Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Hitting Competition

Options
  • 08-01-2015 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭

So I've taken it upon myself to improve my doubles game. It's a lot of people's worst part of their game so I was thinking it'd be interesting to see how people compare.

So all you do is count how many darts it takes you to hit every double from 1-20 in order.

Leaderboard
    ComfortKid - 81
    Potential Underachiever - 86
    gramar - 91
    jamesbere - 96
    Jarjohn - 97
    D.Q - 106
    mykillokneel - 109
    Bluezar - 113
    robman60 - 115
    Devastator - 126
    paulie21 - 175
    jdbarry - 175
    2ndcoming - 179

Please give it a go, and feel free to ask for any clarification of the rules if necessary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

so around the board doubles only total?

lol I'll do it someday in few days...reckon it'll be up in 200s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

robman60 wrote: »
    So I've taken it upon myself to improve my doubles game. It's a lot of people's worst part of their game so I was thinking it'd be interesting to see how people compare.

So all you do is count how many darts it takes you to hit every double from 1-20 in order.

Leaderboard
    1. robman60 - 115

Please give it a go, and feel free to ask for any clarification of the rules if necessary.

Are you going round the board from 20, 1, 18, 4 etc or is it in numerical order, 1, 2, 3 etc?

statto25 wrote: »
    Are you going round the board from 20, 1, 18, 4 etc or is it in numerical order, 1, 2, 3 etc?

It says 1-20 in order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

statto25 wrote: »

D1, D2, D3 ... D20. You also must count darts thrown at, but missing D1 ie you don't count hitting D1 as your first dart, unless of course you did it on the first dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Beat that:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 JungleJuice

Sparks43 wrote: »

Beat that:cool:

I smell bullsh.. 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

There's always one cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

There's always one cheat.

Oh would you feck off:D

It was a Joke ffs:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Oh would you feck off:D

It was a Joke ffs:cool:

What's your problem?

I just forgot to say I did it in 19... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

No double Bull?

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »
    No double Bull?

No keep it to the 20 regular doubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Here's a vid of MvG going round the board on doubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mykillokneel

Did 3 to 18 in about 70 missed loads at 1, 2 and 19. Got 12,13,14 one set of 3.
    I'll be back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Will have go later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

need to get practicing at this...my bug bear is the double 3...I really struggle with it
    I got the double 1 & 2 after 4 darts and was still on the 3 after 30 and just had to leave. I'm usually not too bad on most others but the 19/3/17 are my nemesis

just out of curiosity what is a good score to go around the board just hitting 1-20?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    need to get practicing at this...my bug bear is the double 3...I really struggle with it
    I got the double 1 & 2 after 4 darts and was still on the 3 after 30 and just had to leave. I'm usually not too bad on most others but the 19/3/17 are my nemesis

just out of curiosity what is a good score to go around the board just hitting 1-20?

Had a MASSIVE, and I mean MASSIVE, row in a pub once over 6, I just can't hit double 3 so I always go 2 double 2, stepped up and hit 2 double 2 in 2 darts, then it kicked off. Apparently there was a rule in the pub that if you were on a finish of 40 or less you had to go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Clareman wrote: »
    Had a MASSIVE, and I mean MASSIVE, row in a pub once over 6, I just can't hit double 3 so I always go 2 double 2, stepped up and hit 2 double 2 in 2 darts, then it kicked off. Apparently there was a rule in the pub that if you were on a finish of 40 or less you had to go for it

Ah the 'ol pub rules that come up afterwards. Gas that no one says these before. Every local has one.

Did 3 to 18 in about 70 missed loads at 1, 2 and 19. Got 12,13,14 one set of 3.
    I'll be back!!
    I tried to edit the original post but the option isn't there. If mods could edit it or allow me to edit it I'd appreciate it. I got 15, 16, 17, 18 in four consecutive darts on my current best. Keep this thread posted with your progress anyway. :)
    Lex Luthor wrote: »

I struggle with those too. Are you tall? It's more difficult for us tall people to hit those numbers. I find it easier to hit those low doubles if you float the dart more than actually projecting the dart along a downward trajectory.

Personally, I'd consider under 100 as a decent score for a casual player, under 80 good for a competitive player and about 50 for a professional.

I'm actually pleased with that! I was seriously expecting closer to 200 than 100 :D

Be interesting to try this again

Devastator wrote: »

I'm actually pleased with that! I was seriously expecting closer to 200 than 100 :D

Be interesting to try this again

Nice start. I'll give it a go again tomorrow but I'll struggle to get under 100 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'll definitely do this tomorrow, back playing darts again so good incentive to practice doubles, finishing used to be the strongest part of my game so will look forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I tried to edit the original post but the option isn't there.

Edited now. Drop me a PM if and when there are new scores to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Looking forward to giving this a bash later. Anything under 200 and I'd be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭celt262

D1, D2, D3 ... D20. You also must count darts thrown at, but missing D1 ie you don't count hitting D1 as your first dart, unless of course you did it on the first dart.

What are trying to say here is that not a contradiction ?

Think he's saying if it takes you 10 darts to hit double 1 you're on 10, you don't start from counting from there at 1.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Think he's saying if it takes you 10 darts to hit double 1 you're on 10, you don't start from counting from there at 1.

This is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Forgot how much I enjoyed practising around the clock on doubles.

96 from me

First attempt at this with new darts and not throwing well... 204 :(

Gonna keep trying at it, know on another today I could nearly half that, lots of neighbouring doubles and wire trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

147 Wednesday for doubles around the board then 97 Thursday morning. I wont be going any lower!

• Advertisement

Down to 189 at the second attempt. Moving in right direction at least.

Advertisement