Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I dont understand how they are that price, surely that arnt selling at that?

if they were selling, it wouldnt be still up there on the site.
    a bit like the idiots who use Amazon Marketplace or PlayTrade as their reference point for game prices.
    the item is still there because nobody is prepared to pay that price.

ebay completed listings is just about the only REAL measure of what something is worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

a bit like the idiots who use Amazon Marketplace or PlayTrade as their reference point for game prices.

ebay completed listings is just about the only REAL measure of what something is worth

And even completed listings have their pitfalls in that regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

*cough*THERAGE*cough*cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Anybody notice all the fake sony controllers on adverts. The seller is trying to pass them off as official.
    http://www.adverts.ie/2279233

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Anybody notice all the fake sony controllers on adverts. The seller is trying to pass them off as official.
    If you see something fake, report it. You can't sell counterfeits even if you were to tell buyers exactly what they are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you see something fake, report it. You can't sell counterfeits even if you were to tell buyers exactly what they are.

I reported that seller before for having a duplicate account selling the same controllers. They seem to still have their pimary account which they sold the controllers from before. Surely if you're reported for having a duplicate account you should lose the two if you were selling counterfeits from both accounts, not on Adverts.

Ohhh and I bid on it too like a tool, what are some of the telltale signs?

I remember being duped into buying one of these fakes on Ebay a few years ago... worked perfectly fine until Sony put an update to their firmware that blocked them out.

Pity because even though it was fake it worked perfectly but definitely not worth full price.

You tube is a good source, I just spotted them because I reported them before. I have no problem with somebody selling third party controllers, it's when they try to pass them off as the real thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

STOP raising the price GOD DAMN IT..It shall be mine.

With this type of reckless bidding it'll go for well above what it's worth.

At the start of auction I tried a crafty one.
    Contacted seller , told him I lived 2 mins away and would pick up asap and pay cash there and then for 160 ...no reply :(

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Touring-Car-Driving-Machine-/110971674765?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item19d66d608d#ht_500wt_1288

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

STOP raising the price GOD DAMN IT..It shall be mine.

With this type of reckless bidding it'll go for well above what it's worth.

At the start of auction I tried a crafty one.
    Contacted seller , told him I lived 2 mins away and would pick up asap and pay cash there and then for 160 ...no reply :(

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Touring-Car-Driving-Machine-/110971674765?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item19d66d608d#ht_500wt_1288

Sorry but the bidding on that auction is absolute fukcing madness, its drove the price up to stupid levels with four days still to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah and I'm guilty...added 20 quid on 2 days ago.
    Who keeps bidding now though I don't know....possible ghost bidder.

Hence the crafty one from me,the rejection makes me more suspect as I offered 160 when it was well below that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Anyone ever use these guys www.genkivideogames.com ?

I dropped the price of that hybrod bios Dreamcast to €90 - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81191021&postcount=29

Cmon folks, region free goodness awaits :p

EnterNow wrote: »
    I dropped the price of that hybrod bios Dreamcast to €90 - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81191021&postcount=29

Cmon folks, region free goodness awaits :p

And a fancy new boot animation!

AND A HOT PLATE!

Sorry but the bidding on that auction is absolute fukcing madness, its drove the price up to stupid levels with four days still to go

Check out the bidding on this copy of Mother, it doesn't even have any instructions and the box has seen better days.
    http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=310496079283

Check out the bidding on this copy of Mother, it doesn't even have any instructions and the box has seen better days.
    http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=310496079283

Thats a bit mad, few days to go, box not great, missing manual & its already dearer than the mint one I got :confused: Seller dupe account maybe?

Thats a bit mad, few days to go, box not great, missing manual & its already dearer than the mint one I got :confused: Seller dupe account maybe?

I don't know, the bid history looks a bit dodgy. I have been watching that seller for a while, some games finish at stupid money. There can be games bought from different sellers in better condition as bin or best offer listings far cheaper.

I don't know, the bid history looks a bit dodgy. I have been watching that seller for a while, some games finish at stupid money. There can be games bought from different sellers in better condition as bin or best offer listings far cheaper.

Indeed, the one I got was listed at $40, I made an offer of $30 & he accepted it...& the condition is probably the nearest thing I'd describe to new. So they're definitely out there cheaper & better nick

Ohhh my, somebody please take fist dibs on this hideous monstrosity:
    http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/custom-xbox-360-wireless-controller/2293139

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    Ohhh my, somebody please take fist dibs on this hideous monstrosity:
    http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/custom-xbox-360-wireless-controller/2293139

Good god man, that is hideous. Seriously what is the point

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am not going to criticise the seller as I may be responsible for a further exodus of members to a Jamma+ marketplace..... can't have that on my conscience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Whatever's to say about it, I do like the image of some chap sitting there one evening, in the thick of some multi-player session, quietly glancing down at the pad in his hands and remarking to an empty room 'hmm, needs more yellow, but not too much. Of course. no, that would be completely ridiculous, Wouldn't it? I've got to stop somewhere'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if, when he was figuring just the right shade of yellow, he consulted a book of yellows, like one might get when perusing the shades in a household emulsion guide, that shade is probably not even called yellow....
    "Hmmm, my Xbox pad needs a hint of, let's see what we have here..... Starlight Dream?.... Morningtime Sun? ah.... here it is Buttery Gold, perfect...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's not that bad! I'd use it! Although the d-pad is off centre.

Apparently new & never used cocktail cabs here - http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-cabinets/2295582

In storage the last 30 years??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Also missing all the internals from the looks of it.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Also missing all the internals from the looks of it.

Aye, seem to be just bare cabs. Are they legit, as in actual cocktail cabs that are unused?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I guess they have a value of about €5 as firewood....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I guess they have a value of about €5 as firewood....

They look like the newer style to me , my two have metal legs, plus the top is a perfect rectangle on old ones except the rounded corners, i could be wrong but those ones go in a bit on the top, it's almost a H shape, newer ones I've seen are like that .

Even apart from all that they are not worth 150 with nothing in them !

I would imagine there would have been metal bars to each side;
    sort of looks like one of them Missile command cocktails

So assuming they're legit empty unused ones from the 80's, is there no real value to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

If you're in the market for a MAMEable cocktail cab then these are a good enough starting point. Not at €150 though, 75 is more like it - you don't build one of these yourself for less.

I personally don't like those types, much prefer the Taito style ones with the metal legs.

Why do I have a feeling that the ********** that just posted up on the Rage's post on Facebook regarding 'rare' games is somebody from this forum?

Why do I have a feeling that the *********** that just posted up on the Rage's post on Facebook regarding 'rare' games is somebody from this forum?

Lol, what did he say?

• Advertisement

Something like "so... when are you posting up the pictures of the rare games?"

:P

My response:

I see you've deleted Stephen's comment.

I tend to agree, where are the rare games lads? Don't get me wrong I've shopped in there before and you guys have some really great deals at times but none of these are that rare apart from on auctions that haven't ended on Ebay yet.

There's a reason that not many people bid on these ridiculously prices games on Ebay... they're not that rare and not worth that much.

The only game there that I can see that even sort of rare on these shores is perhaps Pikmin for GC and Timestalkers for Dreamcast but again... not that rare at all.

Dreamcast games come factory sealed all the time and at cheap prices due to alot of warehouses having overstock of these games after the Dreamcasts' demise... they're not worth **** even if they are factory sealed.

Something like "so... when are you posting up the pictures of the rare games?"

:P
    My response:

I suspect the two of you will be joining Retr0 soon in the ranks of 'yee who have been banned'

They seem to have deleted the picture. Ahh well.

Lol at the following exchange via PM:

Me
    Thanks for that lads I was only trying to help, no need to ban me from the page.

14:30
    The R.A.G.E.
    What? we did not ban you.

14:30
    Me
    You did aye, want me to prove it to you?

• Advertisement

Hah just called them out for banning me, at which point they unban me and send me a message saying something along the lines of:

'We'd have no reason to ban you, did you use bad language on the page? You haven't been banned bro...'

At which point the link to their page goes blue again meaning that I've been unbanned. They must think that I'm a ****ing retard or something.

My response to this in full for anyone that cares:
    Me
    You did aye, want me to prove it to you?

15:21
    The R.A.G.E.
    why would we ban you? did you use bad language on the page?

15:26
    Me
    I see that you've unbanned me again, thanks for that.
    Despite the fact that you've claimed that I wasn't banned I was for a time and we both know it. Maybe you didn't do it yourself but I know that I was.
    You see when you message somebody from your page but you have banned person from said page a link no longer appears on the name of the profile that messaged the person, it turns black instead of being blue.
    It's blue again which means that you'e unbanned me to then message me saying 'whao chill out dude you're not banned!'
    So thanks I guess for unbanning me but we both know what we're at here and we both know why I was 'temp banned' so to speak.
    That's a nice picture of the 'rare' range you have on your page by the way or erm... ohh well it was nice while it was there anyway.
    ;-)

If you're in the market for a MAMEable cocktail cab then these are a good enough starting point. Not at €150 though, 75 is more like it - you don't build one of these yourself for less.

I personally don't like those types, much prefer the Taito style ones with the metal legs.

Jebus I was thinking more €20. They don't even have the metal legs :eek:
    Edit: 20 a piece, I mean :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wouldn't pay 150 for one, but they're really interesting yolks. Definitely look like they've never been used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Jebus I was thinking more €20. They don't even have the metal legs :eek:
    Edit: 20 a piece, I mean :pac:

I know but you'd be surprised how much stuff costs. A sheet of MDF large enough to make one of these is probably over €20, add veneer, hinges and other metal work an you're close to another €60-70.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Another Ebay auction with a high value game and zero feedback bidder.
    http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=310499537705

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Blazing Star for 40 pounds. It has a repro shell and label but the boards are legit. Seems like a good deal.

Also has an Aliens board going for 76 n5 if you feel like buying a backup Andrew76 ;)

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41986&title=aliens-pcb-and-mvs-new-prices

Wow, that seller has another great deal on that thread -

MVS 2 slot powder coated black
    Garou Mark of the Wolves (Jap label)
    MVS2JAMMA adapter
    £90 posted for the lot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Blazing Star for 40 pounds. It has a repro shell and label but the boards are legit. Seems like a good deal.

Also has an Aliens board going for 76 n5 if you feel like buying a backup Andrew76 ;)

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41986&title=aliens-pcb-and-mvs-new-prices

Wow, that seller has another great deal on that thread -

MVS 2 slot powder coated black
    Garou Mark of the Wolves (Jap label)
    MVS2JAMMA adapter
    £90 posted for the lot

Wonder what region the Aliens pcb is, I think the Japanese version is missing the "3D" driving sections, not 100% sure on that though. Actually only had that in the cab yesterday - very amusing watching people play it who've never played it before. Doesn't seem to be a well known game at all. I really must record a 1cc double run through. Love it.

sugarman wrote: »
    Very cheap boxed Famicom Gameboy Micro going here.

€100 plus a few games for what looks like minty goodness. If I had the money i'd be on it.

Most of the games are fake (lol at Mario 3 especially) but €100 for a Famicom Micro is still good value on its own.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement