Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just don't get it (Rant rant rant) *FASTLANE SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Why not put him with taker

See this is something that, to me, makes more sence than Bray vs 'Taker!

You have Bryan feel like he has to show everyone that he is the uncrowned champion and the best in the company, so to get everyone's attention to this, have him go up against 'Taker at 'Mania, since only your current WWE Champion has beaten him. Puts Bryan in a main event match up, is someone who could work really well with 'Taker and is a logic continuation of his story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Palo Alto wrote: »
    OP had a tinge of this about it!

http://youtu.be/BvTNyKIGXiI

Of course I agree with most of it, but I love wrestling for the screw ups too.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love WrestleCrap and the stupidity of the sport at times...but when your company is openly insulting it's fan base by ignoring them there's only so much you can take.

And yes, it is indeed still real to me damnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

DM_7 wrote: »
    Thinking about this a little more and 5 weeks is plenty to give Bryan a meaningful Mania match.

If his course was outlined a few weeks ago we would have ended up with a match at fast lane (that would have suffered a lot of the annoying booking the fast lane matches had) and a rematch at Mania.

Outside of that there he should not be in the main event this year (imo). Mainly because he missed a good chunk of the least year injured, an injury that medium and long term his future ability to continue to compete is less than clear. In that context it would be mad to put him in the main event again and not use Brock as a chance to build someone else up by association or beating him.

For most of the year Bryan missed WWE struggled to put together main events for their specials/ppv's that would grab attention. No Punk, No Bryan, No Batista, Brock part time meant they were in the main, left with Cena or former Shield Members leading their events.

I can see why Reigns was selected to be the one out of the three who got the big Vince Push since its Brock he is facing. I still think that this year it should be Rollins.

But who have they got for him to face that the fans won't see as demotion

Sheamus- We've seen it fifty million times, plus they be using Bryan to put him over. No Thanks.

Ziggler- The guy is a jobber. It had potential if they actually pushed him after the SS victory.

Big Show- Christ no

Kane- Same as Big Show

Thrown him in the Battle Royale would be a clear sign what they think of him. A Six man tag would be the same.

I'd take Ziggler over Sheamus but no way is this getting any kind of build or more then 10 minutes at WM 31. Crazy to think their most over superstar is in such a nothing match.

Why not put him with taker

Would have a big match feel, Bryan would get a great match out of Taker. The crowd would eat it up.

But alas it's Wyatt who's getting him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Looper007 wrote: »
    But who have they got for him to face that the fans won't see as demotion

He was demoted from last year. He was injured for so long they had to plan without him.

If they want to use it, 5 weeks is -plenty of time to do something good with him. I don't know what they intend to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Oh don't get me wrong, I love WrestleCrap and the stupidity of the sport at times...but when your company is openly insulting it's fan base by ignoring them there's only so much you can take.

And yes, it is indeed still real to me damnit!

Exactly the spirit I meant it in, I think there are some silver linings, Rollins and J & J are absolute great tv, and, no that's all I've got.

DM_7 wrote: »
    He was demoted from last year. He was injured for so long they had to plan without him.

If they want to use it, 5 weeks is -plenty of time to do something good with him. I don't know what they intend to do.

They knew he was coming back months ago, come on WWE book this from week to week. It be a filler feud, throw him on the card so the fans won't crap on their main events. I'm surprised people actually think they will do something good after the way they've treated him since coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

In all honesty to me last night was definitely a B PPV. I would love to see a rollins vs byran vs orton triple threat somewhere on the card. This matchup could 'protect' rollins for a possible cash in and allow byran to shine. I would love to have seen taker vs wyatt with a longer build up even if this was via satellite on the part of taker. One of the plus points for me from last night was indeed bray wyatt coming out in the coffin although I did figure out it was him before the coffin opened.

This is the same Reigns that was injured with an injury likely to reoccur if he over exerts himself with strength training...

Double standards par excellence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the heart of the problem is that Vince wears rose-tinted glasses when it comes to certain wrestlers, Show & Kane being the most obvious right now.
    lets say you have a Ziggler Vs Kane match, and the ratings drop in that quarter, Vince will look at that in isolation and say "Ziggler isn't a draw" and is accordingly booked weaker/given less air time.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    They knew he was coming back months ago, come on WWE book this from week to week. It be a filler feud, throw him on the card so the fans won't crap on their main events. I'm surprised people actually think they will do something good after the way they've treated him since coming back.

Did not know that

Palo Alto wrote: »
    This is the same Reigns that was injured with an injury likely to reoccur if he over exerts himself with strength training...

Double standards par excellence.

A hernia that could be fixed up, including the insertion of a mesh to stop it getting messed up again is not really comparable to a neck injury that meant a loss of power in an arm. The Bryan one is much scarier long term I would think.

Not at all. If Bryan has regained full power in the arm and there are no osteophytes impinging on the nerve then he's probably in better nick than Reigns.

I'm no expert but am a medical student, I appreciate a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Bit of a weird PPV. I fast forwarded the Uso match as well as Goldust v Stardust.

I thought the Cena v Rusev match was quite good and I figured Cena was going to lose somehow so they could set up a match for Mania.

I came out of the main event liking Reigns a lot more but thinking the match with Lesnar will be a train wreck without someone like Bryan or HHH in there to direct traffic. It might be ok if Lesnar destroys him but I'm betting that won't happen and that Reigns will go over.

As for Daniel Bryan, it really seems like they don't give two f***s about him. Or maybe its because he keeps saying that taboo word... "wrestle". He's one of the most popular guys and has nothing to do for Mania now. I guess they can book him to be the first person eliminated in the Andre The Giant Battle Royale :). That way, they can teach us a lesson that we should shut up, and like who they tell us to like.

Just wondering how long it will be to Vince changes the name from Wrestlemania to Sports EntertainmentMania :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Forced. The Roman Reigns superpush has been forced and too quick. At the end of the day fans are not going to accept any old crap just because Vince decides they should. Maybe if Reigns had not been injured he would have had a memorable mid-card feud or two and be deemed more worthy of the WM main event by fans, but the brakes should have been applied once he got injured. Instead they ploughed on with the original plan, when Reigns isn't ready for it, and the fans aren't ready to accept him as a superstar.

I've no interest in Wyatt - Taker either. A Taker match at WM should have a big-time feel.. this feels like a midcard attraction tbh. Why would Taker come back to face Wyatt? It makes no sense, surely he should be seething over losing to Lesnar last year and be out to avenge that defeat? The only other opponents that would have worked are Sting (Icon v Icon, 10 minute match, all their big moves, nothing fancy, job done) or Cena (win or retire as outlined by MNG earlier).

HHH v Sting - Why? HHH always seems to get first crack at these returning legends types. It may be a good attraction on the big night, but who has it helped come May/June? No one. And the build so far has been rubbish.

Cena - Rusev makes sense in fairness. Undefeated monster versus your cartoon superhero. The main problem here will be that Rusev ends up looking like a chump in the end and slides down the card.

My WM card, FWIW:

Lesnar v Bryan
    Taker v Sting
    Ambrose v Rollins v Reigns
    HHH v Ziggler
    Cena v Rusev

In a more general rant - Is it really that hard to build a mid-carder up slowly, over time? Give them layered personas, not one-dimensional characters. Push who the crowd wants to see. Back in the day, Lesnar and Goldberg rocketed up the card because the crowd ate up their stuff, and it felt natural seeing them in the title picture.

While I'm at it, other things that annoy me:
    - "WWE Universe" and other such ridiculous notions that feel so forced and unnatural.
    - Titles, Belts - why this refusal to use these words.. childish, irrelevant, arrogant.
    - Undercard matches being so rubbish - why not just leave the guys in the ring put on the best match they can?
    - WWE Superstars, Sports entertainment - It's WRESTLERS WRESTLING Vince.
    - Announcers talking about anything and everything except the match happening right in front of them.

I remember reading once that Vince loves everything about the wrestling business except the wrestling itself. More than a grain of truth in that I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,060 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It still astounds we that Reigns is going to be THE guy without having one meaningful one-on-one feud.

has that ever happened before with a wrestler?

The one just gone with Bryan is as close as it's gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

It annoys me that cody Rhodes or stardust whatever you wanna call him is either going to be on the preshow or not at all. They stupidly gave the Goldust match away so people are less interested in it now, was brilliantly rescued by Cody in the segment after the match but he is still going to be lucky to get On the show.

Think of the likely card and who misses out.
    Lesnar vs Reigns
    Cena vs Rusev
    Sting vs Hhh
    Rollins vs Orton
    Wyatt vs Undertaker

That leaves the possibility of the Andre the Giant memorial (don't know if it's every year), Miz vs Mizdow, a tag title match, Ambrose Show Kane Bryan and Ziggler needing matches if not in the Memorial. The intercontinental title isn't going to be given a match I guess. Then the divas need some airtime. Then it's Goldust vs Stardust, it's a shame.
    They have to many good wrestlers and too many weak half assed angles that are leading nowhere and a good feud is going to be left out to dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

SlickRic wrote: »
    It still astounds we that Reigns is going to be THE guy without having one meaningful one-on-one feud.

has that ever happened before with a wrestler?

The one just gone with Bryan is as close as it's gotten.

The win over Orton at Summerslam was supposed to be his big breakout singles win. Remember the commentators afterwards going on and on about how now he had proven himself and stuff?

He didn't get much mileage out of it though because I think his injury happened shortly afterwards.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Stardust cut the best promo of the year last night and Cody is the most under-rewarded wrestler this side of Tyson Kidd. The man is a wrestling GOD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Poor Reigns. That match showed he is not ready to main event a ppv much less WM.

I could go into a long post here but I'd only be repeating the posts of other guys at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    They have to many good wrestlers and too many weak half assed angles that are leading nowhere and a good feud is going to be left out to dry.

That's because Vince treats the fans with such contempt that he thinks they'll completely forget a feud exists if it isn't mentioned every single week on RAW, which leads to them havinging to squeeze in 6 or 7 squash matches (most of which result in some kind or interference or screwy finish) and no angles are given the proper air time to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

I think there will be a Reigns-Bryan-Lesnar three way dance at WM. Somehow. The people want Bryan to be in the main event and Reigns in fairness has to follow through and go to the main event also especially because he was given the honour of a Rumble win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

sky88 wrote: »
    The thing i really dont get its not like bryan is over with mostly with the diehards, hes over with kids and the diehard fans. it just makes no sense for him not to have a program going or any sign of it.

People need to remember that he couldn't start a feud before Fast Lane because it would have given away that he wasn't beating Reigns.

His program for WrestleMania will start tonight and with three hour Raw's it will get enough time.

I admit it probably won't be presented as one of the main events; especially if Ziggler doesn't turn heel (Ziggler joining Rollins, etc last night would have made sense if he's to face Bryan).

Sheamus returning and attacking Bryan would make more sense storyline-wise although I'd prefer to see Ziggler face Bryan; but I guess we'll find out for sure tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭briany

If people don't want Reigns in the main event, who do they want (realistically)? Bryan? I don't know if any of ye have noticed, but Bryan has deflated massively since his return. The Yes chants are petering out, he's becoming vaguely unlikable with his 'Yeah, well, I was never beaten for the title' smirky attitude. Bryan isn't going to save Wrestlemania. He isn't even going to save the mid-card at the rate he's going. Putting him in there would seem like a move to satisfy the IWC, but they're increasingly moving towards Brock, and who could blame them? He's the only compelling one.

And for the last time, people need to stop saying Vince should retire. I suppose he should, but he won't stop until he's physically stopped. He can't stop of his own volition. His business is who he is and those close to him have consistently said he's one of the hardest working people they've ever known. Pretty much 24/7/365. It's easy for us to say he should let go of the reins, but none of us have built that kind of empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I don't think that we're going to see anything changed in the world title match between now and then. I would LOVE if Brock Lesnar won but I am not getting my hopes up for that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Goldust Stardust match was awesome, so glad they finally got it on, sad thing is it is an afterthought and will be the same at Wrestlemania, bet HHH Sting gets more airtime.

Daniel Bryan is crocked in the eyes of Vince, he is too much of a risk to put the title on him or they are burying just to piss off the smarks, Vince has done it before with Hogan robbing Yokozuna and Bret at the same time, Vince is Vince only he knows what's best for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Whatever about reigns and cena being ahead of Bryan in the face pecking order, Orton being ahead of Bryan makes no sense. Should be Bryan v Rollins at wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,060 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bryan is petering out but it has everything to do with how he's presented.

The fans are simply giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

SlickRic wrote: »
    Bryan is petering out but it has everything to do with how he's presented.

The fans are simply giving up.

Nah don't you know it's Bryan's fault for not getting himself over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

What I dont understand about all the complaints in this thread is for years the IWC has complained and cried about new stars being made. Last year Daniel Bryan beat all of Evolution in 1 night and main evented WrestleMania. He doesn't need to be in the main event this year.

This year, we're getting a new top face in Roman Reigns in the main event and a relatively young top heel in Bray Wyatt getting this years Taker match. Oh and John Cena is facing a fresh, unbeaten majorly over heel in the midcard. This is what the IWC has wanted for years and now all of a sudden its WWE thats out of touch?

As much as ppl on here love DB, his body is breaking down and it was only a couple of years ago that Edge had to walk away after neck issues, so Id say WWE are right not to just have DB as the TOP guy.

Post WM I would think we'll have a line up of the top 5 faces being Reigns, Cena, Orton, Bryan and Ambrose and top 5 heels being Rollins, Wyatt, Sheamus, BNB and possibly a heel Ziggler. Theres months of fresh feuds in just those 10 guys alone. And lets not forget that Brock may not be done after WM.

Throw in Adrian Neville, Lucha Dragons, Finn Balor and Bull Dempsey joining the main roster and things arent that bad. I really think post Punk interview people are just gonna find ways to sh*t on everything WWE do and right now its because DB isnt main eventing.

Advertisement