Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2014 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

yeah I've just gone with the annual setanta sub too, feck it i watch NASCAR, Indycar and the odd bit of WRC so its lessened the pain a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

h3000 wrote: »

I'm guessin that UPC viewers will be gettin the old "Programme not available in Ireland"......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Grim. wrote: »
    yeah I've just gone with the annual setanta sub too, feck it i watch NASCAR, Indycar and the odd bit of WRC so its lessened the pain a bit.

I must start watching a bit of Nascar again. I'd say I haven't watched in 10 years.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭valerossi

So say I'm with sky how does that work out with me signing up with bt saywho do I ring?
    Whats the moto gp video pass like and does it have commentary?

Ps I'm fairly irritated bt have done this because I don't watch other sports with men chasing balls and the like but if it's got wheels and it's racing I'll watch it:)

valerossi wrote: »
    So say I'm with sky how does that work out with me signing up with bt saywho do I ring?

Ps I'm fairly irritated bt have done this because I don't watch other sports with men chasing balls and the like but if it's got wheels and it's racing I'll watch it:)

BT Sport in Ireland is part of the Setanta sports package, you can sign up here > https://secure.setantasubs.com . Practice is kicking off tomorrow by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Stevo105 wrote: »
    I signed up to motogp video pass for 99 euro for the year. i can watch all of last years racing plus all the other videos on the motogp website. Since i'm not into any other sport its the best option for me

yep me too, looks good so far.
    Are the race commentators the same guys who did moto2/3 on the BBC last year? I think the BBC just took the Dorna commentary feed for these.
    It won't be Pox/Carrish anyway :D

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

8gn_3999_original.jpg

One of my favorite MotoGP races ever below, lets hope more of the same on the new Movistar sponsored bikes (Even if it was a Honda).

142960_rossi+gibernau+clash-1280x960-aug8.jpg._original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Yipee the season starts now! I'm over in Qatar so I'll post some stuff up over the weekend, pics and any rumours that I hear around the paddock.

Sat down with Michael Laverty last night for half an hour to get his thoughts on the new season, his winter and the development of electronics. Also got chatting to Pedrosa who's stressing that the title wont be won this weekend, Cal is saying that the new rules are moving more and more in Ducati's favour because, "We're the ones helping MotoGP and developing the [spec] technology."

Marc couldn't walk until five days. When he said this it was more to put pressure on rivals rather than to give himself and excuse and he looks to be pretty fit but we'll see tonight just how fit he is. Bradley Smith has said that he had pretty much the best winter ever, Pol Espargaro is struggling with his collarbone injury but he cant stop smiling so he should be OK on Sunday but he said the first three corners are the tough ones for his injury. I've posted everything to my site and crash.net but I'll be back on later with a few pics from opening practice!

Action gets underway in ten minutes with Moto3 practice but here's a few pics from the class shot for MotoGP
    1796763_667649376625047_1401192717_o.jpg

1913280_667649576625027_261203740_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Watching the BT coverage - Kieth Huewen and Julian Ryder are good as expected, however the technical input of Neil Spalding is badly missed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I'm guessin that UPC viewers will be gettin the old "Programme not available in Ireland"......:(

Hope not :( Still haven't decided between BT and the MotoGP pass so will have to make do with this until then.

I thought they only blocked live coverage on ITV4 for viewers in the Republic, eg Europa League.

Busy day yesterday! Some interesting feedback on the new tyres. They're using the same heatproof material that they used twice last year-Indy and Sachsenring-and it's not going down well with some of the riders. Jorge said that they made it feel like he was riding without traction control...the guys that tested here last week said that it was similar for them on the opening night so maybe you just need to get track time and experience with the tyre to learn how to ride it.

Laverty had an electrical problem that limited his running

Any update on whats going on at Ioda ? rumours of chassis being impounded etc

Infoanon wrote: »
    Any update on whats going on at Ioda ? rumours of chassis being impounded etc

Saw the team taking the bike into the garage so looks like it should be on track today

Well I have to say I'm impressed with the BT coverage so far.

Things looking very interesting regarding the factory and open bikes. It's great for a bit of extra competition but you can see why the factory boys are a bit pissed off.

Few pics from today's sessions....

1780144_668305733226078_2117674330_o.jpg

1891504_668305936559391_278104275_o.jpg

1798904_668305826559402_298710180_o.jpg

1781134_668306269892691_417286854_o.jpg

Aleix has the advantage of the softest tyre in practice / qualifying but I presume won't race on it, could it last the race and is the softest tyre allowed in the race? (still, immense performance from him so far)

Very confusing with all the rule changes, they wanted to make the open bikes competitive against the factory bikes but they might have overdone it a little :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Matt Birt has some interesting comments on twitter.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/birtymotogp

It looks like the extra fuel and the softer tyres are really helping bring the performance of the open bikes up. I t looks like they may have went a little too far though.

It looks like the extra fuel and the softer tyres are really helping bring the performance of the open bikes up. I t looks like they may have went a little too far though.

Yeah, Rossi seems to be struggling a lot with the fuel. He said today that he's never ridden a bike as slow as this year's Yamaha. Aleix wants to run 24 litres to give himself as much power as possible through the race and isn't too worried about the consequences early in the race. Jorge was pretty interesting about the tyres, he's obviously having serious issues at the moment with them but he said:

“As I said one or two months ago, I think that the Open class has too much of an advantage. I think that the change was necessary to create a better show for the fans but I think that in the future the championship should be more equal. I think that is the goal and for this reason we have four Open class bikes in the first places. At the moment the Open class is the first category and the first Factory bike is in fourth place. It is going to be difficult because they have 0.5s advantage with the soft tyre but what really worries us is their pace. Aleix and Iannone with our tyre are faster than us and this worries us and is difficult to understand. With the added fuel the bike is maybe easier in the corners.”

With the added fuel Rossi commented that he thought that having the extra fuel would help a bit on the straights but that the Open bikes would also get an advantage when the engine braking kicks in and smooths the braking zone for riders

Except Aleix is saying that he only needs 22.5 of the 24 litres avalable and is fastest on standard softs as well.
    Has Aleix Espargaro being under rated all this time? He dominated CRT last year beating Randy De Puniet who is no slouch - maybe the excuse that Aleix had a higher spec bike was not the only reason for his pace.

I don't think we will know the reality of the situation until Sunday and its probable that different circuits will give different results - but enjoying the mix ! And not forgetting that Bautista is ahead of the factory bikes so its not all about open class.

• Advertisement

Except Aleix is saying that he only needs 22.5 of the 24 litres avalable and is fastest on standard softs as well.
    Has Aleix Espargaro being under rated all this time? He dominated CRT last year beating Randy De Puniet who is no slouch - maybe the excuse that Aleix had a higher spec bike was not the only reason for his pace.

Nope, Aleix said that he can make do with 23 litres but that if he has 24 it makes everything easier for the software and he can ride with full power for the full race distance. I would be surprised if he doesnt start with a full tank because he said that after one lap he was able to get down to decent pace in testing. He's definitely riding well at the minute and showing what he can do though!
    I don't think we will know the reality of the situation until Sunday and its probable that different circuits will give different results - but enjoying the mix ! And not forgetting that Bautista is ahead of the factory bikes so its not all about open class.

Don't forget that Alvaro had the three day test here in Qatar, that was the biggest thing that caused the factory Honda, Yamaha and Ducati riders to struggle in the early sessions

I rate Espargaro very highly and the open rules are not the only reason he right up the top. The extra fuel is certainly making a difference though. With the electronics and tolerances in a MotoGP engine even 1 liter of fuel makes a big difference. As good as I think he is, I really don't think he is nearly a second quicker than Rossi and Lorenzo. The factory Hondas are a bit closer but the always managed their fuel very well.

Nicky Hayden has revealed that the Aspar Honda tank can only hold 22 Litres....

Apparently the track is absolutely filthy after last nights rain.

Apparently the track is absolutely filthy after last nights rain.

Track conditions are fine now, Moto3 faster than yesterday and Moto2 at circuit record pace. Should be very quick in the big class when they put in the soft tyres on the Ducati and Espargaro!

**** that Cortese Kallio incident was massive. I really hope Mika is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

from twitter
    Ian Wheeler ‏@ianwheeler 1m
    Mika Kallio is back in the pit box and he’s uninjured. He’ll be singing soprano for a few hours though!

Motogp.com live video has gone down :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NorthernSky

I have to agree i begrudgingly splashed out for BT Sports and the coverage is seeming like its off to a good start, just hope it keeps progressing. I've been looking forward to this weekend for weeks with all the little snippets in MCN over the last while, hoping Crutchlow can tame the Ducati, would like to see him do well on it

• Advertisement

Motogp.com video still down, it seems it goes to secure.motogp.com to authenticate you when you sign in but it's not getting a response.

The contact us page leads to this:

https://secure.motogp.com/en/contact/website
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this brief suspension of service.

:(

Edit: it's back just in time for Q1 but didn't get to see any of FP4.

Edit2: there was no need to panic as all sessions show up afterwards on http://www.motogp.com/en/videos-nospoiler anyway. I'll be on holidays when two MotoGPs are on. There usually isn't a problem finding a bar in Spain with it on (seeing as though they make up a huge chunk of the field!) but if I don't, I can just wait until I get home and can watch it all then :cool:

Advertisement