Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

daheff wrote: »
    Any half well run promotion has limits of stock & won't let people apply after the limits been reached. Gillette has cocked up big time on this. Think I'll switch to Wilkinson (or another brand) as soon as my blades are used up

As an aside- anybody else notice blades don't seem to last as long anymore??or am I now growing tougher stubble?

Considering that they would have known within a few days that they had overshot, they could have emailed us within a week or two and said "sorry, demand has exceeded supply,we will email you the next time we run a promotion".

Rather than dragging it out, promising razors "in due cause" whatever that means, or telling you sh1te off, but only if you emailed them. I still have zero mails one way or the other from them.

Real amateur stuff. Reflects very badly on the brand. No coherent response, mixed messages or none at all. "Transitional stages" as the buck was passed around.

Seems to me they have very little to lose by sending out a product that will lead to future sales of expensive blades, and they have a stock of email and postal addresses of receptive customers. It's a loss leader, if only some of the recipients move to fusion proglide then the cost of the whole promotion would be covered pretty quickly. It's not like it's a one off item without follow up profits to be made.

Certainly wouldn't be too enthusiastic about their blades by post service after this.

Yeah, I know I'm getting very excited about a cheap piece of plastic, but you have to wonder how they can get anything right if they got this so wrong?

Ah well, almost 6 months of entertainment. Surely a bargain alerts classic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

daheff wrote: »
    Any half well run promotion has limits of stock & won't let people apply after the limits been reached. Gillette has cocked up big time on this. Think I'll switch to Wilkinson (or another brand) as soon as my blades are used up

As an aside- anybody else notice blades don't seem to last as long anymore??or am I now growing tougher stubble?

got two emails today within six minutes of each other

Hi and thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to change the service where the Gillette razor promo is handled. The new service is currently in a transition situation and working their way through outstanding applications and requests. This is taking more time than expected, resulting in the promised product is taking longer than set out in our original T&Cs.

We want to reassure you that you will receive your razor in due cause.

For further information please call 0845 456 0142 or if you prefer email pgpromotions@sykes.com

Good morning,

As previously stated there is no more stock on these so we will be unable to send one out to you.

I am sorry you feel this way about the promotion but we can not fulfil it on this occasion.

There will be future promotions if you wish to apply.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the P&G Promotional customer care team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I switched to a DE Blade 18 months ago an haven't looked back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

got two emails today within six minutes of each other

Hi and thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to change the service where the Gillette razor promo is handled. The new service is currently in a transition situation and working their way through outstanding applications and requests. This is taking more time than expected, resulting in the promised product is taking longer than set out in our original T&Cs.

We want to reassure you that you will receive your razor in due cause.

For further information please call 0845 456 0142 or if you prefer email pgpromotions@sykes.com

Good morning,

As previously stated there is no more stock on these so we will be unable to send one out to you.

I am sorry you feel this way about the promotion but we can not fulfil it on this occasion.

There will be future promotions if you wish to apply.

Kind regards,

Uh huh....now.

Trying to confuse paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I switched to Tesco own brand triple blade razors excellent have to say won't bother going back to the like's of Gillette or Wilkinson sword

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Lidl disposables for the win. Pack of 24 cost me .99c a while back - they last for about 5 or 6 shaves before they start getting rough :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My emails won't deliver I keep getting failure notifications! What are all the address people are usen?

Latest response

Good morning,

We have received your details and it is currently being investigated for you.

Kind regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i got no failure and no reply
    just plain rude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Seve OB wrote: »
    i got no failure and no reply
    just plain rude

I'll be a writing a complaint.
    Ireland
    To submit a comment or complaint, please contact Procter & Gamble at:
    Procter & Gamble
    PO box 596 Dublin 14
    Email
    Please be sure to provide us with the following information.
    This information will only be used to complete your request.
    Your name
    Your e-mail address
    The P&G brands whose programs you registered for
    Your request or question — tell us what you'd like us to do.

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »

Steady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'll be a writing a complaint.
    Ireland
    To submit a comment or complaint, please contact Procter & Gamble at:
    Procter & Gamble
    PO box 596 Dublin 14
    Email
    Please be sure to provide us with the following information.
    This information will only be used to complete your request.
    Your name
    Your e-mail address
    The P&G brands whose programs you registered for

I don't recall if there was any mention on the sign-up form about the freebie not applying to Ireland (I couldn't remember if this was a BT11AA thing). Obviously the form isn't live any longer but you can get an image-less version on archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140925152016/http://www.firstreal.co.uk/

They have Ireland listed clearly under the options, so anyone who signed up from Ireland should have received it.

So yeah I'd say you're perfectly warranted to send a complaint to P&G in Ireland as this is a breach of their terms and conditions.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I don't recall if there was any mention on the sign-up form about the freebie not applying to Ireland (I couldn't remember if this was a BT11AA thing). Obviously the form isn't live any longer but you can get an image-less version on archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140925152016/http://www.firstreal.co.uk/

They have Ireland listed clearly under the options, so anyone who signed up from Ireland should have received it.

So yeah I'd say you're perfectly warranted to send a complaint to P&G in Ireland as this is a breach of their terms and conditions.

my email query
    I wish to lodge a complaint about the Free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor promotion which was run on the website http://www.firstreal.co.uk/. I still haven't received my razor a number of months later and i am extremely unhappy about the fact this seems to be a exercise in data mining to get my info. This is a breach of data protection law.

I wish to have all my data removed from your databases and i am completing a complaint to the data protection commissioner as this is clearly a breach of the data protection law as you are keeping data unlawfully.

This is the relevant section of the act which i believed you have breached,

Specifying the Purpose

You may not keep information about people unless it is held for a specific, lawful and clearly stated purpose. It is therefore unlawful to collect information about people routinely and indiscriminately, without having a sound, clear and legitimate purpose for so doing.

"the data shall have been obtained only for one or more specified explicit and legitimate purposes"
    - section 2(1)(c)(i) of the Act

The purpose was to send out a free razor but as i haven't received my razor i believe you are keeping my data without a specific purpose.

I await your reply on this matter.

Regards

just got a reply after i resent this morning

Thank you for contacting P & G Promotions.

Unfortunately the promotion for the free razor has ended and we have no more stock. Apologies, but you will not be receiving a razor..

Please keep an eye out for future P & G promotions.

Best regards,

P & G Promotions

i sent back a stinker... we'll see!!

my email query

Everyone should send this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Were we conned?

First Thousand applicatants? Thought I saw somewhere that they had 150,000 to give out..

https://www.facebook.com/notes/gilletteuk/gillette-first-real-razor-giveaway/623741617682344

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Everyone should send this!!

I sent exactly that letter to them.
    Just received this back.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your interest in P&G products. I would like to ensure you that all data collected was indeed for the purpose of the free razor promotion and is only being used for this specific purpose.

I would like to draw your attention to the following from the terms and conditions of the promotion:
    “The closing date for receipt of all entries shall be midnight on 31st of January 2015 or until 150,000 official registrations have been made, whichever is the earlier.”

As such both of these conditions have now been matched and all that have qualified for the promotion will have received their razor.

I would like to confirm that all data gathered is used in accordance with data protection laws and Proctor and Gamble takes this seriously.

I hope that this answers your questions regarding this promotion and that you will consider applying for future promotions.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the P&G Promotional Customer Care team.

Dishonest at the very least that they would keep harvesting details after the 1000. And then telling people they would get razors in "due cause"? Not to be trusted. Or completely incompetent.

Edit 1000? 150000? December? January? September? Who knows? Spoofers...

I asked for the contact details of the manager/supervisor and the information of the person replying to my emails as I wanted to make a complaint against them and they refused to give me the information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Well done to all who complained. It's obvious from their responses that Procter & Gamble UK and Ireland is an arrogant gang of hucksters.

The best course of action now is simply to boycott their overpriced, overrated Gillette shaving products and urge family and friends to do the same. Every little hurts!

Lissavane wrote: »
    Well done to all who complained. It's obvious from their responses that Procter & Gamble UK and Ireland is an arrogant gang of hucksters.

The best course of action now is simply to boycott their overpriced, overrated Gillette shaving products and urge family and friends to do the same. Every little hurts!

I got a reply for the robot Joanne.

If I don't get a serious reply I'll be going to the data protection commissioner

i got a second reply basically telling me to FO

Seve OB wrote: »
    i got a second reply basically telling me to FO

What did you send?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Lissavane wrote: »

I've not used their overpriced overrated sh1te for about 2 years now.
    DE Shaving and proper soaps/creams is the way to go. I will be urging family to do the same.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I've not used their overpriced overrated sh1te for about 2 years now.
    DE Shaving and proper soaps/creams is the way to go. I will be urging family to do the same.

They are seriously overrated.Not much better than a cheap supermarket brand imo.

Anything that's heavily marketed I've learned to be wary of,it's generally a rip off.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    They are seriously overrated.Not much better than a cheap supermarket brand imo.

Anything that's heavily marketed I've learned to be wary of,it's generally a rip off.

I couldn't give a **** it either way but i just wanna piss them off . if your going to run a promotion at least do it properly and don't collect people data and then don't send them anything. Perhaps they might learn their lesson and do things properly next time.

What did you send?

just the same kinda stuff as everyone else, where is my razor was the jist of it and data mining etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Just got this e-mail from them;

Your opinion matters to us...

Hi,

I’m Justine Howarth and I am Head of Consumer Care at P&G. You recently got in touch with us regarding Gillette and I would really like to hear what you thought of the service you received from my team when you contacted us.

Your feedback will help me understand what we are doing well, and importantly what we can do better. I am here to make sure you get a prompt, quality service, so good or bad your opinion counts.

Please can I ask you to spare a few minutes to fill out the survey in the link below?

Click here to begin the survey

Thank you!

I got the same email with survey....Im not ashamed to say that I enjoyed leaving honest feedback.
    Doubt these are ever read anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I've followed the thread and decided to email the chief executive of P&G
    a Mr. Alan Lafley. (decided to go to the top;))
    I wasn't expecting a reply but today I got a reply today from P&G:

"Hi CH3OH,

Thank you for your email to our CEO, Mr Lafley. He has noted your comments and asked me to respond on his behalf.

I am very sorry to learn that you have yet to receive our promotional Fusion ProGlide razor, and apologise for the disheartenment this has caused.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a delay in fulfilling applications for this promotion. This is due to the overwhelming interest in the free razor; which was five times the amount we had anticipated.

It is a disappointment to us to hear that our consumers, like yourself, have been affected by this.

I can, however, assure you that our fulfilment department are currently in the process of posting the outstanding orders to those who are still waiting.

We can certainly check the status of your order for you, and this is something I would be happy to investigate for you. In order for me to do this, I would need a note of your full address details, so please could you reply to this email.

I look forward to hearing from you again soon.
    Kind regards,

I'll update if i get one!!

• Advertisement

But it's all spoof? If they had limits set (be it 1k or 150k, depending on the source of the spoof), then how can the number of people entitled to razors have exceeded the number of razors by 5, never mind 5x?

Now, maybe this is just common sense and it's a mistake to apply that to marketing types but:

1) Decide how many razors will be sent out.
    2) Set up website to collect applications
    3) While number of razors left > 0 : keep taking applications
    4) Close website, promotion over.

They are actually just pathological liars going on the various communications

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

As the idea in the promotion was to get your contact details i.e. data for future mailings I wonder if there is something here for the Data Protection Commissioner re the harvesting of data in a fraudulent manner?

Dear P&G,
    We here at the office of data protection were oh so disappointed to hear you promised loads of razors in exchange for email addresses and other details but only sent on a few. Please would you be so kind as to be a bit nicer in future or we will eventually be forced to issue a nominal slap on the wrist which may result in your marketing department having to miss one round of drinks at the next party.

Yours reluctantly,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

CH3OH wrote: »

"Hi CH3OH,

Thank you for your email to our CEO, Mr Lafley. He has noted your comments and asked me to respond on his behalf.

I am very sorry to learn that you have yet to receive our promotional Fusion ProGlide razor, and apologise for the disheartenment this has caused.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a delay in fulfilling applications for this promotion. This is due to the overwhelming interest in the free razor; which was five times the amount we had anticipated.

It is a disappointment to us to hear that our consumers, like yourself, have been affected by this.

I can, however, assure you that our fulfilment department are currently in the process of posting the outstanding orders to those who are still waiting.

We can certainly check the status of your order for you, and this is something I would be happy to investigate for you. In order for me to do this, I would need a note of your full address details, so please could you reply to this email.

Kind regards,

Give us her email address :)
    Let's make her day!

CH3OH wrote: »

"Hi CH3OH,

Kind regards,

well done

care to share the email address?

I found this through google lafley.ag@pg.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

TheTorment wrote: »
    I found this through google lafley.ag@pg.com

'Free razor, yo?' Email sent.

Maybe it does pay to go to the top!!

Just received this

Good afternoon,

We have had a request from customer relations to send out a ProGlide razor to you. Please could your send us your full postal address for us to fulfil this for you.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the P&G promotional team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,392 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have now gone off Gillette products. Miserable sods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Apparently my razor has been delivered (to my folks in N Ireland).....seems the complaint worked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

On it's way

Hi CH3OH,
    Thank you for your patience whilst I looked into your query.
    I am pleased to confirm that our fulfilment department do have your order in their database, and your promotional item is on its way to you in the post.
    You can expect your new Fusion ProGlide razor to arrive within the following few days. I do hope you will enjoy using this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again in future, should you have any product queries or concerns.
    Kind regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

All successful replies are coming from lafley.ag@pg.com right?

mrcheez wrote: »
    All successful replies are coming from lafley.ag@pg.com right?

I emailed that and no reply yet

I emailed that and no reply yet

Me too. I didn't ask for a razor though. I offered to consult on logistics re future promotions. No reply yet...

Sorry endacl, I may have blown your chances of a consultancy fee by giving the following rather elementary advice for free.
    But it's all spoof? If they had limits set (be it 1k or 150k, depending on the source of the spoof), then how can the number of people entitled to razors have exceeded the number of razors by 5, never mind 5x?

Now, maybe this is just common sense and it's a mistake to apply that to marketing types but:

1) Decide how many razors will be sent out.
    2) Set up website to collect applications
    3) While number of razors left > 0 : keep taking applications
    4) Close website, promotion over.

They are actually just pathological liars going on the various communications

TBH I'd say they are still struggling to memorise these steps in the correct order. Or sitting around holding their heads "brain hurt bad, no likey common sense"

Judging by the fact they said they changed marketing companies in the middle of this and that's what lead to the delay apparently.

I'd say the first marketing company dropped the ball in regards to closing the offer.

Judging by the costs of the blades I'd imagine a free razor was always going to be a hit.

Judging by the costs of the blades I'd imagine a free razor was always going to be a hit.

It's a lump of feckin plastic! And how much do you think the blades actually cost Gillette to produce?!?

http://www.alternet.org/story/148869/the_shaving_racket_--_how_are_gillette_and_schick_getting_away_with_ripoff_razors

It's nearly 6 months on now irishgeo.
    Unless the first set of marketing "professionals" rode off into the sunset with all of the personal info, then where are our razors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Triboro

Sent e-mail to the link above two days ago, got reply today looking for confirmation of my name and address to which razor will be sent within two weeks.. I wonder!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Email sent too.
    Will update if I get any reply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement