Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Are ya 087 or 088?" - Retro Phones

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Funny this thread should pop up,I just got hold of a old in mint condition with charger Motorola international 3300 brick phone from the early 90,s.
    Done some research on the net and it seems the 3300 model is a very rare and sought after phone for collectors,the 3200 are quite commonly for sale on fleabay,but not a sign of a 3300 for sale.
    Wonder how much the 3300 is worth?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Bit harsh!.

Twas but a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

20140223_084020.jpg

My "Honey I'm going out for a quick pint" phones

Motorola mg14c11 - beautiful phone, works with 4x AA batteries.
    Nokia 3110 - basic, simple and small. I'm using it when going abroad
    Nokia 1611 - my favourite "pub" phone. 5 ringtones and up to one hour talking time.. Got brand new double sized battery last year from ebay.de

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

siemensc25_415.jpg

Got one of these badboys on Esat when I was around 15.
    Was a pure **** of a thing for texts. I think it was about 10-12 characters per line with only 2 lines on the display!

I later upgraded to the Nokia 6110. Basically a better looking 5110 with a fancier interface and IR port :eek:
    250px-Nokia_6110.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

roadsmart wrote: »
    Don't worry, some day you'll own a decent phone.

Ouchies. :( :pac:

Professey, I still have my 6300 on my bookcase at home. When I was looking for a new phone last year, I genuinely considered just going back to it. Twas a joy of a thing to use. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement