Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Same here, just bought a ticket for the friday nite fun in D'Brook.

I was going to get a ticket at the gate.. Any thoughts on whether it will be a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

lads did we ever find out if there's drink on sale in the Aviva for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

Dodge wrote: »

Why doncha ring them up and ask?

http://www.avivastadium.ie/stadium-info/contact-us

I'd be seriously surprised if they're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I was going to get a ticket at the gate.. Any thoughts on whether it will be a problem?

Dunno but probably not. Online the deal is buy and print it at home. I won't get there til after 6, was hoping to see some of Loyola but they'll be almost finished by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Wisesmurf wrote: »

That's what I was going to do, as there seems to be student tickets available to buy at the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Raoul

http://www.facebook.com/alisha.wilkinson.16

This girl was advertising 2 tickets on the emerald isle facebook page. Said to just pm her. Could be gone, but thought I would post it up here anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Raoul wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/alisha.wilkinson.16

This girl was advertising 2 tickets on the emerald isle facebook page. Said to just pm her. Could be gone, but thought I would post it up here anyway
    Thanks Raoul, worth a shot anyway :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Official statement from Aviva Stadium:
    Bring in a sneaky naggin just in case. A hip flask is also accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Just home now from the aviva. Spend a good 45 mins watching from the dodder walk. Its good to watch as it was a 'closed' session we were constantly asked to move but barring askin there was nothing they could do really. And it was only the sideline guys, none of the coaching staff looked too bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

gerire wrote: »
    Just home now from the aviva. Spend a good 45 mins watching from the dodder walk. Its good to watch as it was a 'closed' session we were constantly asked to move but barring askin there was nothing they could do really. And it was only the sideline guys, none of the coaching staff looked too bothered

What do u mean Dodder Walk? where can you watch from? this is outside the ground right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Yeah; They were doing their practice on the outside astro pitch.

Tomorrows will be a walk through session in the stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

gerire wrote: »

Yeah I dropped down shortly after 12 and some guy came over and said it was a private training session. I told him I was on a public pathway and he relented. Thought it was OTT to be honest. There was no more than 10 people casually watching.

Anyway grateful for any spare ticket:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭teddybear178

Just flew in from JFK and there were quite a few ND shirts and hats on the flight. Only saw 1 Navy family. The fleet was outnumbered 50 to 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just flew in from JFK and there were quite a few ND shirts and hats on the flight. Only saw 1 Navy family. The fleet was outnumbered 50 to 1.

It was the same around town today. Loads of ND tops/hats but only the occasional Navy ones. Most people had shopping bags so they're spending money anyway...!!!! Maybe we'll get out this recession if we put on more games like this.

Really hope they're selling jerseys on Saturday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Gary The Gamer

I'm probably going to head along to Donnybrook tomorrow. Little bit pricey for a high school game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Raoul

I'm probably going to head along to Donnybrook tomorrow. Little bit pricey for a high school game.

15 euro is it?

Get the high school game and a college game after. It's not bad tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

€15 is great value for 2 games!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭teddybear178

It was the same around town today. Loads of ND tops/hats but only the occasional Navy ones. Most people had shopping bags so they're spending money anyway...!!!! Maybe we'll get out this recession if we put on more games like this.

Yes, but it's only Notre Dame and Boston College that really have the Irish ties. :eek:

I wonder how the bookmakers are going to do on foot traffic this weekend as Americans cannot gamble online? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Few things

1) Defo drink on sale in the Aviva on game day. friend working there confirmed it

2) Went to the 'Official Emerald Isle Classic Store' on Grafton street. Loads of ND stuff, game centric stuff and a bit of Navy stuff. all made by the same crowd that produces for Carrolls guft Stores. Shop was packed though and stuff flying off the shelves. I was disappointed no 'official' merchandise on sale from either college. Hopefully there will be at tailgate or game. Doubt it

3) Loved seeing the town packed with people in their ND and Navy gear earlier. Really can't wait for Saturday now

Few things

1) Defo drink on sale in the Aviva on game day. friend working there confirmed it

2) Went to the 'Official Emerald Isle Classic Store' on Grafton street. Loads of ND stuff, game centric stuff and a bit of Navy stuff. all made by the same crowd that produces for Carrolls guft Stores. Shop was packed though and stuff flying off the shelves. I was disappointed no 'official' merchandise on sale from either college. Hopefully there will be at tailgate or game. Doubt it

3) Loved seeing the town packed with people in their ND and Navy gear earlier. Really can't wait for Saturday now

Can you ask your mate is it soccer rules or rugby rules with the beer, i.e. can we take it to our seats or not?

Great atmosphere about town today alright with all the fans in the gear. I was out around St. Stephen's Green/Grafton Street around lunchtime and it was great to see.

Pity the high school parade meant I stuck in traffic so it took forever to get home, but a small sacrifice for what should be a great weekend!

Anyone go to that parade this evening? Just wondering what it was like and were there many at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Guys if anybody can't go or has tickets to sell I would really appreciate anyone willing to sell me 2 tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Few things

Beats the clowns wearing premiership jersies in town anyway.

Drink will probably follow rugby rules saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

SHOVELLER wrote: »

Beats the clowns wearing premiership jersies in town anyway.
    What an irrelevant, idiotic comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

It has probably been mentioned already but this game is being shown on ESPN America (Channel 426) on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I'm of the opposite opinion, think it's excellent value. About the same price per game as the shamrock bowl.

Got a confirmation that I've been accepted on a tour of the USS Fort Minor too. Shipping up to be an epic weekend.

All I need now is for Sky to announce coverage of the NFL season and that's everything NFL sorted for the year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Anyone go to that parade this evening? Just wondering what it was like and were there many at it?

I was waiting for a bus in Dawson St. when it passed by.. There were mainly a lot of people waiting on delayed buses.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Town today....

25904734.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I've went to a few high school games in the US and they tend to be five dollars a pop. When you take into account they have to rent the grounds over here 15 euro for the package is a very fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Smurf1971

Would be good to see official merchandise on sale outside the ground.

Looking forward to the tailgate parties pre & post game!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭darklighter

I think its good value as well.

Was planning on heading meself but have a championship 1/4 final tomorrow night which will be 15euro into for a double header as well.

15 bucks is about right. Are the games in Parnell & Navan the same price into I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭davetherave

15 bucks is about right. Are the games in Parnell & Navan the same price into I wonder?

All three double headers are the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Can you ask your mate is it soccer rules or rugby rules with the beer, i.e. can we take it to our seats or not?

Good man Jack, asking the vital questions. Was going to ask the exact same one myself! TBH, I think we'll be ok. It's mostly american tourists at the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

It has probably been mentioned already but this game is being shown on ESPN America (Channel 426) on Sky.

It's on ESPN America HD on UPC :) Is it the only channel upc have in hd that sky don't?

Can't wait for this now. Anyone know if there are any events in the pubs in town tomorrow night (friday) for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

lafors wrote: »
    It's on ESPN America HD on UPC :) Is it the only channel upc have in hd that sky don't?

Can't wait for this now. Anyone know if there are any events in the pubs in town tomorrow night (friday) for this?

ESPN America HD is on Sky too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

will there be merchandise at the stadium on saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi folks,

Anyone help me out on worst day ever?

Was pick pocketed this evening in town, on pay day, after withdrawing €700 in cash from the ATM, and yes, you guessed it, my tickets were in my wallet, as well as my work ID pass and yearly bus eireann and Dart ticket....so all in a very expensive and super-sh!t day! :(

Just looking for one ticket for myself - the OH (who the other ticket was for) is not that bothered.

Mods, apologies in advance if you're not allowed ask this type of question....genuine mistake. Bit tired and emotional after my "fantastic" day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Here's one of the photos I got at the Notre Dame practice earlier

IMG_0983-300x191.jpg

should have more up later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 liamh22

Find myself unable to go & have 2 tkts available for section 525

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I've only followed the NFL but I'm going to Donnybrook tomorrow and the big one on saturday, are the rules any different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Conchir

liamh22 wrote: »
    PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

matthew8 wrote: »
    I've only followed the NFL but I'm going to Donnybrook tomorrow and the big one on saturday, are the rules any different?

Obvious big one is overtime is different - not sudden death like NFL, one team gets the ball on teh 25 and tries to score, then other team gets their chance and rinse and repeat until their's a winner.

You only have to get 1 foot inbound on a side line catch. (spotting this live with no instant replays might be fun though in the ones on Friday night ;) )

No 2 minute warning.

The referees do more reviewing of plays compared to the NFL - think they can just review any play they want even without a challenge or something (not 100% on that rule but something like that)

Clock stops after a first down until the ball is respotted.

Pass interference is a 15 yard penalty rather than moving to the spot of the foul.

Hash marks on the field are a lot wider as well.

Fairly similar otherwise but I'm probably missed a couple others but nothing that will really confuse you I don't think.

Oh yeah nearly forgot about a really obvious one - in the NFL you have to be tackled to be down - in college ball once your down your down regardless of being tackled or not. So if you slip and fall it's play over whereas in the NFL you can get up and keep running until your tackled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

liamh22 wrote: »

Am I too late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Obvious big one is overtime is different - not sudden death like NFL, one team gets the ball on teh 25 and tries to score, then other team gets their chance and rinse and repeat until their's a winner.

You only have to get 1 foot inbound on a side line catch. (spotting this live with no instant replays might be fun though in the ones on Friday night ;) )

No 2 minute warning.

The referees do more reviewing of plays compared to the NFL - think they can just review any play they want even without a challenge or something (not 100% on that rule but something like that)

Clock stops after a first down until the ball is respotted.

Pass interference is a 15 yard penalty rather than moving to the spot of the foul.

Fairly similar otherwise but I'm probably missed a couple others but nothing that will really confuse you I don't think.

Few more

Hash marks are different, and not in line with posts in college and high school

No touch from opposing team needed for College players once you are down you are down.

College players can force someone out of bounds to void a catch;

Clock starts differently after kicks in college and NFL

High School is similar to the College Rules

Clocks: 15min QTR in NFL and College, 12min in High School

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There are still tickets on tickets.ie for the game in Donnybrook. Will you be able to pay at the gate tomorrow or at a ticket booth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Lads any idea of the distance between bewleys new lands cross to the aviva and approx cost of taxi ? Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

Would love 2 tickets if anyone has available. Im a genuine fan, was meant to be away, but find myself in Dublin for the weekend now.

PM if you have available

decies wrote: »
    Lads any idea of the distance between bewleys new lands cross to the aviva and approx cost of taxi ? Thanks .

That's a fair old trek. Would it not be better walking up to the Luas and heading in from there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement