Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

You can, just send a message to the agent!

I mean like a public board. That would be fun and drive house prices down right there

smk89 wrote: »
    I mean like a public board. That would be fun and drive house prices down right there

It would be good, but I just can't see it ever being done.

Just wait until the sold prices* are released, then everyone will see just how silly many of the asking prices are.

*If it ever gets done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

My friend had a house once, it was shaped in a circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

smk89 wrote: »
    If daft could do one thing to improve their site it would be allowing comments to be made on properties. Then we could tell the owners how fúckin stupid they are being with their prices

That would be great. I always thought there should be message boards to warn people over rogue landlords and tenants too and give them a score, similar to sellers on eBay. Landlords who are decent (snigger :P) would get more business that way and problem landlords/tenants could be identified. It should be very similar to eBay which manages its feedback and scores very well without descending into silly mud-slinging.

Daft should have a certain standard too. They do seem to allow properties which should be condemned to be advertised.

Daft should have a certain standard too. They do seem to allow properties which should be condemned to be advertised.

Those, are sites with a ruin on. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

That would be great. I always thought there should be message boards to warn people over rogue landlords and tenants too and give them a score, similar to sellers on eBay. Landlords who are decent (snigger :P) would get more business that way and problem landlords/tenants could be identified. It should be very similar to eBay which manages its feedback and scores very well without descending into silly mud-slinging.

(<.<) (>.>)

Patent Pending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

Agreed. Such chancers should be outed in a public forum. Amazing some of the absolute dives some individuals expect others to live in and for not inconsiderable sums of money. Seems to be a pre-63 thing in Dublin, and there is very little legislation enforcing minimum standards in such properties. Surely in this day and age a shower/kitchen/livingroom/bedroom set-up should be illegal?! :confused:

Agreed. Such chancers should be outed in a public forum. Amazing some of the absolute dives some individuals expect others to live in and for not inconsiderable sums of money. Seems to be a pre-63 thing in Dublin, and there is very little legislation enforcing minimum standards in such properties. Surely in this day and age a shower/kitchen/livingroom/bedroom set-up should be illegal?! :confused:
    I believe that bedsits are soon to be outlawed, either this year or next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

peasant wrote: »
    Check out this splendid example of interior decorating

When did Sligo become a city???

the interior, looks like something you would make on the Sims

• Advertisement

I believe that bedsits are soon to be outlawed, either this year or next!

AFAIK its just those bedsits with shared bathroom facilities. Nothing on minimum square footage or shower in the livingroom/kitchen bull****; plus ca change.

'The package will see a phasing-out of the traditional bedsits by insisting that each rental unit have its own sanitary facilities.'

AFAIK its just those bedsits with shared bathroom facilities. Nothing on minimum square footage or shower in the livingroom/kitchen bull****; plus ca change.

'The package will see a phasing-out of the traditional bedsits by insisting that each rental unit have its own sanitary facilities.'

OK just stick the bog next to the bed! Charming! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

peasant wrote: »
    Check out this splendid example of interior decorating

http://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/l0NwUMxKWBnHenDa5VE2f7omGAuORe6MFwwcIw2b0nRtPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpg

Maybe one of the kids wanted a Goldilocks and the Three Bears theme for their bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

It was all going so well until picture 4...

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=617277

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭cackhanded

Agonist wrote: »

There is an extra bed for you especially for a woman or can be a man as well.....
    One man is living in the room everything available and good quiet room relaxed sleep...
    High speed Internet acces, common washing machine, newly refurbished safe house. with nice neighbours,..

serial killer/rapist/prison escapee alert!

cackhanded wrote: »
    There is an extra bed for you especially for a woman or can be a man as well.....
    One man is living in the room everything available and good quiet room relaxed sleep...
    High speed Internet acces, common washing machine, newly refurbished safe house. with nice neighbours,..

serial killer/rapist/prison escapee alert!
    Agonist wrote: »

I don't understand that ad. What does 'living room share' even mean?
    It appears from the pictures that this guy (Les?) is camping out on a mattress in the living room. Very strange indeed. Best avoided people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

OMG, the place in the OP has been let! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Picture #2

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1002053

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night locked and in swift need of the toilet? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Some of these places would be worth more if the house was levelled and they just sold off the land.

Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=754249
    shades of cinderella about picture 4!

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=956251
    I love picture one, great view of the bed.. great if you like to watch I suppose.. at least your comfy.. ;)

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1008158
    I dub this the crying chair 2! Imagine bringing someone home to that! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Picture 3. You could move in, lie down on the bed, and ponder how the stains on the walls were created.

www.daft.ie/2776726

Picture1. Tv stand used as a kitchen table:D Also why bother with a double bed when you can just push 2 single ones together?
    Also Picture 5 - whats this supposed to represent? The fact that you can easily spy on your neighbours??

www.daft.ie/2838999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

This House came to my attention by a friend. One Bedroom and 1 Bathroom. Price €10,000. It has got electricity. It needs a little work suitable for a DIYer. Not much needed. ;)
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=573216

Out of curiosity with the collapse in the property market is there a cheaper one out there in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im sorry, but that looks like the public toilets you see in any town in Ireland...

/sends email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

It's been mentioned here before.

I'm tempted to offer him 7k for it, only that I don't have 7k. I think who ever buys that is going to knock it and rebuild. I'm curious to know how much land is with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

antodeco wrote: »
    Im sorry, but that looks like the public toilets you see in any town in Ireland...

/sends email

so does limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I wouldnt live in that if you paid me €10,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Still overvalued by about €9,900.....

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I wouldnt live in that if you paid me €10,000

Ah crap. I took out the money and all. Ill lodge it back into the account so :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I'd say about 5 years ago there was people who'd pay quarter of a mill for it. For ten grand thou its doesn't look bad. Nice little safehouse.

Memories of my first sexual experience just came flooding back.

Behind the back of the toilets on the green getting a handjob from Imelda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Is the picture just at an angle, or is that house actually slanting off to the right?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Bykobap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

It would have sold for €3 million about 3 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Very classy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Haha that is classic. That shaq is right beside my parents house. While the people are lovely, you couldn't pay me to move to Carrigkerry, theres nothing there.

Very classy. :D

She sure was.

A friend of mines older brother was in a similar situation at the teenage disco. But when he dropped his trousers the poor girl burst into tears.

Since then he has always been called "The Onion"

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭RTT

Is that you Joe? Wow its been years!
    Imelda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Caoimhín wrote: »
    A friend of mines older brother was in a similar situation at the teenage disco. But when he dropped his trousers the poor girl burst into tears.

Since then he has always been called "The Onion"

Could have been worse, at least it wasn't "The Acorn"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

What a dump. The only DIY you would do on that is with a digger and flatten it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It looks like an old electricity sub-station.
    I think the owner would have more luck if he demolished it and just put the land up for sale instead.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That's more a chalet than a house..

Either way it's fit to be burnt..

DarkJager wrote: »
    Is the picture just at an angle, or is that house actually slanting off to the right?
    It is in a bog. I would not be surprise if it at an angle.

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Still overvalued by about €9,900.....
    You overprice it by €100. It costs you more to knock it.

xzanti wrote: »
    That's more a chalet than a house..

Either way it's fit to be burnt..
    It looks like it is concrete or blocks. Very little timber to burn as it look rotten. The Glass seems to be holding it up. There is more timber on the ESB pole beside it.

I am trying to find it google earth street view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Just goes to show you the great job our planners are doing granting planning permission to this pile of ****e. A marvel of modern architecture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If it came with a septic tank, ESB, water connection and a reasonable size site, it might be worth a few quid. Ive a feeling the site probably consists of the area of the building plus its footpath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Check out this palace for only 20k more :eek:

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=580140

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

What poor misfortune lived in that house before it went up for sale??

What poor misfortune lived in that house before it went up for sale??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement