Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daniel Bryan Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,500 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

An File wrote: »
    Hmmm. The Royal Rumble is in 2015! :eek:

:pac:

It be great if he came back and won the rumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It be great if he came back and won the rumble

The 'E finally give him his #30 spot.......in a 40-man Rumble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Someone met Metallica
    W4QfNJY.jpg
    NWmhBrg.jpg

I Disappear
    onuHKtI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    This be true just imagine the pop when his music hits on his eventual return

Surely they will have one of the ring announcers do the usual "Please welcome back" routine to completely kill it before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Or WWE could just carry on as normal, and have Daniel come back unexpected, similar to how The Rock just showed up when Raw was live in Brooklyn, New York on October 14th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Or WWE could just carry on as normal, and have Daniel come back unexpected, similar to how The Rock just showed up when Raw was live in Brooklyn, New York on October 14th.

or foley 2 weeks ago or ryback last week or barrett next monday night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Please god no. Please god.

Or he could do a Mark Henry and Slam Cena to the mat.

He's entering the 1996 Royal Rumble:
    B6DkZVpIIAAQ0GL.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

"I look forward to it."

No chance this is retirement or anything like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

rovert wrote: »

Oh ****.

If his health is at risk then clearly its the right move but i've missed him so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Imagine if it was retirement though. Bryan is a proud and pretty optimistic guy, I doubt he'll put up on his Twitter that it's bad news.

Hopefully it's an announcement to enter the rumble or that he's back for 'Mania at least.

If not its a truly sad day for wrestling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I can imagine him coming out looking set to retire only to swerve and say he's entering the Rumble.......We can hope

I can imagine him coming out looking set to retire only to swerve and say he's entering the Rumble.......We can hope

Hopefully while laying out John Cena with a busaiku knee.

Or Lesnar attacking him.

Cena beats Lesnar at the Royal Rumble for the title. Lesnar vs Bryan at Mania and Cena vs Reigns maybe? As Lesnar isn't seemingly re-signing with WWE.

B6Dw8z_IYAAJMYO.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I wouldn't be surprised if it was confirmation that he's out indefinitely but will be the GM. Not getting hopes up that he'll be back by Summerslam tbh. That injury sounds really dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The app just gave an alert saying he will address everyone tonight....I have a really bad feeling about this :(

The app just gave an alert saying he will address everyone tonight....I have a really bad feeling about this :(

We've heard nothing about his rehab for months and months and whether if he had surgery.

Maybe his rehab went great OR he is having serious surgery soon.

None of the news site have a clue. Wait and see I guess.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was kinda thinking about skipping Raw and watching it tonight but now with this news ill have to tune in

• Advertisement

Maybe he shaved the beard :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

What exactly is wrong with D Bryan ? Was it nerve or spinal damage ?

Alex Riley was too unconvincing about Bryan calling it a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The fact he says hes looking forward to telling everybody whats up makes me think it might not be to serious

The thread says possible spoilers.

People are "spoiling" what Cesaro did last night in the "The Cesaro thread *potential spoilers*" thread. What's the difference between a possible and potential spoilers thread?

I would never go out of my way to spoil a show.

Dem feels.

Moneymaker wrote: »

Dem feels.
    Don't feel good about this. A doctor magically cured his myriad of complex issues. Kurt Angle stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Great job proactively spoiler-tagging. Obviously it was explained via PM, but you don't need to spoiler tag now that I've changed the thread title to include "possible spoilers". The term "possible" and "potential" are obviously synonyms in this case :DIf you notice discrepancies between spoiled/non-spoiled thread titles and content, report the post, and one of the mods will fix it/them all asap.

• Advertisement

Thinks Metsfan is a spoofer to the extreme. Wake me up when he posts something that doesn't play into the pre-existing Wreddit consensus on something. But anyways for the sake of the thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2rfh2x/wwe_superstars_divided_on_who_should_win_the/

He's back back then:
    As we mentioned in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, Daniel Bryan is expected at the WWE Performance Center this week to work out and prepare for his in-ring return.
    While initially there were no plans for Bryan to wrestle until the Royal Rumble, that has changed as Bryan is now being listed for several house shows later this month.

Daniel Bryan has been added to the following Live Events:

Jan 16 - St.Louis, MO
    Jan 17 - Abilene, TX
    Jan 18 - San Antonio, TX

He is advertised to wrestle Kane in St. Louis, so he might also wrestle him the rest of the weekend.

Jan 30 - Lac Cruces, NM
    Jan 31 - Albuquerque, NM
    Feb 01 - Loveland, CO
    He is advertised to wrestle Luke Harper on the Loveland show, so he might wrestle him on the other two shows as well.

Feb 14 - Tampa, FL
    Feb 15 - Fort Myers, FL

Daniel Bryan returns to action next week on Smackdown announced during a commerical on NXT this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

FFS

Had me all excited for the pop he was gonna get. Now we get to see him beat Adam Rose on Smackdown first.

There was a graphic at the Smackdown tapings too:

jyizPwJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Smackdown Ratings must be bad if they're treating it like a house show now. :)

Or maybe this is just to promote its move to a new day. ("New day!")

• Advertisement

FFS

Had me all excited for the pop he was gonna get. Now we get to see him beat Adam Rose on Smackdown first.

I'm fine with it. WWE need to see and he needs to see if he can still go.

He's a draw now. He'll get a monster pop regardless.

This is really worth a read. His miraculous recovery and possible in ring style change:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2329192-daniel-bryan-exclusive-on-his-injury-style-change-and-return-to-wwe-smackdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Brie and I don't have automatic locks. We actually have to turn the key in the car to open it. And I was so weak I couldn't even unlock the car door.

Jesus H Christ!! :eek:

Is it Vince himself or HHH who is down on and against Bryan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it Vince himself or HHH who is down on and against Bryan?

I think Vince for sure, not to have Bryan in a top 5 match at WM is bad business. But the way he's been treated since his return has been pretty awful. I think its been done to cool his overness. They will use the neck injury crap to justify not given him a big match.

I think neither man want him as a main eventer but gladly have him in the mid card putting over heels strong for their chosen ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I disagree, I think Triple H is a big fan of his (see the article on bleacher report last week about their match last year) Sure he wouldn't put him over if he didn't like him?

I think it might be a case where, he had his moment last year and because he missed a majority of the year with injury they give the spot to the guys that haven't missed anything near as much travel/TV time. Unfair but I'm sure he'll be back in the picture in no time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ah yeah, sure Dean Ambrose was just being put with Wyatt as a stopgap before going back to the Rollins feud.

*BUMP*

From the Observer newsletter released before this morning's podcast:
    We were told that Bryan was injured on 3/31 in his match with Sheamus at the Smackdown tapings in Fresno. Bryan was banged up and also bloodied up, and there was criticism of Sheamus in the match. PW Insider reported the injury taking place on 4/9 in Dublin, although that may have aggravated problems since the vague injury, the term “banged up” being used, was the term we were told after the Sheamus match and when the tour started. The scheduled Bryan vs. Barrett matches were turned into trios matches from the start of the European tour and he was in the ring very little in those matches.

There were reports from talent that he suffered a concussion, which the company denied, although nothing has been said about what his injuries were or how long he’ll be out of action. The belief is that it will be a few more weeks. One company source gave the time frame as five weeks, but officially the company had not stated anything regarding even whether he would be wrestling on Sunday or not.

One person who knew basically intimated that is was being kept a closely guarded secret and that banged up would be a nice, accurate but purposely vague way to put it.

Then on the podcast Dave said he does not believe that Bryan's making the PPV and said that the situation really does not sound good at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus, you think of how they rushed him back for the Rumble to do nothing at Mania, and now this :( Really hasn't been a good return for him at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This really feels ominously close to a retirement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know it's cool for some fans(not all) to **** all over every decision wwe makes in regards to talent, but maybe thy were right with Bryan all along.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know it's cool for some fans(not all) to **** all over every decision wwe makes in regards to talent, but maybe thy were right with Bryan all along.
    No, injuries that he got don't justify crapping all over Bryan they way they did.

Will the IC title be taken off him if he cant defend "30 days rule" which didn't apply to Lesnar :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Itssoeasy wrote:

He was not booked well since his return but the decision to keep him out of the main event title scene is looking increasingly vindicated by recent developments. Can you imagine if he had won the title over Brock at Wrestlemania and this stuff started going down? It would have been a disaster for not only the title, but also Lesnar.

I think DM_7 made this point a few months back that Bryan was too risky to win the title so soon after returning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement