Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

NukaCola wrote: »
    Why would Belhanda want to move to LFC? Seriously why?......

money.
    exposure.
    a big club in the biggest league in the world.
    the chance to be integral to the resurgence of a once great superpower of English and European football.

there's a great many ways to sell it.
    Allen is a very good prospect and would be a good addition for the right price.

agreed.

but the bold bit is pretty important IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

I thought Aquilani was the best player we had last year in pre season..after seeing the pre season i was kind of hoping he'd stay..if he can produce performances like he did at that time,i think he would be a very good addition to the team..thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

SlickRic wrote: »
    money.
    exposure.
    a big club in the biggest league in the world.
    the chance to be integral to the resurgence of a once great superpower of English and European football.

They dont call ya slick for nothin`! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Leiva wrote: »
    Speaking of Crystal Meth the reports I am hearing of the new series of Breaking Bad are that its excellent ...cant wait !

now back on topic .....

All Hail The King. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I thought Aquilani was the best player we had last year in pre season..after seeing the pre season i was kind of hoping he'd stay..if he can produce performances like he did at that time,i think he would be a very good addition to the team..thoughts?

Unfortunatly preseason counts for nothing...
    I always wanted him to stay, i think he would be like a new signing, but just sick of the sight of him TBH. His agent comes out and says a lot but i dont hear much about what he actually wants, and i guess he doesnt want to be at LFC. Its a different thing each summer. 3 managers passed him over.....there is something wrong there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Speaking of Crystal Meth the reports I am hearing of the new series of Breaking Bad are that its excellent ...cant wait !

now back on topic .....

Twas a good season opener alright.

I had a feeling that people would balk at the price Joe Allen will cost but I think he is among the top young talents across any of the leagues and the price reflects it.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

NukaCola wrote: »
    Unfortunatly preseason counts for nothing...
    I always wanted him to stay, i think he would be like a new signing, but just sick of the sight of him TBH. His agent comes out and says a lot but i dont hear much about what he actually wants, and i guess he doesnt want to be at LFC. Its a different thing each summer. 3 managers passed him over.....there is something wrong there

Yeah,i just always wondered why they loaned him out when he was clearly the best player on the pitch at that time..granted it was only pre season and all but i would of liked to see him gave a proper chance in the premiership!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

SlickRic wrote: »
    i don't for a fact.

but in all likeihood, given his contract status, and the fact he's not quite hit the status of European superstar yet, and the fact there would be no English/British premium, i'd be confident enough we could get him for under £20m if we made a proper push for him.

No guarantee he would want to move to us though. Also hasn't he already said he wants to say at and play CL football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A Liverpool 11 will play Bray Wanderers at the Carlisle Ground on August 12th (Sunday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I've never heard so many people go on as much about a "system" like they're authorities in the subject when in reality the manager has said systems change depending on players available & no one knows how we're gonna be lining up or playing next season!

A little in sight ...
    @LFC: Jose Enrique about Suso: He has amazing qualities and has the style this manager wants - tiki taka. But we have to see him in the first team #askenrique

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

There is no mystery about the system Rodgers is going to bring to Liverpool. It's not at all presumptuous for posters to have a pretty clear idea about the type of football and system (yes I'll use that word again, it describes it pretty well) that Rodgers aims to implement.

For those somehow still in the dark:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki-taka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Funny enough, Adam might be more at home under Rodgers as in a 3 man midfield.

In a 4-4-2, he's not suited.

Did Blackpool play 4-3-3 when he was with them? I think they did.

Still only a backup player though.

He was the most advanced of the midfield 3. The reason there were two more guys behind him was because they had to do all the defending given Adam cannot defend very well.

Liverpool got away with just Lucas because Lucas is amazing. The occasions where Blackpool played with only 1 alongside Adam were rare, as the likes of Grandin and Southern are useless.

They could have done it more with Vaughan, who is a quality little player imo. But he's not on Lucas' level and the other options were abysmal, so 2 was the safest bet and Adam was absolved of defending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Either we are conducting our business in remarkable secrecy (not likely when the Borini & potential Dempsey deals played out/are playing out in the open) or else we are heading towards a quite frankly incredibly disappointing summer.

Do you have anything positive at all to say?!

It must be hard trying to find faults in everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

djPSB wrote: »
    Do you have anything positive at all to say?!

It must be hard trying to find faults in everything.

Lucas is back. Massive plus.

His case is a perfect example of how modern fans are utterly clueless & lacking patience instead always operating with a short termism that's laughable. If the 'majority' that I was slated for going against recently had their way, he'd have been cut loose long ago when he was being abused & boo'd off the pitch at Anfield.

G.K. wrote: »
    He was the most advanced of the midfield 3. The reason there were two more guys behind him was because they had to do all the defending given Adam cannot defend very well.

Liverpool got away with just Lucas because Lucas is amazing. The occasions where Blackpool played with only 1 alongside Adam were rare, as the likes of Grandin and Southern are useless.

They could have done it more with Vaughan, who is a quality little player imo. But he's not on Lucas' level and the other options were abysmal, so 2 was the safest bet and Adam was absolved of defending.

^^nail hit firmly on head^^^

I remember getting some heat in here when I suggested Adam would struggle without Vaughan and how his tracking back and tackling was extremely poor.

Adam has a good eye for a pass but needs too much time to get the head up . Time that's afforded to him when he has class beside him doing the dirty work.
    Without that he is continually caught in possession and bad positions, with only last ditch badly timed tackles saving him or getting him penalised .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rodgers reveals Dempsey enquiry

18th Jul 2012 - Latest News

Brendan Rodgers today revealed that Liverpool have made enquiries about Fulham striker Clint Dempsey.
    dempsey263.jpg

In an interview with Liverpoolfc.com at the team hotel in Boston, the manager moved to clarify the club's position on the USA international, who scored 23 goals for Fulham last season.
    "Clint is a player we've enquired about, it is as simple as that," said Rodgers.
    "Ian Ayre, our managing director, has spoken with the club to see what the position is. That is where we're at.
    "He's a very talented player but we don't like to talk about other clubs' players."
    Meanwhile, Rodgers also spoke about Andy Carroll and insisted a possible loan move away from Anfield would not be entertained.
    "There has been a lot written and spoken about him but first and foremost Andy is a Liverpool player," said the boss.
    "To consider a loan period for someone the club spent £35million on isn't something we're looking to do at this moment in time.
    "Andy will be the same as every other player - if there's ever an offer that comes in we'd look at it as a club and see if it's going to be worthwhile for the club and the team as a whole.
    "The club invested £35million in him. People talk about whether he can fit into my style or not, but if you're a club and you spend £35million on a player you'd like to think he can fit into whatever style the team plays.
    "He's a good player. He'll join the rest of the group next week and we'll take it from there."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Alan and Lloyd must have met and agreed a shift system of posting. Very sensible lads, ensure full daily coverage ;)

:)

Meh, snowed under in work at the moment and hate summer transfer nonsense in the modern media age so I'm not really following at present. I'll be in full on doom merchant mode in a few weeks though, never fear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Think he has given some clarity on the whole situation, so far so good from Rodgers, would like Dempsey added to the squad, it's play or be sold for Carroll, now all he needs to do is sign a few more players and bring the tiki taka from pre-season into the league!

Lucas is back. Massive plus.

His case is a perfect example of how modern fans are utterly clueless & lacking patience instead always operating with a short termism that's laughable. If the 'majority' that I was slated for going against recently had their way, he'd have been cut loose long ago when he was being abused & boo'd off the pitch at Anfield.

Alan I respect your posts but you always bring things to the utter extreme.

Yes Lucas got slated (not by me by the way) and yes many would have liked him shipped out during his first/second season, but Lucas always had that something, that look that if it came good would suit any side in world football, and thankfully it has and it's to our benifit.
    But Carroll does not - full stop.
    If Carroll comes good and becomes the beast of a player we all hope, and at the same time Rodgers implements and stamps a form of football that we hope then we still have a clash.

I am not saying we will be Barca in a few years but what I am saying is Carroll (successful or not) feels like a square block in a round hole.

The center forward role will in some ways become redundant under Rodgers in the majority of games when hopefully we start to play to our new strengths.
    It would be pointless to keep Carroll then to warm the bench if we could get £20mil and strengthen with players who will enhance the new way we will try and play.

None of the above is going to happen over night. It will take a couple of seasons but I think we should take all the pain this season and not drag out and devalue players even more .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So Carroll won't go out on loan - that's put that to bed. They will definitely allow him to leave for the right price, but doesn't sound like they are desperate to sell...

Siggy just opened his Spurs account with the first goal .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Siggy just opened his Spurs account with the first goal .

I hope you aren't going to keep us updated through the whole season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It was a nice strike to be fair. Bottom corner from his left foot. Rodgers said he wanted to fill the team with goals...maybe he should take a look at him? :p

5starpool wrote: »
    I hope you aren't going to keep us updated through the whole season.

Wasn't going to but will now :p

Dickerty wrote: »
    So Carroll won't go out on loan - that's put that to bed. They will definitely allow him to leave for the right price, but doesn't sound like they are desperate to sell...

I still think a loan is most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Wasn't going to but will now :p

How? You can only score your first goal once :D

joe speaks highly of Sterling & Ibe
    seems like a good character to have in the squad

They wanna give me £100k a week, I'll say there's ****ing roses growing out of Rodgers & JWH's holes.

Joe Cole needs to go. ASAP. Sorry affair should be ended quick & painlessly, don't want him & his fat lazy arse around our young players.

They wanna give me £100k a week, I'll say there's ****ing roses growing out of Rodgers & JWH's holes.

Joe Cole needs to go. ASAP. Sorry affair should be ended quick & painlessly, don't want him & his fat lazy arse around our young players.
    but he could be useful in the League Cup & Europa League games
    we don't have a huge squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nice video, looking at the players twitter accounts and the photos posted everyone there seems to be having a good time and really enjoying the training and the vibe seems great which is nice to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

No one likes Joe Cole round here, but that's unfair. He could have sat on his "fat lazy arse" all last year earning 100K, but he went to France instead. He didn't have to. He wanted to play football

MD1990 wrote: »
    but he could be useful in the League Cup & Europa League games
    we don't have a huge squad

He's nearly 31 & is on £100k a week never having made any contribution to the club. No. Just no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I'm going on record here and now:

If Joe Cole is kept this season he will be a huge success this season.

If Aquilani is kept, he will be our most important midfielder by next May.

Henderson will be very good this season.

Adam will be a success under Rodgers.

Carroll will score 15+ in all comps if kept.

No one likes Joe Cole round here, but that's unfair. He could have sat on his "fat lazy arse" all last year earning 100K, but he went to France instead. He didn't have to. He wanted to play football

He wanted to go play football in sunny France while we continued paying his wages?

Wow, what a martyr!

He ended up sitting on his arse a lot in France as well despite the British media telling people he was a big success over there. The guy played 90 minutes only six times in the whole season despite having 28 starts.

And in the second half of the season he was involved in 20 games and was either suibbed on or off in 18 of them.

The move to Lille suited him as it meant he was closer to his family and friends in London than he would have been if he was in Liverpool as it is a shorter commute from Lille to London than it is from Liverpool to London.

Cole was a has been when Liverpool signed him two years ago, and if anything he is a slower less fit version of that has been now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Melion wrote: »
    I'm going on record here and now:

If Joe Cole is kept this season he will be a huge success this season.

If Aquilani is kept, he will be our most important midfielder by next May.

Henderson will be very good this season.

Adam will be a success under Rodgers.

Carroll will score 15+ in all comps if kept.

I'll go on record as saying Downing and Cole will be very Meh if kept, couldn't do much worse and Aquilani will do very well if kept. Adam will do fine but we'll all be moaning about a midfield partner for Lucas in a years time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Kess73 wrote: »
    He ended up sitting on his arse a lot in France as well despite the British media telling people he was a big success over there. The guy played 90 minutes only six times in the whole season despite having 28 starts.

And in the second half of the season he was involved in 20 games and was either suibbed on or off in 18 of them.

The move to Lille suited him as it meant he was closer to his family and friends in London than he would have been if he was in Liverpool as it is a shorter commute from Lille to London than it is from Liverpool to London.

Cole was a has been when Liverpool signed him two years ago, and if anything he is a slower less fit version of that has been now.

YES BUT THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT,
    WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT IS HE FITS.........
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU0V359kzb6yZjdWORmNodiVzV-f1jQKVguC27CuOyxoraPXBq4A !!!The Fcuking system

system system system

IF I hear system one more time i think i'm going to scream
    system, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,982 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU0V359kzb6yZjdWORmNodiVzV-f1jQKVguC27CuOyxoraPXBq4A !!!The Fcuking system

system system system

System.

system system system

Settle petal.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    System.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk-Vft606T1a2LPBxHXfrWbMfUNS_VtbQZ_m4PolVFl2S2_dh_OQ

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

K-9 wrote: »
    I'll go on record as saying Downing and Cole will be very Meh if kept, couldn't do much worse and Aquilani will do very well if kept. Adam will do fine but we'll all be moaning about a midfield partner for Lucas in a years time.

Jesus how did I forget Downing. I expect him to have an even worse season, god I hate him!

We won't need a partner for Lucas. I think we will have too many midfielders next summer and we will all have different opinions on who should be playing. I really think Lucas, Gerrard, Aquilani, Henderson, Adam and Shelvey will ALL have good seasons.

Joe Cole may be getting 100k a week but in financial terms because we got him for free that isn't the real truth. It's just as retarded as the people saying we could have had Aguero for what we paid for Carroll.

Opr

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    System.

51ghIa4gSaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Opr

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

New thread for 12/13 season likely tomorrow I reckon for this superthread anyhow. Exciting times we live in, people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,982 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

600px-WA-433.svg.png

opr wrote: »
    Joe Cole may be getting 100k a week but in financial terms because we got him for free that isn't the real truth. It's just as retarded as the people saying we could have had Aguero for what we paid for Carroll.

Opr

If Cole sees out his contract with Liverpool he will have cost the club close to £20m. Say he was got for free if you like, but that £20m could have been the wages for two or three young players, for four years, who were actually good enough to get into our first team or be genuine cover.

opr wrote: »

Opr

What i don't get is , we all know he's past it ,Then why do we still keep him?
    Shirley we need to get rid at all costs,But no,
    But people at club, manager keep him, SO who's right, Their opinion of him
    or ours,
    Is club afraid to hurt his feelings,
    YOUR CRAP PISS OFF LOL
    Do it by text

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He wanted to go play football in sunny France while we continued paying his wages?

Wow, what a martyr!

If you apply the same logic to every player than you will never see any good in them.

noodler wrote: »
    If you apply the same logic to every player than you will never see any good in them.

31 year old cockney geezers with questionable attitudes most of their careers, on £100k a week, bought by Purslow are not the players I think we should be showing faith in. Jesus.

• Advertisement

Too many managers have their contracts terminated
    And very few players, Few players at liverpool that should be shown the door, asap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement