Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLS couriers

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

jor el wrote: »
    Royal Mail own GLS,

I've a feeling that might not be totally accurate anymore.

I had a delivery due yesterday and managed to contact the driver who rerouted the delivery to work.

However they don't offer the formal facility to do this and if there were separate areas involved then it wouldn't have been possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

I bought an item in the UK. It cost the seller £21.49 with parcelforce for two day delivery to Ireland. A fortnight later it arrived via GLS. I live within a mile of their local depot. In future I will ask for goods to be sent by other means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

GLS are awful, i always tell suppliers to deliver to me, NOT BY GLS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 goone

GLS ARE GREAT

i use anpost loads of times and they cost more,,,with gls they come to my house and deliver the next day nation wide ,, so every company makes mistakes ,,so go easy on em,,,,look at dhl,,an post,,ups ,,,now there rubbish,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Yep, sadly they are a joke.. I have had to chase down numerous packages that were never delivered only to find they are sitting in the depot for up to a week.

My last one got dumped off at the local shop by GLS, because they "couldn't find the house".. Luckily the shop owners, who i have never met and didn't know, were honest enough to hold onto it for me..

I have never has any issues with the other main delivery companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

goone, please do not call other posters idiots.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

goone wrote: »
    GLS ARE GREAT

i use anpost loads of times and they cost more,,,with gls they come to my house and deliver the next day nation wide ,, so every company makes mistakes ,,so go easy on em,,,,look at dhl,,an post,,ups ,,,now there rubbish,,,

And how long have you been working for GLS? :pac:

just replying to a post that was a bit un fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

GLS managed to lose a Gibson Les Paul Standard guitar, that i paid €1600 for. Never got the fricken thing and all i got back from their poxy insurance was £500 sterling. Never again.

DHL are a great job at delivering. The driver calls your house to see where exactly you live and when you are at home to deliver. Pity GLS don't think of that.

As for UPS, that was mentioned earlier, they are top class, but very expensive when you buy outside the Euro zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

GLS are absolute f*cking tools - no exceptions. I swear I have had a 90% cock-up rate with them (hand on heart I'm not exaggerating - could even be higher), so I make sure never to get anything shipping with them when importing.
    I honestly can't remember them ever delivering anything successfully to me, without phone calls & e-mails at my end chasing it. All I've ever gotten has been a postcard telling me they have something for me - WTF? And? Deliver it then, FFS!

• Advertisement

to be honest dhl are the worst i ever delt with ,,, and anpost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The few times ive been unfortunate enough to have stuff 'delivered' by GLS, it's been a 100% cock-up rate

I have NEVER had a problem with UPS, DHL or An Post

UPS/DHL always rang me if they couldn't get someone to answer the door (ie. no one home) and An Post always leave the slip notifying you to collect it at the local depot (which is 4 miles away so I don't mind collecting it). Any time i've rang UPS/DHL back i've been able to get straight through to the driver and we've arranged to meet somewhere to get the goods.

GLS have sh1te customer service, sh1te call centre people (who I can honestyl hardly understand) and sh1te drivers who don't give a crap. I can hand on my heart say that I will NEVER EVER EVER buy anything again if I know it's being delivered by GLS

STAY AWAY PEOPLE, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

goone wrote: »
    just replying to a post that was a bit un fair

How is it unfair? There have been hundreds of complaints on these boards about how bad GLS are. Sure, some of them may be a bit embellished, but thay can't all be wrong. You are being very unfair to An Post and DHL, who haven't collected nearly the amount of complaints that GLS have, and An Post deliver far more than GLS do, so statistically you would expect An Post to have more complaints.

The simple truth is that GLS seem to have a serious problem in their distribution network. Whatever that is, I don't know, but I would avoid them unless there's absolutely no other choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

People

Dimpco use these couriers G L S for collections. Just be ready for a long long wait. I am waiting 2 days.

Bad Bad form. To make matters worse Dimpco dont seem to care which to me sums up their attitude as well

I wonder what belling would think of its agents bad customer service!

I have an update on this one, Wait for it: The despatcher cannot contact the driver. Fine no problem why was he not here yesterday Ehhhhhh I cannot contact the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Crap I bought stuff on ebay.ie from a guy in cork and he sent me a GLS tracking number.
    I am not optimistic on the delivery after reading this and many other complaints about these guys.
    To the people who are complaining about Anpost I find there service second to none use it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

GLS are woeful. I ordered a computer monitor from dabs. DLS never contacted me about the delivery, and did not deliver on the day I had off work when they were due to. I called and they said that it would definitely be here the next day before lunchtime. I took the time off work, no show. The same thing happened three days in a row. I spent most of the time on hold while they tried to call the driver, who never seems to answer his phone, or waiting for a promised call back that never happened (twice!). Eventually, after many calls, I got the package four days late.

The problem is that they're unavoidable. Emailed a complaint to dabs. Maybe if they get a bunch of emails they'll change their courier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

GLS suck!!

I find out they are delivering to me this morning so i rang them to provide contact numbers. I was assured if there was a problem, the courier would ring me.

Then at lunch time i get "Insufficent detail/incorrect address". I rang up and my contact details were never saved. I was told that the label may have been damage in transit so they couldn't read the address, though it came from Parcelforce.

I asked for it to be redirected to my work address which other couriers usual have no problems "finding".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

never order something you need in a hurry,
    its best to order about 2 months in advance

that way they might have the item at your house as they like to keep every box i get for at least week before contacting me

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

GlS are based on a RyanAir model. Bad customer service, Poorly Trained Staff, and frequently lost packages.

I Usually Cringe when someone says they are sending by GLS. Tracking Information dissappears or becomes unavailable on their antiquated tracking system. Staff answering phones in Ireland have only pidgin english. If you are tracking a parcel from outside Ireland you must explicitly tell staff so, as they have two tracking systems (Domestic & International) which are not connected. You are likely to be told, if you quote a tracking number that it is incorrect or non-existent.
    Staff in My local depot do not answer the phone during lunchtime.
    Drivers are frequently non-locals who have poor knowledge of local roads, streets etc. Frequently it is easier to call to the depot and pick up my package as the drivers are frequently getting lost.

ALL Royal Mail parcels (from the UK) are sent through GLS as the Post men from An Post do not like to carry anything heavier than a letter. I'd much rather they leave it at my local Post Office for me to collect.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

moceri wrote: »

ALL Royal Mail parcels (from the UK) are sent through GLS as the Post men from An Post do not like to carry anything heavier than a letter.

More likely because Parcelforce used to hand-off UK parcels to An Post but then diversified and bought GLS themselves so no longer needed to hand-off to a competitor. And we all suffer as a result.

GLS are also quite popular with German-based sellers (they used be German Parcel). And we all suffer as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I ordered a lens from warehouse express 9 days ago and Im still waiting, was supposed to have it tuesday. From the tracking records it got to Dublin this evening. Does anyone know where their Dublin depot is now? Would they be open tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

I ordered a lens from warehouse express 9 days ago and Im still waiting, was supposed to have it tuesday. From the tracking records it got to Dublin this evening. Does anyone know where their Dublin depot is now? Would they be open tomorrow?

I think its blanch but im sure (hopefully) you got sorted now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

moceri wrote: »
    ALL Royal Mail parcels (from the UK) are sent through GLS as the Post men from An Post do not like to carry anything heavier than a letter.
    Wrong. I get quite large parcels delivered all the time from the UK via Royal Mail and An Post. I got one yesterday in fact, and I'll be getting another one in a couple of days. I'll scan the label as proof if you like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Alun wrote: »
    Wrong. I get quite large parcels delivered all the time from the UK via Royal Mail and An Post. I got one yesterday in fact, and I'll be getting another one in a couple of days. I'll scan the label as proof if you like :)

I think Gls is meant to be the quicker of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

waiting on a parcel from them a week now,my buisness has come to a halt until i get these parts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Jesus, I had a satellite decoder box delivered on Wednesday. At 5pm. I sat at home all day waiting for the thing to arrive, unable to work because the delivery guy decided he'd do it on his way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jambofc wrote: »
    waiting on a parcel from them a week now,my buisness has come to a halt until i get these parts :mad:
    Yell down the phone at them.

=-=

Stuff with An Post will get to you. GLS stuff goes missing a lot, I'm told. GLS are seemingly only good on the west coast. Dunno why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Got a call from GLS last Monday regarding a delivery. I gave them directions and my mobile number. A week later still no sign of delivery. Today I received an email through Paypal asking me to call Parcel Force in the UK, Parcel Force pretty much described them as incompetent. These guys are cowboys :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sara66750

I am having the same trouble here in France GLS 98308846924 "express delivery " from ASOS UK not arrived after more than a week - claiming bad/ unknown address once arrived in France- strange all other deliveries arrive . why do reputable companies use such a terrible carrier? here in France they CHARGE for calls to contact them! Are there any other boards to post complaints in order to name and shame? I am so angry I paid for express delivery to have things before I leave on holiday next week it would have arrived quicker and been delivered to my address by the normal French postal system and would have been cheaper!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Just reading this thread now. Can't believe some of the horror stories. :eek:
    I've been using them for a good while and never had any problems. I usually only send within Dublin so maybe thats why I didnt have any hassle.
    Also I was under the impression that GLS was a franchise. So does that mean anyone can setup as a GLS courier?
    Maybe that's why they have so many problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement