Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ruth12345 wrote: »
    If a dunnes voucher says 'not valid for giftcards', can you still buy giftcards in tesco using that voucher?
    My local Tesco would'nt allow it. Depends on the cashier I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Chatting to someone who works in Tesco about this recently, I was told that they're not supposed to allow the use of vouchers against the purchase of gift cards but many/most staff either don't know or notice.

I guess the main thing is not to be brazen. Drop one in amongst the rest of your shopping and you should get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Vouchers cant be used against gift cards.

Thats what I was told from my manger when I was an employee.

Anyone get today's Independent and see what the Dunnes coupon is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Supervalu are changing their money off model. I got a text with a code to use at the till as the money off offer i.e. no coupon that you can use in Tesco instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Anyone get today's Independent and see what the Dunnes coupon is?

Despite what it says on the front page, there is no sign of any Dunnes voucher in today's Indo.

Either that or I'm going blind.

Quackster wrote: »
    Despite what it says on the front page, there is no sign of any Dunnes voucher in today's Indo.
    Either that or I'm going blind.
    You are right. The Indo front page is completely misleading. There be no Dunnes coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I saw a copy of the Indo this morning and there seemed to be Dunnes vouchers on a few pages at the bottom (different pages had different money off offers and they all expired tomorrow I think) but I only glanced at it and I don't have the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I read the paper today..it's very misleading..It's only advertising the coupon that you get at the till when you spend your 25e

Lidl have a €10 off €50 coupon this weekend in Sunday World or Sunday Times

Aldi: €10 off €50 in Sindo on 09/11

I assume this starts 30/11
    WZXKmfhl.png?1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cool- so the Sindo will have both Aldi and Lidl vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tesco take all their competitors vouchers, do Dunnes do them same?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Tesco take all their competitors vouchers, do Dunnes do them same?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cool- so the Sindo will have both Aldi and Lidl vouchers?

Looks like it - Aldi attached to paper as the past and it seems like Lidl is providing them on a leaflet insert judging by their ad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

kn wrote: »
    Its now all stores with the exception of the Tesco Express branded stores.

All Tesco stores are taking competitors vouchers including Teaco Express stores, I know the manager and several staff at an Express store and they all confirmed that Express stores (and ALL other Teacos) should accept competitors vouchers, and I just used Dunnes clubcard vouchers at an Express store!

GM228

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Sorry if this has been asked already but do Tesco also take the vouchers that are part of your dunnes receipt for your next shop?

Also,can these vouchers be used when buying something such as a phone in Tesco or is it restricted to groceries?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

MelanieC wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already but do Tesco also take the vouchers that are part of your dunnes receipt for your next shop?

Also,can these vouchers be used when buying something such as a phone in Tesco or is it restricted to groceries?

Thanks.

Yep used a few last week. Not sure about phones, however the dunnes voucher does have a list of items excluded, if it ain't on that list I'd imagine they should take them.

Has anyone who's used a Tesco online shopping discount code also been able to use an Aldi etc. voucher when the shopping was delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

its shop and save vouchers that they take i.e. 5 euro off a 25 euro shop........

vicwatson wrote: »
    Looks like it - Aldi attached to paper as the past and it seems like Lidl is providing them on a leaflet insert judging by their ad
    Lidl have a insert in the Sunday World every week.

GM228 wrote: »
    All Tesco stores are taking competitors vouchers including Teaco Express stores, I know the manager and several staff at an Express store and they all confirmed that Express stores (and ALL other Teacos) should accept competitors vouchers, and I just used Dunnes clubcard vouchers at an Express store!

GM228

Fair enough. They changed that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kn wrote: »
    Lidl have a insert in the Sunday World every week.

Yeh, and the Sunday Independent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

had Iceland vouchers honoured in tesco manor st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Karina Aggressive Jelly

Saw an ad on TV3. It looks like Dunnes are taking shop and save vouchers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Saw an ad on TV3. It looks like Dunnes are taking shop and save vouchers.

They've always taken Shop and Save vouchers- as in- spend 25 get 5 off, spend 50 get 10 off etc etc. They are Dunnes till spits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Does anyone know what the official stance is with Tesco with regards to accepting multiple vouchers per transaction? E.g is it possible to use a €10 off €50 spend Aldi voucher in conjunction with a €6 off €40 spend Tesco voucher etc..?

I've seen people mention that they've been able to stack multiple vouchers per transaction no problem, but last week at my local tesco they wouldn't accept the two named vouchers above despite spending over €60

Advertisement