Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I got €13 off €50 and €8 off €40 :) for the same period and then the same again for the following two weeks. I think I will stock up on nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

Stupid Question, :confused: Are Tesco taking Aldi's coupon from last Sunday's Irish Indo €10.00 off when you spend €50.00, if so how does it work, can I use it on anything in Tesco??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Stupid Question, :confused: Are Tesco taking Aldi's coupon from last Sunday's Irish Indo €10.00 off when you spend €50.00, if so how does it work, can I use it on anything in Tesco??

Baby formula is the only thing it isn't valid on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Sorry if this has been asked before- can I use the dunnes money off vouchers to buy clothes from tesco? It's says on the voucher grocery dept only. Tia.

Sorry if this has been asked before- can I use the dunnes money off vouchers to buy clothes from tesco? It's says on the voucher grocery dept only. Tia.

I would say no.....but you never know maybe the cashier will just accept it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I don't think Tesco differntiate between Grocery/Drapery like Dunnes do because they really do very little drapery so the 'Grocery Dept' restriction has no real meaning for Tesco purposes.

The only exclusions are the usual baby formula, cigarettes etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

kn wrote: »
    Came a couple of days ago. Our one had a series of €22 off a minimum €125 shop vouchers!
    Don't waste 'em. Give them to someone who will use them

snubbleste wrote: »
    Don't waste 'em. Give them to someone who will use them

Mine have my name on it so I presume I need my clubcard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Millem wrote: »
    ..but does it have the loyalty card number?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Got 6€ off 40€ spend from Supervalu.

Can I use these to buy €40 of booze in Tesco? i.e. pay €34 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Possibly a silly question but I assume that to use the dunnes vouchers in tesco you still have to abide by the dates in the voucher?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Got 6€ off 40€ spend from Supervalu.

Can I use these to buy €40 of booze in Tesco? i.e. pay €34 ??
    Yes.

lachin wrote: »
    Possibly a silly question but I assume that to use the dunnes vouchers in tesco you still have to abide by the dates in the voucher?

Yeah they have to be valid. Tesco is not going to 'honour' a voucher that Dunnes themselves will not honour for being out of time.

I used the €10 off a €50 shop Aldi voucher before for 2 x €25 TM top-ups and they took it. Chance your arm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

OK, the way I'm reading it here is Tesco will take Dunnes money off vouchers we got with the Clubcard vouchers???? ..... I thought it was only the ones in the papers they'd take .... Just want to double check before I go in ... Oh and do they stick with the dates on them too?
    Tia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Only wrote: »
    OK, the way I'm reading it here is Tesco will take Dunnes money off vouchers we got with the Clubcard vouchers???? ..... I thought it was only the ones in the papers they'd take .... Just want to double check before I go in ... Oh and do they stick with the dates on them too?
    Tia

Yeah, the €x off when you spend €x vouchers that you get in your Dunnes mailing. They've been taking them for a good while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Yeah, the €x off when you spend €x vouchers that you get in your Dunnes mailing. They've been taking them for a good while now.

Fantastic!!! Wasn't aware of that - have some bits I want in Tescos so well happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭pandoraj09

Tried to use to 10euro aldi one from the independent yesterday in Tesco nutgrove and they wouldn't take it...they didn't know whether they could or not and rang head office and they didn't know so they said no "just to be on the safe side"!!!????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    Tried to use to 10euro aldi one from the independent yesterday in Tesco nutgrove and they wouldn't take it...they didn't know whether they could or not and rang head office and they didn't know so they said no "just to be on the safe side"!!!????
    If you still have the Sunday Independent, tear out Page 9. It's a full-page ad for Tesco. Bottom part reads in huge print:
    To make life a little easier ... we accept our competitor coupons. Simply bring a Spend & Save coupon into any Tesco store and we'll be more than happy to honor it.
    Produce that if you get any aggro. There is no excuse for them being unaware of their own policies. They've been accepting competitor coupons for a number of months. I've frequently seen flyers in the store advertising that fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭pandoraj09

Apparently its only coupons that have a barcode and can be scanned...felt like a beggar at the customer service desk with the girl phoning numerous people, then I was told no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,537 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tesco's competence shining through like a beacon as always...

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    Apparently its only coupons that have a barcode and can be scanned...felt like a beggar at the customer service desk with the girl phoning numerous people, then I was told no...

I have used these barcode-less coupons in Tesco numerous times with no issues. Email your experience to Tesco customer services. They are very helpful and efficient. They will contact the store and clarify the matter with them and most likely refund you the voucher value.

Nope. You don't.

Nope. You don't.

On my voucher the say "please present this vocher along with your value club card or key fob at the checkout at the time of purchase"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

On my voucher the say "please present this vocher along with your value club card or key fob at the checkout at the time of purchase"

That's if you're actually using your Dunnes spend & save voucher in Dunnes. If you use the voucher in Tesco, the details printed on it are irrelevant. As long as it's in date of course. Although I've also used Dunnes vouchers in Dunnes with the wrong Value Club card. They still scan through fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sounds good - I recently received my SuperValu mailing, only the vouchers are for a specific store, which is no longer local to me. Hopefully I can use them at Tesco.

dudara wrote: »
    Sounds good - I recently received my SuperValu mailing, only the vouchers are for a specific store, which is no longer local to me. Hopefully I can use them at Tesco.
    As long as they are in date that should not be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

A quick question on this, for the Dunnes vouchers i got in the mailing this month (€8 off and €9 off) can i use these in Tesco?

To note, these arent the ones were you have to spend a certain amount (e.g. €12 off when you spend €60)

So if i have €19 off from Dunnes and €12 off from Tesco, can i use all in Tesco in one shop? Im guessing not.

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    A quick question on this, for the Dunnes vouchers i got in the mailing this month (€8 off and €9 off) can i use these in Tesco?

To note, these arent the ones were you have to spend a certain amount (e.g. €12 off when you spend €60)

So if i have €19 off from Dunnes and €12 off from Tesco, can i use all in Tesco in one shop? Im guessing not.

Its one voucher- per transaction.
    What I do is put all the shopping on the conveyor belt- and tell the cashier to stop when she hits €60 (or whatever the target spend is) and then to start off again. On one occasion I managed to use 3 €10 off vouchers in the one shop this way (and get the Tesco 25% off wines, bogoff on coffee, special offers on children's clothes and wellington boots- and a rake of other offers that day).

So- one voucher per transaction- but you can have as many transactions as you like (keeping in mind you'll have to hit the target spend on the voucher, in order to use the voucher).

JoeCole26 wrote: »

I am assuming you mean the clubcard vouchers? No you cannot use them in Tesco. Its only the one's that you cite like the €12 off a €60 shop that you can also use in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Just back from shopping, had 2 vouchers from newspapers at weekend the Aldi ones, spent one in Aldi, stocked up on chicken (special offer - filled the freezer) the other in Tesco no questions asked, New Ross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Used the Aldi €10 off €50 in Tesco. Was able to use it on two €20 phone top ups and other stuff to bring it just over €50. This included two packs of the Moy Park Chicken Kievs (at 1.29 each after MP coupons).

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

Can dunnes vouchers be used for a tesco online shop

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

any idea if they will work for petrol in tescos

irlgirl wrote: »

Wouldn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭mac1961

If using dunnes 10 off when you spend 40 in tesco do you need to produce your dunnes loyalty card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,537 ✭✭✭✭L1011

mac1961 wrote: »
    If using dunnes 10 off when you spend 40 in tesco do you need to produce your dunnes loyalty card.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

irlgirl wrote: »

Asked at a Tesco Petrol station today and they said "unfortunately not" :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

This came in handy

got 24 big tigers for 44
    same would cost around 72 in dunnes
    happy out

Can anyone clarify if these are being accepted for Tesco online shopping?
    Fakebuke Tesco suggest you give it to the delivery driver:
    Customer: my delivery driver would not accept my Dunnes stores €15 off a €60 shop today. I phoned customer services and was told that he should have done so. They have refunded the money to me (many thanks) but could you please ask Tesco in Maynooth to advise their drivers to take the vouchers, so I don't have to go through this again next week. Otherwise, very pleased with my delivery from Maynooth.

Tesco Ireland: Thanks for getting in touch with us.
    I'm really sorry that the driver would not accept the voucher, although I am pleased that you were happy with your order otherwise.
    If you can let me know your full home address, order number and address in a private message I will speak to the department to make sure they are aware of the correct process.
    Thank you, Clare - Customer Care

You can use them for Tesco online!
    Tesco fakebuke: if you are placing a grocery order from the website, you will be able to present our driver with the coupon on the door step; so long as the terms and conditions are met, you will receive a refund for the difference

Now can we combine this with Tesco online coupons :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

snubbleste wrote: »
    You can use them for Tesco online!

Now can we combine this with Tesco online coupons :cool:

Now that I'm going to give a try, my 32€ off a shop over 100€ from Dunnes will come in handy than, let's see what my driver tells me on Saturday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement