Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you posting Christmas cards this year?

• 13-12-2008 1:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I'm a sucker for the "you know it's Christmas when you post your first card" ads that an post run, and armed with my address book, booklet of christmas stamps and a cd of christmas music wrote and posted mine last week.

Science taught me that each action has an equal and opposite reaction - but, the only cards on my mantelpiece so far this year are 2 from charities and 1 from a politican. :(

Is anybody else sending christmas cards this year, or is everyone doing the group text on christmas day?

I love getting post that isn't bills, so am hoping that people just haven't got round to posting theirs yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Era sure I have a week left :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Cards are an essential!!

I couldnt send a group text instead :eek:

Im sure they'l all come soon enough :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I am, for the first year ever! Makes me feel like a real person; not too sure I like that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Nah. I always only usually get as far as writing the card...then give up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No, I'm far too lazy/too much of a Scrooge for that.

• Advertisement

i meant to but have been far too busy

group text it is ;s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I intended to but I missed the last posting date to Europe. It was something ridiculous like the 29th November. Far too early to be posting Christmas cards!

I sent e-cards instead.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I gave up doing cards a few years ago. I never seemed to have everyones address, cos Im disorganised that way. And I was never into receiving cards either. I suppose I just never saw the point, it always seems like a bit of a waste of money and time.

Sigh. I am scrooge. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm the same Oryx.

But at the same time I think its important to stay in touch with people too. Anyway, I've no plans to send Christmas cards this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i usually give cards to my friends cause im too cheap to post, but theres a few people from college who live in random places around the world that id post them to.

unfortunately, ive written them but havent posted them. think its too late for japan :( ill post them on monday (if i remember!), theyll get there eventually, just be a little late. the thought was there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Update: Saturday post today brought me a bill and.....my first christmas card!

*happy happy bouncing*

It's lovely to get anything that has the address handwritten on it. My mantel piece is looking a little less bare. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

nope not sending cards, never really have tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I didn't think I was going to this year, but I ended up getting some cards today. The first should go out this coming week. The only one I'm concerned about getting to its destination on time is the one to my best friend in Australia. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Wish I could find ones made from recycled paper . . . *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I didn't think I was going to this year, but I ended up getting some cards today. The first should go out this coming week. The only one I'm concerned about getting to its destination on time is the one to my best friend in Australia. Fingers crossed!

Think the last day was the 5th/6th of December, I'm afraid :(

Although, I like to believe these are more guidelines rather than actual dates. I reckon the cards actually arrive like a week before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Nope. Even my parents don't send them out, and never have.
    The only one I'm concerned about getting to its destination on time is the one to my best friend in Australia. Fingers crossed!

Well they'll definately get it before next christmas, that's an ideal situation imo. One less card to write out next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭georgem25

Thought about not sending them - carbon foot print and all that...

but bought cards and stamps - all I have to do is write them now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

Ive bought cards but haven't got round to sending them of yet. I always seem to leave it to the last minute every year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

We usually don't but this year I am, as its the first in my own home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Doing it for the first year as a grown up!! Really just sending to the people I won't see over christmas and grandparents. Just to let them know your thinking of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Sent mine yesterday :D although from the general replies here I probably shouldn't expect any back!

Advertisement