Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Film Score

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont forget Ennio Morricone! The main theme to Once Upon a Time in the West is the most beautiful piece ever plus his other stuff is'nt bad!

Lalo Schifrin for his ultra-cool scores - Bullitt, Dirty Harry and Enter the Dragon among others.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Retr0gamer wrote:
    He only does maybe 10 tracks. the rest are done by the in house konami composer (who is also a composing god).

Can't wait until Micheal Giachianno gets some more big movies to score. I'm a big fan of all his soundtracks for games (CoD and MoH), tv series (Alias and Lost) and recently for films (Incredibles).

I can still remember the tracks for Medal Of Honor on the PSX. Absolutely fantastic, the best soundtrack I'd heard in a game up to its release - really heightened the overall experience of the game.
    Garred wrote:
    Without a doubt Platoon

Hell yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

nadir wrote:
    Conan the Barbarian score by Basil Poledouris. Definately my no 1.
    I guess people dont know the film well karl , and just think of robocop

What the hecks this meant to mean? Oh, I know his name, so I'll just name a random film of his as my favourite. Maybe thats how you work, but not me or I suspect most people. :rolleyes:

I said Robocop because I genuinely love the score, why else would I say it? Certainly not for the sake of it, as you are implying, I assure you most people know Conan the Barbarian more then Robocop. I own all of the Conan movies on DVD, not particularly moved by the Scores.

That was truly the most puzzling post I've seen all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

because the Conan score is quite clearly better :p
    What the hecks this meant to mean? Oh, I know his name, so I'll just name a random film of his as my favourite. Maybe thats how you work, but not me or I suspect most people.

not I and perhaps not you, but I doubt most people are aware of our good friend Basil, and rather remember the music from the film... I stick with my opinion :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Actually changed my mind, its gotta be JAWS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

The Bourne Supremacy by John Powell is good.

Anything by Has Zimmer or John Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

mike65 wrote:
    Dont forget Ennio Morricone! The main theme to Once Upon a Time in the West is the most beautiful piece ever plus his other stuff is'nt bad!

Damn I had been forgetting him. Without a doubt my favourite Ennio Morricone piece is Ecstasy of Gold. He has loads of of greats though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

ixoy wrote:
    The Kronos Quartet's work on 'Requiem for a Dream' is pretty damn nifty.

Yes the Kronos Quartet worked on Requiem for a Dream but the entire score was wrote by Clint Mansell and is one of my favourites. Another great score
    was Angelo Badalamenti's score on The Beach.None of it appeared on the sountrack but the entire score was released on a separate album but was very hard to find.I had to get it on ebay from America.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

PWEI wrote:
    Another great score was Angelo Badalamenti's score on The Beach.None of it appeared on the sountrack but the entire score was released on a separate album but was very hard to find.I had to get it on ebay from America.

I've never heard that score but anything else by Badalamenti I've heard has been great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

virgin sucides by air stunning

ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Music in Edward Scissorhands by Danny Elfman. I especially love 'The Ice Dance'. So short though!!

Have a John Williams CD with loads different themes on it. The Jaws theme still scares me!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

i love that soundtrack too

the braveheart soundtrack is awesome, all music, no singing and trad instruments like the flute and the uillean pipes
    haunting

i dont have the soundtrack itself but the actual theme from schindlers list is one of the best pieces of music ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My favourite is probably Clint Mansell's score for Requiem For A Dream.

John2 wrote:
    I've never heard that score but anything else by Badalamenti I've heard has been great

It's well worth getting but as I was saying really hard to find.
    I ordered it used from amazon.com but amazon weren't
    able to get it so I spent six months trying to get it on ebay.
    Incidentally, for those of you who like the score from Requiem
    For A Dream,Clint Mansell wrote the score for Sahara which is
    also pretty good. Unfornuntely most of the music didn't appear
    on the "music from and inspired" sountrack but a separate
    album is to be released with the entire score on it and a vocal
    remix of the track Rock On which was on the soundtrack.
    Here's a list of the flims that Clint has worked on;

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0543739/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

has to be "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"

by the coen bros :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

PWEI, am I wrong in thinking that you're a Pop Will Eat Itself fan? Good knowledge of Clint Mansell and the fact that your name is an acronym for Pop Will Eat Itself lead me to think that I'm right.

I wasn't that gone on his soundtrack for Pi. But then that film always seemed like a test run on all fronts for Requiem for a Dream.

John2 wrote:
    PWEI, am I wrong in thinking that you're a Pop Will Eat Itself fan? Good knowledge of Clint Mansell and the fact that your name is an acronym for Pop Will Eat Itself lead me to think that I'm right.

I wasn't that gone on his soundtrack for Pi. But then that film always seemed like a test run on all fronts for Requiem for a Dream.

The name kinda of gives it away eh?
    I met Clint Mansell last Januray in Birmigham.
    He got back together with the rest of Pop Will Eat Itself
    for a brief "reformation" tour which completely sold out .
    He obviously wasn't doing it for the money but probably
    as a favour to the other band members who haven't done
    quite as well as him.It was great meeting him again after
    more than ten years.He's a really down to earth guy even now
    with his Hollywood millions.I met him in the Holiday Inn after
    one of the gigs where he went cause he knew there was a load
    of fans meeting up there.We even had a chat about
    the infamous Late Late Show appearance when they thrashed
    all the equipment much to the disgust of Gaybo.

Advertisement