Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chartered Engineer Salary

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jiminho wrote: »
    And out of curiosity, what does an engineer working with the LA get put on after that scale limit has been reached?

They stay on that limit until they leave/get a promotion/new position/pay scales are increased nationally by the government.

The grades of engineers are
    Graduate
    Assistant
    Executive
    Senior executive
    Senior (top position usually held by one person only)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kceire wrote: »
    They stay on that limit until they leave/get a promotion/new position/pay scales are increased nationally by the government.

The grades of engineers are
    Graduate
    Assistant
    Executive
    Senior executive
    Senior (top position usually held by one person only)

Is there incremental pay rises for each grade every year or once you reach the top thats it until you get promoted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Has anyone any idea how much a fire engineer with 5 years experience could expect? All my experience is in New Zealand and I wont be chartered. Will this affect my chances of getting a job or my salary?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

godtabh wrote: »
    Is there incremental pay rises for each grade every year or once you reach the top thats it until you get promoted

Yes, if you are an executive engineer, for example, you have incremental pay rises every year for a predetermined amount of years, about 6ish for that position. But the last 2 scale points are 2 years each so it would take you about 8 years to reach the top point on the scale.

Once at that top point, you never get another increase unless a national wage agreement increases the scale points of your particular grade or you get a promotion.

The pay increases per year usually range from about €700 - €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭engineerfear1

I am considering applying for chartership this year. Should I expect a salary increase from my employer if I achieve chartered status or is that being too optimistic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

I am considering applying for chartership this year. Should I expect a salary increase from my employer if I achieve chartered status or is that being too optimistic?

When you get chartered then ask for it. The worst they can say is no but at least you will know where you stand

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cfosulli

In the boom times it used to add on a few k to a salary but not nowadays. It may be more likely to assist you in getting a promotion which in turn will lead to increased salary but it won't increase your salary in isolation (IMHO)

Advertisement