Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Haha bobskii that I cannot, I was the ripe age of 10 in 1996 lol

My first appointment is 23rd,I am assuming they will do my first scan then too? is the domino scheme like mlu? I am so hoping I get into mlu,however my first passed meconium (sp?) So I'm not sure if that could go against me as they need straight forward births. My cousin was in mlu and it was just fantastic,the facilities are top notch and the fact that your birthing partner can stay over for the first night is so amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I have 9 years on ya so!I can't go to the mlu as I had a section on my first and I've been through ivf this time so it's called a precious pregnancy and needs a doc to he present . pity cos I'm hopin I can have a natural birth this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

You win hands down Bobskii! I was in college. Is mlu midwife led if so that's the same as domino. I was semi private first time round but the holistic care associated with the domino seems to be right up my street.

Yep midwifery led unit, so very much the same thing. I was too far gone the last time I went for my first visit so fingers crossed.

How have you all gotten on with telling people? Myself and oh have not been in a great place lately,hopefully we can work things out. I have only told my mam and it's great to have someone to confide in. Tough work this pregnancy jazz!!

That's where I should have been!I have my first appointment 2nd of July nit long to go now can't wait.

• Advertisement

I keep looking at it on the calender and getting a little burst of excitement!! Is the waiting times still crazy do you know in hospital

I've no idea,but when I was attending the rotunda I used to go through the place where everyone had there appointments and the que 's of women were unbelievable!

Hope things work out for you lashes. All of my appointments are in the local clinic, only have to go to the hospital for scans. I have told a lot of people. Just too sick to hide it.

Thanks Fall, I do hope things work out,but deep down I know I can't stick with someone who I quote 'is not ready for kids' after 10 years together, 1 child ,umpteen miscarriages and one on the way!! I feel really bad as there is so many couples out there trying their hardest to have children and here we are fluffing things up. Whatever will be will be, /rant ;)

Oh lucky you only heading for scans to hospital, I remember last time waiting for hours on end for appointments,but that was before smart phones so hopefully internet will make it easier.

Has anyone had any cravings?

It's hard enough dealing with that stuff when you're not pregnant, throw the hormones and sickness into the mix and it can be very upsetting and lonely. Hope you have other support.
    No cravings as such, I just feel like like I constantly want to eat. Hoping the next mouthful will ease the nausea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

So Sorry for your loss ziggy.Thats so sad.I hope you feel better soon and when the time is right it all goes well for you again :)
    Hugs and kisses xx

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

So sorry for your loss also Ziggy, take care of your self. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Thanks guys for all your kind words. It's very sad but I'm a tough cookie so I'll be ok. Hope you're all doing well and best of luck with the rest of the pregnancies xxxx

The awkward moment when you look in the mirror and one boob is twice the size of the other!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Lashes28 wrote: »
    The awkward moment when you look in the mirror and one boob is twice the size of the other!!

I had that constantly when I was feeding my last boy!

So had my booking appointment today was there from 9 until 1 but have gotten in to the MLU so hopefully these apps are gonna be much quicker, had my scan and everything is where it should be,could not believe how active my mini me was! asked if should could tell sex but it's too tiny to see still.

I have a low lying placenta so have to come back at 34 weeks to see how all is then, just walking on air since seeing the little heartbeat thumping away. Eek it's real!!

Delighted the scan went well, it's some feeling to see your baby and hear the heartbeat. I am besotted! My little one was asleep and didn't budge but so relieved all the same. I had scan and bloods and was in and out in an hour. Happy days! How are your other symptoms or have you any?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

fall wrote: »
    Hope things work out for you lashes. All of my appointments are in the local clinic, only have to go to the hospital for scans. I have told a lot of people. Just too sick to hide it.

How far along are you Fall? I've been feeling the same way. Ridiculously sick and trying to hide it is torture. Considering telling people earlier than 12 weeks but then afraid if something were to go wrong. I'm 9 weeks now.
    how was it telling people? it's hard keeping it all to yourself isn't it! :-)

I just knew I would tell people if something had gone wrong so why not share the good news too. I am 12+ 3 and told everyone after scan last week but family and good friends knew for few weeks. I actually felt a relief when some people knew. I am a rubbish liar! My sickness totally settled in the last week so hopefully yours will too.

I just knew I would tell people if something had gone wrong so why not share the good news too. I am 12+ 3 and told everyone after scan last week but family and good friends knew for few weeks. I actually felt a relief when some people knew. I am a rubbish liar! My sickness totally settled in the last week so hopefully yours will too.

Yea I have told a couple of friends and parents as I would tell them anyway as you aid if something went wrong, but between us we have alot of siblings and once we tell them all the word will get out pretty quickly so that's why we're anxious to tell anyone else just yet but I'd love to! THat's great about your sickness settling! I hope mine does as well it's so hard :-(

• Advertisement

Delighted the scan went well, it's some feeling to see your baby and hear the heartbeat. I am besotted! My little one was asleep and didn't budge but so relieved all the same. I had scan and bloods and was in and out in an hour. Happy days! How are your other symptoms or have you any?

Well my little one was not co operating at all and had its back to us the whole time,so have a lovely little scan of its back and butt cheeks..I'm in love already,it's just so real now!

Well the nausea has calmed down except for evening times,peeing has become more frequently,how are you all doing? Oh and I'm a little bit of a fraud as my due date is 31st December,how exciting!

On a not so happy note myself and oh has split and I'm back living with my parents, it's far from ideal but they are treating me like a queen and have been so supportive

Aw you poor thing :-( still though - you're already being a great Mum putting you and baby first and making sure this little one comes into a happy stress-free world. It's the best thing well done and hope you muddle through this ok :-)

New years? how exciting!!

Ah thanks Nicman,putting a tear in my eye, it's actually a relief to feel free from the relationship,and he is showing true colours now.

Yeah New years eve eeek!! Have you had your scan done?

Well it's true - I don't know you but you sound like the most unselfish pre-mum out there! Had to be a rotten hard decision to make whilst pregnant.
    No haven't had my scan yet, should be having it within the next 2-3 weeks can't WAIT! So excited! And the doc asked me were there twins in the family because of my symptoms...would be crazy to see 2 on the monitor! I'll be happy once the little bean is ok. I'm not anxious right now about heartbeats etc because im so sick that I know something is definitely going on in there :-)

Fair play Lashes, not an easy decision to make at any time. My symptoms were so severe Nicman that I was hearing the twins possibility too. I also got a bump very early on.
    I am due January 2nd so we are very close Lashes!

Fair play Lashes, not an easy decision to make at any time. My symptoms were so severe Nicman that I was hearing the twins possibility too. I also got a bump very early on.
    I am due January 2nd so we are very close Lashes!

No way? and have you had your scan yet - are you having twins? :-)

No just the one. But I was really sick for six weeks. I had my scan last week and dates are bang on. So relieved to have seen the scan. How many weeks are you?

No just the one. But I was really sick for six weeks. I had my scan last week and dates are bang on. So relieved to have seen the scan. How many weeks are you?

Oh wow! well they say that strong sickness etc can also be a sign of a girl ;-)

I'm just 9 weeks yet so will be having a scan within the next couple of weeks hopefully. But I've been sick from 3 weeks onward...progressively getting worse week by week but I'm happy because i know the little trouble maker must be doing well! :-)

What hospital are you having your baby fall??I went so far over on my first, so I'm thinking I'll be more January.
    On a side note I enjoyed reading my old files in hospital yesterday,stuff I have completely forgotten about and managed to steal a scan photo of my last miscarriage, just to have!

Nicoman if I thought there was any possibility of twins, I would have to have had a scan by now,the suspense would kill me!!

• Advertisement

The sickness was a great way of knowing something was going on all right. I had my first on my due date and I am going to the coombe. What hospital are you in?

Advertisement