Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Bars

Options
  • 30-10-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭

Sat here in what was formerly Madison on Wicklow St; its now called Marys and resembles a pub you'd see in the back arse of Connemara. Yup, tis gimmicky but I actually like it. Could see this place becoming a feature of my usual spots. Just came up from Mulligans too and the Guinness is actually better here imo.

Any others from the floor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Gaffneys in Fairview and the sheds in Clontarf for the Guinness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Brew Dock is my favourite place in the city at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bowes is good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Houricans on Leeson street - Nothing better than relaxing with a toastie and a pint in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Lannigans on Eden Quay. Love the year-round halloween decorations,really cool music and the staff are sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dquinnan

P. Macs on Stephen Street and The Exchequer on Exchequer Street are two of my favourites at the moment. Sweeneys on Dame Lane is good craic too, but is let down by the stream of addicts/beggars/gougers that constantly pester you out in the smoking area.

Long Hall, Chaplins and Nearys are good for quiet pints.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Against the Grain is my boozer of choice

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Against the Grain is my boozer of choice
    The Rathgar (previously the 108) is closing this Friday and re-opening as Against The Grain

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skipper756

The Harold House on Clanbrassil St has the best pint and friendliest stafff in Dublin! :)

skipper756 wrote: »
    The Harold House on Clanbrassil St has the best pint and friendliest stafff in Dublin! :)
    And the craziest customers too, especially Kevin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Mulligans and their Guinness is horrendously overrated.

Pmacs and the Thomas House are my favourites. Sweeneys for the late bar but as mentioned the lane out the back is becoming slightly dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Is the Confession Box still in operation. Enjoyed it many years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

I second Bowe's and The Long Hall.

Cheers,

Ac

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pkvader

Slight hijack,theres a gang of us going to a gig in the academy in a couple of weeks,any recommendations on a late bar for after?, some where lively close bye? (Sunday night),thanks.

The Rathgar (previously the 108) is closing this Friday and re-opening as Against The Grain

no, this is not quite right.

They are re-opening as The 108, and they open at 5pm, and for 108 minutes all Galway Bay Brewery pints are €1.08

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

pkvader wrote: »
    Slight hijack,theres a gang of us going to a gig in the academy in a couple of weeks,any recommendations on a late bar for after?, some where lively close bye? (Sunday night),thanks.

You could try the twisted pepper right beside it. Or Dice Bar near Smithfield or the Mezz in temple bar.

My favourite bars are the Hairy Lemon, the Beerhouse, Frank Ryans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

It depends what I'm in the mood for but my favorites are Grogan's, MVP (Clanbrassil Street), Blackbird (Rathmines), Against the Grain.

Haven't tried P Mac's yet so that's next on the list, and maybe The 108.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

They are re-opening as The 108, and they open at 5pm, and for 108 minutes all Galway Bay Brewery pints are €1.08

What day will this commence?:)

sorry, according to the Against The Grain facebook page
    Opening on the 5th of November at 5! All GBB products €1.08 cent for 108 minutes! Come join us for a great night!

Yeah but they are owned by against the grain

• Advertisement

Yeah but they are owned by against the grain

Owned by Galway bay, who own ATG, The Black Sheep, The Brew Dock and Alfie Byrnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

Ryans of Camden Street is my local having lived here for 18 months now, great spot and good pint!

Why do these craft beer places never have any women in them?

The clientele remind me of the neckbeard "right to ramble" crew from the Peak District.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Brogans, Long Hall, The Oval, Chaplains, MacTurcails, Bowes, Doyles and the Hop House would be my usual haunts.

I like Devitts on Camden St too, but not often I'm up that side of town.

chopper6 wrote: »
    Why do these craft beer places never have any women in them?

Can't say I agree with that observation, I see plenty of women in ATG, Black Sheep, Porterhouse etc. Women like beer too shockingly.

Can't say I agree with that observation, I see plenty of women in ATG, Black Sheep, Porterhouse etc. Women like beer too shockingly.

I suppose its ATG I'm talking about really...porterhouse has it's fair share of women but ATG seems to only ever be full of male crusties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I like Sams if it isn't too busy and Black Door for the late spots.

For a few pints and/or food and/or a match the Bath, O'Briens, Dice Bar, ATG, Smiths in Ranelagh and McSorleys all tick the right boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I have to find a new one as my usual haunt has closed down. I am looking forward to the Belfry reopening in Stoneybatter, apparently it isn't going to be the same though. I am happy with any bar as long as a pint is no more than a fiver and the toilets are relatively clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

chopper6 wrote: »
    I suppose its ATG I'm talking about really...porterhouse has it's fair share of women but ATG seems to only ever be full of male crusties.

Plenty of women in ATG, maybe just just have an eye for a lad with a beard?

57 The Headline or ATG for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The Foggy Dew

Advertisement