Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have us ladies been seconded by the gentlemen??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Separate the metro from the sleaze.

You make the incorrect assumption that metrosexuals can't be sleazeballs.
    I fear for your safety in nightclubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Hmmm...reading this thread reminded me of this.........

Well. If I was in your position I'd be prettay, prettay embarassed right about....NOW!:
    I know, it's literally the complete opposite of this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Well. If I was in your position I'd be prettay, prettay embarassed right about....NOW!:

Darn tootin fire wall at work had blocked your youtube clip! Posted that when i got home. Honest Guv!

*deeply embarassed*
    CaptKirkFailed.jpg

Galvasean wrote: »

Do you mean your not here simply because I find you adorably entertaining?
    Your actually looking for someone to sleaze on.
    You've never sleazed on me. :mad:
    Baxtard,

btw Zaph your security. Definitely not metro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Do you mean your not here simply because I find you adorably entertaining?
    Your actually looking for someone to sleaze on.
    You've never sleazed on me. :mad:
    Baxtard,

How you got that from this,

I will never know. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

This man speaks da troof!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

It's just an interesting forum with topics to read.
    I'll admit I don't post alot here, but it is one of the forums up there at the top that is guaranteed to be interesting.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Zaph wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that i've had a sig link to tLL since I was made a mod here. Doubt it's done much to increase traffic though. :)

In fairness though, how many people have seen the other part of your sig "Take a walk on the west side" then gone for a pleasant stroll around Fortlawn and have never been seen since?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

In fairness though, how many people have seen the other part of your sig "Take a walk on the west side" then gone for a pleasant stroll around Fortlawn and have never been seen since?

Yeah, I feel a bit guilty about that. I'm hoping it hasn't reached double figures.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Zaph wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel a bit guilty about that. I'm hoping it hasn't reached double figures.

Don't be guilty - you're merely a market facilitator in one of the few growth areas in the Irish economy (tourism, of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I have to say that my reason for being one of the gents in the ladies lounge is that I get a better insight into women, I can ask them questions without being judged and I get genuine responses.

I have not posted all that much in the ladies lounge but I have to say whenever I have the responses have been amazing.

I give a big thumbs up to all the ladies of the ladies lounge and wish to thank them all for being so kind. Rock on ladies!! You should all be really proud of yourselves! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

why not i mean theres things you can learn and stuff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Men do like coups.

C coups are a personal preference of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Dublin_Andy

women are very intellectual and its good to get an insight into how women think because its hard somtimes to figure out what goes on in their heads...its nice to chat to them

and for obvious reasons, its also the prospect of meeting new women too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I brought this up about 6 months ago and my head was chewed off....

I like men a lot but I have more or less stopped looking in LL cos its turned into another BGRH forum of late - case in point post #64

Bring back segregation - boys and girls on opposite sides of the hall :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Nuravictus

Guys interested in woman, Well I never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

There should be a limited quota for man posts and unlimited woman posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Verb wrote: »

Lol, that's terrible!

I really enjoy having the male perspective around; it helps to balance out the conversation, plus there are topics here that men would be hesitant to discuss in other places. A female-only or male-restriced ladies lounge would be a bit lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Indeed. The joy of that would be tLL would then be the most discriminating forum on boards. :rolleyes:

Dragan wrote: »
    Indeed. The joy of that would be tLL would then be the most discriminating forum on boards. :rolleyes:

That and Soccer, I heard you have to be a total idiot to post there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I only need one post at a time to ban people. ;)

That and Soccer, I heard you have to be a total idiot to post there.

Yep, 'tis true, you should see some of the morons that post th.................oh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SarahSassy wrote: »
    I like men a lot but I have more or less stopped looking in LL cos its turned into another BGRH forum of late - case in point post #64

:eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

SarahSassy wrote: »
    I made that joke waaay back on the first page. Do I belong in BGRH? My hair's fine, and I only got a gut when I was pregnant. :)

I have to say that my reason for being one of the gents in the ladies lounge is that I get a better insight into women, I can ask them questions without being judged and I get genuine responses.

I have not posted all that much in the ladies lounge but I have to say whenever I have the responses have been amazing.

I give a big thumbs up to all the ladies of the ladies lounge and wish to thank them all for being so kind. Rock on ladies!! You should all be really proud of yourselves! smile.gif
    Translates as: Anyone want to date me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oryx wrote: »

yeah I know :D
    Rock on ladies!! You should all be really proud of yourselves!

:D What the hell is that about? proud of what exactly?

yeah... rock on... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hardly fair and not particularly nice interpretation of someone's post. Is it really that much of a stretch of the imagination that he means, quite simply, what he says?

g'em wrote: »
    Hardly fair and not particularly nice interpretation of someone's post. Is it really that much of a stretch of the imagination that he means, quite simply, what he says?

Firstly, it was meant in a humerous way.

Secondly, I accept that they guy may be genuine.

It was purely my interpretation, and not a reflection of the opinions of tLL posters as a group. Im sure my thoughts do not hold so much sway that the poor poster will suffer cos I was being a smartass.

*shrug*

Fair enough - there were plenty of other posts from guys that could have been poked pun at though. Sometimes it seems like the nice guys in tLL are given an unnecessarily hard time. There's a couple of w@nkers who do tend to spoil it for them though.

Fair enough - there were plenty of other posts from guys that could have been poked pun at though. Sometimes it seems like the nice guys in tLL are given an unnecessarily hard time. There's a couple of w@nkers who do tend to spoil it for them though.
    I think it says more about me than him, that I cant accept a compliment at face value.

Ill go and put my cynicism chip to more productive use on those who deserve it more, so. :)

fair point G'em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

*shrug*

Sorry. :o

• Advertisement

There's a couple of w@nkers who do tend to spoil it for them though.

*Whistles innocently*

Thanks G'em.

To those people who thought I was not being serious I was. All of us guys get useful information from the ladies whether through asking questions or by reading their threads (and I personally feel that they never realise how much help they provide). My post was 100% sincere and I do not appreciate it being treated as anything other than that. It is a shame that the ladies realised it was meant in the way it was written whilst the guy assume that there is a hidden meaning.

Oryx and Fits - I would rather you do not take fun of a genuine post. If you have a problem with the type of guy I am then please pm me to discuss it and not air it in public. Thank you
    I was being a smartass.

I agree 100% :)

Oryx - Thanks. All is now well and you are back on my Christmas shopping list :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You did see the nyom thread right?

kingtut wrote: »
    Oryx - Thanks. All is now well and you are back on my Christmas shopping list :)
    Goodie. *huggles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

*shrug*

+1

Meh... I still dont get the 'you should be proud of yourselves thing'.

fits wrote: »
    Meh... I still dont get the 'you should be proud of yourselves thing'.

The ladies should be proud for helping all of the men who needed help, asked for help or advice, asked questions that they could not really ask in real life without being judged so asked them here knowing that they would usually get honest and genuine responses without judgement.....the list is endless. I thought all of this was kind of obvious but not to you I suppose. Anything else you wish to ask me?

nope.

• Advertisement

I did, I locked it and subsequently deleted it and there was a lengthy PM exchange afterwards. Sometimes people fcuk up and do something stupid. If they apologise, admit what they did was wrong and don't display any behaviour that would give you cause to worry from there on in the easiest thing to do is generally just to move on.

Doesn't mean I forget though. I am, after all, a woman.

Doesn't mean I forget though. I am, after all, a woman.

And we all know what they say about elephants women!

Please don't destroy me g'em, it was a joke. :o

Please don't destroy me g'em, it was a joke. :o
    That's ok, I was angling towards the very same joke myself.

\pats Ariya Sparse Attic on the head

Edit: forgot to add a ':D'

\pats Frada on the head

If you were to pat my head, I would walk out of the room all accordiany similar to Wile E Coyote when a rock would fall on him. And I can't even play the accordian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

It sure would. Too bad these people aren't Jane Austen characters nor do they aspire to be. Looks like your pedantry is a tad misguided and irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

Congratulations for completely missing the point of my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I was attempting to encourage the discussion by enhancing the colloquialism of the title, rather than having it appear condescending and twattish.......unlike some.....:rolleyes:

I think a post like the one above proves my point.......they're even correcting our grammar...

*shudder*

they're even correcting our grammar...

I tried to stop him but he overpowered me.

I remember this well seeing as I created it. It was intended so that the guys could say who they thought deserved an award for the way they looked. It was meant as a bit of fun and in hindsight I could see that it could have been (and was) taken the wrong way.

Most of the women who replied to it felt that it was objectifying them. At the time I apologised publicly in the thread and requested that the thread be locked seeing as I had upset a few people. It was at that moment in time that G'em locked the thread. I then sent her a few pms with another apology as she was the moderator and explained what the intention of my thread was (a bit of fun) but that I realised it was not taken as such. Not one person reported my post or sent me a pm complaining about it.

All that aside, the air was cleared so I do not see how dragging up the past helps anyone? Anyone wishing to know my post history on boards can look at my old posts for themselves.

brianthebard - if you have an issue with a post of mine please report it or complain to me in private, especially if you insist in bringing up old topics. Cheers :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement