Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron 6400 wont power up

Options
  • 15-11-2008 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Think I might be in trouble but just in case.....

Laptop has been fine however on Thursday it would not power up. Looks like it drained the battery and even though I have it plugged in since all I get is the battery light (top right) flicking amber (I think)

Cant get it started by removing the battery, etc.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

I have an inspiron 6400 and the battery was totally drained and wouldnt turn on for hours even while plugged in, i just left it plugged in over night and it was working perfectly in the morning, it seems you need to fully charge them after you drain the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Thought that might have been the problem but I have it plugged in since thursday and there is nothing doing. I have it plugged into the mains and its only when I try to start it up that the battery indicator comes on and when it does it just flickers. I have tried other power supplies and nothing changes. I might see if I can get my hands on another battery (charged) and see what that gives me.

I was hoping it might be something obvious and but not looking good at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Have a look here Kenco.

Could be bad news I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Thanks Photi I had a look at that but guess what tried to power it up at lunch time and it came back!

Seems to be working fine now and I have run a load of diagnostics and everything is clean (apart from the battery which is near end of life??)

Advertisement