Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buttevant road works

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

bypass the fecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Any word when (or if) these road works are finishing? Oh and as I,m asking is there road works now on the mallow road??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

No word on when they'll now finish - the archaeologists are in and who know's how long they will take? And yes they decided we weren't inconvenienced enough so they're now resurfacing a stretch of road between Mallow and Cork - I've heard this should be complete by Xmas but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Close to being finished it seems.. so close...

Not the neatest job I've ever seen on road resurfacing mind you. The change in level at the cross for Liscarroll/Doneraile seems unnecessary!

That's because once the main work is done they will finish it off with a final top layer of tarmac to level it all out - from one end of the village to the other.

• Advertisement

Touché! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Cork to Limerick this afternoon-25 minutes to get through this village.
    I think Percy French had Buttevant in mind and digging for gold in the streets when he wrote that song. It's close to 4 years since they began digging up the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

SILVAMAN wrote: »
    I think Percy French had Buttevant in mind and digging for gold in the streets when he wrote that song. It's close to 4 years since they began digging up the street.

They're still working? When will it end? :eek:

A few weeks ago they teased me. No works or temporary lights for about a week. I was delighted. Then bang, back again, delay, delay, delay.

The level of incompetence is staggering, how can it possibly be justified that the works are taking this long? It beggars belief. Archaeological work aside (which are long since finished), how they are still arsing about is unfathomable.

If you're doing Cork - Limerick you'd be better off going via Mitchelstown

• Advertisement

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    If you're doing Cork - Limerick you'd be better off going via Mitchelstown

Unfortunately Im going from a few km outside Buttevant to Cork

as the Canadians say: sorry about that eh

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

SILVAMAN wrote: »

Cork-Limerick is easier done via the M8 and R513, unless it's a Blarney-Raheen drive.

Advertisement