. I lay frozen for ages and the 'white stuff' was seeping into the bed.

Much later that same bum accosted me as I left a bar, I'd have been maybe 19 now, so I recognized him and led him on and gave him a beating, he was never seen around bus stops after that.

Maybe he was just looking for a bag of Coke ?

when I was 5 or 6 I climbed up the side of my bunkbed and reached over to the top of the wardrobe, it had a section at the top with a seperate door. I got the belt from my dressing gown and made a noose, wanted to see what it was like to hang myself. I was in the room alone and dropped to the floor after maybe 5 seconds as it luckily couldnt hold my weight. dont think I ever told anyone about it, my parents never knew.

You could not think this way at that age, do you want help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Hung plastic bags from the side of the shed and set fire to them to watch the flaming drip with it's distinctive whistle as it cut the air. Many a burn I got on my hands from doing that.

bringing back memories now....anybody else ever lost their eyebrows (:() because of pouring out sachets of creamer over a lighter to see how big the flame gets?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Put a pigeon into a plastic bag and threw it off the top of flats to see if it could fly. It couldn't.

There was a corner we always used to sit at. It was called the 4 corners cause it was so enclosed, anyway, we used to catch pigeons and spin them round in the corner then watch them fly into the walls. Atleast I didn't end up a serial killer :)

whupdedo wrote: »
    Maybe he was just looking for a bag of Coke ?

He was a sexual predator, possibly a pedophile, I saw him for many years and thought he was a creep, I actually used ti go to the next bus stop to avoid him.

That day, he was not around so I stopped to wait for the bus, I was reading my Beno [maybe my Dandy] and never noticed him arriving.

Four or five years later he met me again, he was never seen again.

He was a sexual predator, possibly a pedophile, I saw him for many years and thought he was a creep, I actually used ti go to the next bus stop to avoid him.

That day, he was not around so I stopped to wait for the bus, I was reading my Beno [maybe my Dandy] and never noticed him arriving.

Four or five years later he met me again, was never seen again.

Are you actually saying you killed him :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Threw a chair at a student teacher's head when I was in primary school because she bullied me the whole time she was there.

Not disturbed by the memory. Kinda makes me wish I could still throw chairs at people's heads for being *****.

whupdedo wrote: »
    Are you actually saying you killed him :eek:

That would be a crime, I cannot admit to anything illegal on boards. Of course I did not kill him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

You could not think this way at that age, do you want help?
    I wasnt depressed, just a dark curiosity.

I was an odd child, staying awake at night trying to figure out the meaning of life and growing up into an unhappy awkward teenager. Im dealing with it now tho. the human mind is a beautiful and dangerous thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Threw a chair at a student teacher's head when I was in primary school because she bullied me the whole time she was there.

Not disturbed by the memory. Kinda makes me wish I could still throw chairs at people's heads for being *****.

You can, but it's frowned upon

I wasnt depressed, just a dark curiosity.

I was an odd child, staying awake at night trying to figure out the meaning of life and growing up into an unhappy awkward teenager. Im dealing with it now tho. the human mind is a beautiful and dangerous thing

Good luck with that, I was gifted myself, not as advanced as you though, and it does take dealing with.

I wanted to go off the Cork County Hall 'skyscraper' and throw myself under cement trucks and I actually knocked on the door of St Anne's [mad house] and they refused me entry [was I lucky or what].

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

lukesmom wrote: »
    Took a **** in the toaster and turned it on.

We need more of this in the world.

Luke may no approve though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Blame my older brother for this as he was the main instigator, but as kids we used to lift the cover to the sewerage drain and laugh at our family's floaters moving through the sewerage system once we heard a flush. Wtf like, makes me want to puke now.

Blame my older brother for this as he was the main instigator, but as kids we used to lift the cover to the sewerage drain and laugh at our family's floaters moving through the sewerage system once we heard a flush. Wtf like, makes me want to puke now.

Would you dare each other to put your hand in? lucky dip...

h. Wtf like, makes me want to puke now.

ALL of us I think, THANKS for sharing.

Put a pigeon into a plastic bag and threw it off the top of flats to see if it could fly. It couldn't.

There was a corner we always used to sit at. It was called the 4 corners cause it was so enclosed, anyway, we used to catch pigeons and spin them round in the corner then watch them fly into the walls. Atleast I didn't end up a serial killer :)

But you did end up homeless, proving that karma is a bitch. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

Used to light small aul fires and steal fags from the parents , Dont know what was so great about them at the age .. Wouldnt touch one now. I guess I learned :)

I'm working on a petition for a Faeces forum on here. Can I count on your support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I'm working on a petition for a Faeces forum on here. Can I count on your support?

I think that's a pretty shít idea, if I'm being honest!

I'm behind you..........with a cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

That's a shyte proposal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Me and the cousin used to pull the legs off a daddy long legs each and race them on top of a snooker table.

He also used to pull those wood lice things apart to figure out if they were mammy bugs or daddy bugs, uncles etc.

Fück that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Funniest thread I've ever seen on these forums, ah the memories!!
    Chortling over every second story!

We used to dare each other to walk up the OUTSIDE of an external stairs to the second floor of the local scout hall: (must have been the fire escape?) - there was a forest of nettles underneath it, too...we had to sort of grip our toes into tiny chinks while clinging to the rail with our hands...nobody ever fell, luckily.

And there definitely was a plan to drop my two-year-old little brother from our bedroom window onto a mattress.
    We actually wrote notes inviting neighbour children to come and watch! and he DID get dropped!
    But someone snitched to our mother and there was blue murder about the whole business for a while
    The child was unharmed, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

What strange or disturbing things did you do as a child? God forbid, you committed a terrible crime, what moments of your childhood would professionals look back on and say "Yup, all the signs were there".

For me, one of them would be when I was about eleven. It was the whole sexual awakening stage of my life. I was very horny and decided to push my penis up against the window of my house. The cold feeling of the window must have given my eleven year old penis a great deal of pleasure. What was I thinking? Hopefully nobody saw.

Another disturbing event was when I was about 15 or 16. We had a lot of magpies around our house, which caused a great deal of irritation. They forced a lot of other birds from our garden out, and used to steal our cat and dog's food.

One day, behind our shed there was a confused magpie, maybe he had hit a window and was injured. I don't know, but I grabbed a rake. He was squawking and squawking. Before I knew it I was hitting him over and over again with the rake. I just wanted him to be quiet. I killed that magpie.

Anyway, what disturbing things did you do as a child?

Worst I've ever done was in school, me and my friends dug a tunnel under the school fence and cut a brand new French with pliers then ran away only to return to get our school bags and get roared at by teachers and parent xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Some of these stories are really funny.

Others are just plain mean to animals! I don't find those funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Some of these stories are really funny.

Others are just plain mean to animals! I don't find those funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

This is really really REALLY embarrassing and I'm only admitting to it because nobody here knows me.........

My brother and I used to lick tongues. Last time was when I was about 10 and he was 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

loalae wrote: »
    This is really really REALLY embarrassing and I'm only admitting to it because nobody here knows me.........

My brother and I used to lick tongues. Last time was when I was about 10 and he was 8.

Pics or GTFO :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

loalae wrote: »

Ah Laura, I can't believe you and David used to do that! I won't tell a soul. Ye were always very close growing up anyway. How's David getting on now? Is he still in the same job?

I'll call over next weekend for a cuppa. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Not so much disturbing as ****ing hilarious gasping for oxegen style . I went to a small rural primary school there was 6 in our entire year and 12 year in the room total. Anyway it was 6th class, and this girl who was a proper genius,geek (in the 90's, early 2000's it'd be called nerd) wrote this a story for homework, that she had no idea was going to cause the effect it had on our young minds.

After reading out all our stories, we came to her. Her story was about this special car that got left a garage one morning but ending going off road in the thick undergrowth of the woods. Our minds immediately lept to our wild dirty thoughts. The descriptions were vivid and unfortuately for her,very elaborate, and the more she described the laughs got louder, and she battled to tell the story amongst our laughs. 'The smell of the place was foul, I'll need to keep hacking away to get some room to pull out the ditched car" Our faces were literally blue this point and the teacher chuckles barely contained by the end. I remember on of the lads who wasn't even comprehensible at this point "Miss, if I stop laughing at this point, I think I'll die". We were laughing until the last sentence, and we were all exhausted.

We even asked for her to read the story at the end of the year again, because in a year of of fantastic highlights it was one of the best.

The girl was like Matt Damon Good Will Hunting who created genius, but didn't recognise it!

That same year, we had our music classes were we would try out cd's and we hit upon this piece and would immediately lash the volume up to max and pretend all 12 of us were all having a wheelchair race, one week the school principal walked in the high intensity part: We'd be all shouting "can you do the can can can"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

My older brother got a new rifle and shot a couple of crows out of a tree. My friend from next door and i collected them, cut their feet off with a hacksaw and drilled their legs to make keyrings. That was a bit odd.

Chet T16 wrote: »
    My older brother got a new rifle and shot a couple of crows out of a tree. My friend from next door and i collected them, cut their feet off with a hacksaw and drilled their legs to make keyrings. That was a bit odd.

Did they bring you luck? Like the rabbits foot?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    . That was a bit odd.

I don't see a thing odd with that at all. What's the twist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Did they bring you luck? Like the rabbits foot?

I've been luckier than the crows were anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

i didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, can't prove anything

When I was about 6, I savagely punched the face off my twin sister, after she slagged me saying that the tooth I'd lost and put under my pillow, then returned to the gap for laughs, belonged to someone else.

She got me back though, by biting my face on the way home from the local shop, after I told her it was ok to use the cold meat slicing machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Me and my best mate would set fire to everything. Pyromaniacs the pair of us. We played fire tennis during the summer..and come Halloween we made home made bazookas out of plastic tubes and clogging up one end with muck and fired fireworks at each other. How we didn't die I don't know. Still get a good laugh about recalling those days when we meet up. Simpler times lads..simpler times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Bees were my thing. I used to catch them:

A) throw them at people while they ran in fear of thei lives.

B) fill the jar with water and watch them drown.

C) pull their wings off and release them onto the pavement, freaking the **** out of passers by.

D) pea shoot them at people using a pvc pipe.

E) put them on a table, squirt lighter fluid on them and set a match to them.

I was pure evil. In my defense...i got stung a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

What strange or disturbing things did you do as a child? God forbid, you committed a terrible crime, what moments of your childhood would professionals look back on and say "Yup, all the signs were there".

For me, one of them would be when I was about eleven. It was the whole sexual awakening stage of my life. I was very horny and decided to push my penis up against the window of my house. The cold feeling of the window must have given my eleven year old penis a great deal of pleasure. What was I thinking? Hopefully nobody saw.

Another disturbing event was when I was about 15 or 16. We had a lot of magpies around our house, which caused a great deal of irritation. They forced a lot of other birds from our garden out, and used to steal our cat and dog's food.

One day, behind our shed there was a confused magpie, maybe he had hit a window and was injured. I don't know, but I grabbed a rake. He was squawking and squawking. Before I knew it I was hitting him over and over again with the rake. I just wanted him to be quiet. I killed that magpie.

Anyway, what disturbing things did you do as a child?

You are a very unpleasant thing aren't you? :rolleyes:

I did nothing freakish as a child....maybe that was freakish being well balanced even throughout puberty?

Being a happy character when your friends are goths does make you seem like the odd one. I was the happy rocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

When my brother and I were 4 and 5 one of our mothers hens were shoving on in years so we decided to get two sticks and we beat her to death :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

This is what my father and a few of his brothers did when they were very young. Were talking 40 odd years ago. They are very good god fearing honest and well respected people btw so this was quite shocking when we heard. No one is meant to know and I dont think any of them know that we know, you know.

They had a dog which had a few pups. Shortly later they built a ring and put the pups inside of it and kicked them to death. They also allegedly nearly killed a woman while playing with bow and arrows

• Advertisement
Advertisement