Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Far too young. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

really sad news :( R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

R.I.P Miki .

He looked so healthy in the press conference 12 months ago in below video .

Cancer you bastard !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tragic :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

f81f4d43cc0aae10d67c2f8b2baad9b1.png

fc39f4ae9a133de85ad4e93879c76a58.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Life can be very cruel at times .. very young and talented. RIP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hopefully tonights game puts an end to any thoughts of Gerrard as a CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

But the BBC says otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone think that Carroll will come back from Euro 2012 feeling pretty happy overall? While he wasn't used as much as I'd have liked (England hat on) when he was on he was effective in his own role (even if Rooney was too fecking shagged to get on the end of anything).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Good that the players are on the way back.

No injuries hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I hope Rodgers has the brains to have seen that a long time ago. I'm sure he does when we can !

Gerrard still has a part to play for us but just not as a CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

He did a perfectly decent job.

But he'll not work as a deep CM in an open system imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

G.K. wrote: »
    He did a perfectly decent job.

But he'll not work as a deep CM in an open system imo.

Is decent good enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The thing is though while he may have done a decent job in that kind of system you can take any average midfielder and they should perform the role adequately. You're basically just a work horse in the centre of the park.

The stupid thing from England's point of view is they have a guy in Gerrard with the talent to win a game in the blink of an eye which is what you need to have when you play the way they did tonight. Instead your most talented player spent his night chasing the Italians around in midfield doing donkey work.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

England lost Lampard and Barry which clearly reduced the options. Milner moving central would be the obvious thing I suppose but Hodgson clearly thought Gerrard was the best option. No reason to extrapolate that thinking into the Liverpool set up under Rodgers though.

Decent? Before the game he talked about himself and Parker needed to command the field, they were invisible this evening tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hi guys not sure if it has been posted here already but I heard that the Betis defender Mike Roque has died at the age of 23, having lost a battle with cancer. They say he spent time in the Liverpool youth team (and had one sub appearance in the first team) before he went back to Spain.

He had a tumour in his pelvis last year, had surgery to remove it but evidently it wasn't enough to save him.

Sad news, RIP

I am sure it has been mentioned here already, but just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Glad that Gerrard, Johnson, Carroll, Henderson, Kelly and Downing can have a rest now from training and looking forward to the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Johnson had a pretty decent tournament much to my surprise.
    Actually seemed to take a bit of pride in his defending.
    Would be more than happy if he could replicate thise performances for the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

kryogen wrote: »
    Hi guys not sure if it has been posted here already but I heard that the Betis defender Mike Roque has died at the age of 23, having lost a battle with cancer. They say he spent time in the Liverpool youth team (and had one sub appearance in the first team) before he went back to Spain.

He had a tumour in his pelvis last year, had surgery to remove it but evidently it wasn't enough to save him.

Sad news, RIP

I am sure it has been mentioned here already, but just in case.

When I heard his name earlier. I could not remember why I knew it. But now I do. He was a wonderkid on FM a good few years ago. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that have fond memories of him.

Terrible to see a guy get cancer at such a young age.

RIP

He can. Have you never watched him play for his club? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Is this a joke? :confused:

I don't get it? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Seen him play far better for Liverpool than he did in any of his Euro 2012 performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Gerrard and Parker were dead on their feet because Rooney, Welbeck, Young and Milner were absolute 100% total fking poison on the ball. Im amazed how its not obvious.

The only man who could change that did next to fk all about it. He brought on Carroll so they could lump it to him out of tiredness, and he compounded the nonsense be bringing on roadrunner on the right wing who can barely cross his legs never mind put in a cross to Carroll.

Everything up to now was pure fluke, by default, not by design, and a poor Italian team managed to make them look pathetic. Ashley Young should have not seen out the first half he was that bad and ended up being out there all night.

Did we forget that easy how much of a dope Hodgson is when it comes to taking the game to the opposition?....come on peeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

daithijjj wrote: »
    Gerrard and Parker were dead on their feet because Rooney, Welbeck, Young and Milner were absolute 100% total fking poison on the ball. Im amazed how its not obvious.

The only man who could change that did next to fk all about it. He brought on Carroll so they could lump it to him out of tiredness, and he compounded the nonsense be bringing on roadrunner on the right wing who can barely cross his legs never mind put in a cross to Carroll.

Everything up to now was pure fluke, by default, not by design, and a poor Italian team managed to make them look pathetic. Ashley Young should have not seen out the first half he was that bad and ended up being out there all night.

Did we forget that easy how much of a dope Hodgson is when it comes to taking the game to the opposition?....come on peeps.

I wouldnt call Italy poor to be fair , they've impressed me throughtout this tournament. I didnt think they would make it out of the group never mind being 90 minutes away from the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Hoki wrote: »
    I wouldnt call Italy poor to be fair , they've impressed me throughtout this tournament. I didnt think they would make it out of the group never mind being 90 minutes away from the final.

The Germans will tear them a new one imho. Its a poor team for an Italian team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

daithijjj wrote: »
    The Germans will tear them a new one imho. Its a poor team for an Italian team.

I think Germany will beat them as well but only by a goal, its a completely different Italian team to the one we've been used to down through the years though, instead of being slow, laborious & ultra defensive they now attack fairly fluidly & quickly while still having that defensive solidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hoki wrote: »
    I think Germany will beat them as well but only by a goal, its a completely different Italian team to the one we've been used to down through the years though, instead of being slow, laborious & ultra defensive they now attack fairly fluidly & quickly while still having that defensive solidity.
    They really lacked a genuine goal threat tonight though, Balotelli was relatively poor for me as was Cassano, only threat was from deep running midfielders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,977 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They really lacked a genuine goal threat tonight though, Balotelli was relatively poor for me as was Cassano, only threat was from deep running midfielders.

His finishing tonight was poor, but he was hugely involved in so much great play. On another night he could have had a hat trick. They could do with a more consistent striker alright, but they certainly have the potential to cause an upset.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement