Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays IBood Argosy mobile video 500 GB

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

anyone have any idea when these might be delivered..

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

as per post from previous poster, these are sheduled for delivery later this week.

however i must say in iBood defence, they seem to have cleared up their act when it comes to delivery times, i bought the gaming mouse that was on iBood the day after this hard drive, and i received it already, plus I ordered a clock from them a while ago and received it very fast. so they seem to be better than the old days when their delivery was so slow, and when there is a delay they at least mail you to let you know when to expect it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

my order status is still set as "in progress"

Looks like we won't be getting these delivered any time soon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

neacy69 wrote: »
    my order status is still set as "in progress"

Looks like we won't be getting these delivered any time soon.....

Wouldn't pay any attention to that, an order I got delivered over 3 months ago still has a status of In Progress

Mine just arrived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

thumpybum wrote: »
    I dont understand that either, if you say you read feedback then surely you must have been prepared for a delay?

If you need something straight away walk into a high street shop, dont buy off the internet. If youre ordering off the internet you have to be prepared for delays.

I wouldn't really agree with that statement either thumpy, yes I agree if you've checked customer feedback, seen lots of complaints on delays in delivery then that's what you should expect - but it's too general to say ordering off the internet you should expect delays, some online retailers are really efficient and quick with deliveries......

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thumpybum

I wouldn't really agree with that statement either thumpy, yes I agree if you've checked customer feedback, seen lots of complaints on delays in delivery then that's what you should expect - but it's too general to say ordering off the internet you should expect delays, some online retailers are really efficient and quick with deliveries......

I didnt say expect, I said be prepared for which I would take to to mean 2 different things.
    (Like most people these days) I buy lots online, some online retailers would surprise me if delivery took more then a week, some if I got delivery inside a week.

As I understand it, Ibood dont carry stock so theyre at the mercy of their suppliers, vagaries of overseas shipping logistics etc, and so would be one business I would expect to take more then a week for delivery, so Im prepared to wait for longer, and in turn am not disappointed when there is a delay.
    Ive bought maybe 10 items from ibood, Ive had delays twice (argosy disks one of them) and received emails both times to notify of the delay so Im not wondering where my goods are. Once you are aware that this can happen I cant see how anyone can complain and Id say again if you need an item in your hand are not prepared to accept a delay in delivery you have to buy from a high street shop.

Anyway, my 2 argosys arrived this morning. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Mine has arrived today also
    Yet to test it though

Excellent hopefully mine will arrive over the next day or so....

Anybody know if this supports this x264 format?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

just got mine at 10:30 by UPS :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

lensman wrote: »
    just got mine at 10:30 by UPS :D

Me too! UPS drivers must have been sick when they saw them all arriving at the depot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Got mine today as well, seems like a great piece of kit.

One problem, certain avi files arent playing due to codec issues? Anyone else have this problem? Is it just a matter of installing the codecs onto the actual player?

niallo24 wrote: »
    Got mine today as well, seems like a great piece of kit.

One problem, certain avi files arent playing due to codec issues? Anyone else have this problem? Is it just a matter of installing the codecs onto the actual player?

Do you know which type of AVI's they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anybody know if this supports this x264 format?

These are MKV files, right? I've tried two so far and no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Do you know which type of AVI's they are?

Not really sure, they wouldn't play on my media player on vista either until I downloaded a codec pack. So now I am thinking if the codec pack is downloaded onto the Argosy player whether that will enable it to play them. A bit dodge though, could **** up the software or something..

An MKV file is a Matroska file. Matroska is an open source container format. It is an alternative to the popular AVI and MP4 formats, you'll have to convert them to avi/divx or dvd format before u transfer them to the argosy player.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Seems like a lot of effort, I don't suppose a simple file extension rename would work? :)

cormie wrote: »
    Seems like a lot of effort, I don't suppose a simple file extension rename would work? :)
    No,...it's a format you don't see a lot to be honest, mostly found on russian sites but I have always managed to find an avi/divx version of any file;) I needed.

lensman wrote: »
    No,...it's a format you don't see a lot to be honest, mostly found on russian sites but I have always managed to find an avi/divx version of any file;) I needed.

Most of the HD (720p/1080p) stuff that I found out there is MKV format

Most of the HD (720p/1080p) stuff that I found out there is MKV format
    can't argue with u there as I tend not to D/L HD stuff, I did once (4.5gb) only to find out it was a bad archive...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Yeah you rarely find any HD stuff thats not in MKV these days. Once in a while you might see a WMV-HD bu the compression is fairly poor in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Grawns wrote: »
    Doesn't Playstation 3 support mp4 or is just about to? Just if you had one or are still thinking of buying an mp4 media player.

Anyone know? As I spent hours converting from mp4 to avi and the results were never satisfactory.

Sorry to drag up an ancient thread. I wanted to see if anybody else has problems with the sound on this device.

With any AVI I play on it the speaking and dialogue are very hard to hear without blasting the volume up, the background sounds are good, they tend to drown out the speaking. I've tried it on 2 TV's. I'm connecting to the TV using Component audio and video. I've played around with all the settings without noticing any difference.

It's annoying as you constantly have to higher the volume during dialogue and lower it back down when the action scenes come on as it does be way too loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

masterK wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an ancient thread. I wanted to see if anybody else has problems with the sound on this device.

With any AVI I play on it the speaking and dialogue are very hard to hear without blasting the volume up, the background sounds are good, they tend to drown out the speaking. I've tried it on 2 TV's. I'm connecting to the TV using Component audio and video. I've played around with all the settings without noticing any difference.

It's annoying as you constantly have to higher the volume during dialogue and lower it back down when the action scenes come on as it does be way too loud.

Have you tried the scart or another AV cable?

zarquon wrote: »
    Have you tried the scart or another AV cable?

Yes, tried with a few scarts. Didn't have another component to try

Advertisement