Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    He's not our owner anymore, luckily.

And the fact he doesn't show up and treats them with contempt should have no bearing on the club itself.

I also never said that Rangers should not be punished by the maximum punishments, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it.

He is still the owner of Rangers, he just cant sit on the board of directors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Madam wrote: »
    As English is Jelle's second language I think you may want to explain the term 'greeting'(I usually spell it as 'greetin':))

I know well enough what greetin' is.

_41173689_fans.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

I've been thinking(I know it's a dangerous thing for a woman to do;))but I'm beginning to think Craig Whyte is being used as the scapegoat(a compliant one at that) here! After all one man can't run a business into the ground he must have had help from somewhere or someone within the club - no?

I'm sure Murray was aware, but just didn't give a ****.

As long as he managed to get out before it all came crashing down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

He's not our owner anymore, luckily.

I posted earlier that I thought that maybe you didn't quite have a hold on what's happening at RFC, after the above comment i'm convinced of it.

Who do you think owns Rangers if it's not Whyte?

• Advertisement

Who do you think owns Rangers if it's not Whyte?

But if he bought the club under dubious circumstances,
    would that be true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I've been thinking(I know it's a dangerous thing for a woman to do;))but I'm beginning to think Craig Whyte is being used as the scapegoat(a compliant one at that) here! After all one man can't run a business into the ground he must have had help from somewhere or someone within the club - no?

I am absolutely convinced that Whyte's plan all along was what's happening now. He is an opportunist that saw a way to make a killing for the princely sum of £1.

He has intentionally financially run Rangers into the ground and I'll offer an example as proof.

He renegotiated the top earners contracts spending money doing so on increased wages and fees totalling millions to agents at a time when he wasn't paying those players' National Insurance and Income Tax! Why would he do that???

He wanted Rangers to run out of money and enter administration (knowing that the Big Tax Case and other creditors were lurking), he could then sit it out throwing accusations at the previous owners, hell even firing the likes of Bain knowing that Bain would take him to court thus speeding up process.

Whyte is exactly where he wants to be and where he intended to be. All he has to do is sit back, wait for a final deal to be struck, and then sell his shares to whomever the owners will be for many millions.

I've just being reading the rules which Rangers have been found guilty of. Jelle, Rangers didnt receive the maximum punishment possible.

Hmm, I'm not so sure! Yes he may have wanted to make a quick buck but even he couldn't have envisaged this outcome.

Sorry that was in reply to BobbyS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Hmm, I'm not so sure! Yes he may have wanted to make a quick buck but even he couldn't have envisaged this outcome.

I think by withholding tax payments while the club was firmly in the HMRC's sights he knew quite well what the outcome would be.

He's sitting pretty at the minute and shows no sign of handing over his control of the club without being paid handsomely for it!

• Advertisement

Ah well if he's brought the great Glasgow Rangers to their knees all on his own - perhaps he's to be admired as the greatest con man of all time;)

He's turned £1 into potentially millions and all he had to do was be inept at his job. He has crazy business skillz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

Really ?
    Care to give any examples ?

buying players with money you never had and had no intention of paying (Wallace), withholding money from clubs over gate receipts (dundee utd, dunfermiline) knowing that the above would cause severe problems to these clubs. Id have said this was cheating other clubs, wouldnt you? There seems little sympathy on the rangers forums for the smaller clubs you stole from (and in fact a supposed boycott was arranged for dundee utd for having the audacity to ask for their money)

Old Gill wrote: »
    buying players with money you never had and had no intention of paying (Wallace), withholding money from clubs over gate receipts (dundee utd, dunfermiline) knowing that the above would cause severe problems to these clubs. Id have said this was cheating other clubs, wouldnt you? There seems little sympathy on the rangers forums for the smaller clubs you stole from (and in fact a supposed boycott was arranged for dundee utd for having the audacity to ask for their money)

Another one who doesn't get it.

I was talking about fans who are according to some still don't admit they've done anything wrong.

Also, we have paid all the money owed so far for Wallace.
    The last payment (due this summer) could potentially be missed yes, but that doesn't mean anything at this point.

The rest is bollocks, all fans were happy that the money from the RFFF was used to pay Dunfermline.
    Dundee Utd can go **** themselves, they got a double gate receipt when they refused to let fans use their previous tickets for a game that was abandoned, of course we're not gonna like them now.
    They have also never let a chance go by to put the boot in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Old Gill wrote: »

Another one who doesn't get it.

I was talking about fans who are according to some still don't admit they've done anything wrong.

Also, we have paid all the money owed so far for Wallace.
    The last payment (due this summer) could potentially be missed yes, but that doesn't mean anything at this point.

The rest is bollocks, all fans were happy that the money from the RFFF was used to pay Dunfermline.
    Dundee Utd can go **** themselves, they got a double gate receipt when they refused to let fans use their previous tickets for a game that was abandoned, of course we're not gonna like them now.
    They have also never let a chance go by to put the boot in.

Aluko, McKay, Bocanegra, Bartley, Goian, Bedoya, Afolab, Wallace, Ortiz and Celik. Players Rangers brought in whilst not paying PAYE & NI. This is why rangers should be punished. Doesn't matter what affect they had/had not on the team. These were players brought in to give you an advantage while not being able to afford them.

Nicely copied from Kerrydale Street, who is Afolab btw ?

Or did you mean Afolabi, who would have been able to come on a free transfer but never actually signed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Nicely copied from Kerrydale Street, who is Afolab btw ?

Or did you mean Afolabi, who would have been able to come on a free transfer but never actually signed ?

So your only retort is that I made one mistake and misspelt one of the names?? What about the others?? Pure head buried in the sand!!!

So your only retort is that I made one mistake and misspelt one of the names?? What about the others?? Pure head buried in the sand!!!

Aye, keep telling yourself that.

http://www.thelawyer.com/full-extent-of-rangers-fc-claims-against-collyer-bristow-laid-bare/1012303.article

Hopefully that means that criminal charges can be brought to them.
    I guess that can also put to rest the accusations that D&P are working together with Whyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When will it be decided what division Rangers will be playing next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

When will it be decided what division Rangers will be playing next season?

Whenever Regan get's word from his masters at Peter Lawwel's proffesional Game Board.
    ;)

I've only just realised he was on that - yet for months i;ve read Bobby and Co. getting annoyed about the fact an EXRangers Board Member was involved.
    Now if anyone has a conflict of interests....

• Advertisement

Its Eric Riley thats on the SPL board, what committee is Lawwell on?

Regan's twitter account follows many people, yet only one single supporters club from a football team.

TheSmallestCSC.

Odd. :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    Its Eric Riley thats on the SPL board, what committee is Lawwell on?

the same one as Ogilvie!
    http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2560

Regan's twitter account follows many people, yet only one single supporters club from a football team.

TheSmallestCSC.

I wouldnt know - He's blocked my account for asking why he walked out of the meeting with Rangers fans a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

TheSmallestCSC.

so all celtic fans or suspected celtic fans are rangers haters, sounds to me like conspiracy RSC

so all celtic fans or suspected celtic fans are rangers haters, sounds to me like conspiracy RSC

Nah - He's just a spineless **** who is stuck between a Lawell and a hard place.

Eirebear wrote: »

You'd have to have the chief executive of the best run club in scottish football involved in corporate strategy and top-line decision-making of the professional game. Silly not to...

Dempsey wrote: »
    You'd have to have the chief executive of the best run club in scottish football involved in corporate strategy and top-line decision-making of the professional game. Silly not to...

Not biting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Donald Trump is in town, maybe he'll buy out Rangers???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,272 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Advertisement