Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    I thought you two broke up years ago?

Have you realized how much you missed each other?

I was talking about magnets, take what you will out of it though you blasphemous perv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,234 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    I was talking about magnets, take what you will out of it though you blasphemous perv :D

Ah yes, the metaphorical magnet that is love. With both the power to repel and draw together in equal measure.

It is only blasphemy to you because you consider him your god.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Speaking of blasphemy...

http://bibleislands.com/

The 'finest' religious game since Zoo Race. Don't know why I have a sudden urge to DDoS attack the site though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Insane+Clown+Posse+magnets550x327.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Advertisement

This could be interesting... has been in development for 5 years and was just released today:

katawa_shoujo_release.png

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2012/01/katawa-shoujo-released.html

It's a dating sim set in a school for disabled children. (Did I mention it's made by 4chan?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

The great Shopto saga has ended in favour of the plaintiff (i.e. Me). I get to keep the game, I got refunded the difference and also got an apology.

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

DinoRex wrote: »
    This could be interesting... has been in development for 5 years and was just released today:

katawa_shoujo_release.png

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2012/01/katawa-shoujo-released.html

It's a dating sim set in a school for disabled children. (Did I mention it's made by 4chan?)

Not sure I'd call a dating sim staring children, "interesting". Disturbed and sick maybe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I was saying to someone at Ciderman's beers I had it downloaded, was it johnny ultimate when we talked about the bird dating sim? lsmifomd
    it's only the demo though

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not sure I'd call a dating sim staring children, "interesting". Disturbed and sick maybe. :)

Well they're children to me. But they're all highschool kids dating other highschool kids... You just get to pretend you are one so it's all cool!
    Sera wrote: »
    I was saying to someone at Ciderman's beers I had it downloaded, was it johnny ultimate when we talked about the bird dating sim? lsmifomd
    it's only the demo though

Oh it should be the full game now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'll probably give it a whirl out of some sort of morbid curiosity. Shame it contains dodgy 'erotic' content as it would have the potential to have some interesting social commentary. Guess that's too much to hope for from 4chan.

Don't think anyone's going to make any as effectively satirical as the pigeon one, though.

You can disable the adult content. Just tried a little of it and it looks very lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Woo Hoo!
    Have a Wii to replace the one that is toast!
    Going to softmod it now.
    Will report back if I am left with a €50 paperweight....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like there's another must have on the 3DS:

http://www.1up.com/reviews/mighty-switch-force-nintendo-3ds

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Saw it there alright.
    Can't find the time to play the games I have at the mo, never mind new ones!
    And I have it on good authority that I'll have a G-Net board and a projector friendly Supergun for my birthday!
    Now to get a ton of cheap CF cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭Doge

Well they're children to me. But they're all highschool kids dating other highschool kids... You just get to pretend you are one so you can hide from the fact that you are actually a paedophile!

Oh it should be the full game now.

;)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks like there's another must have on the 3DS:

http://www.1up.com/reviews/mighty-switch-force-nintendo-3ds

Just grabbed it there now. Definitely the best use of 3D I've seen yet. Love it when you switch a block to the foreground with a guy standing in front of it and he gets smashed into the screen. Looks great.

Plays really well too... My only issue with it is that you need to be able to quickly move between shooting, jumping and switching... which means using the shoulder button to do the switching but it can get very uncomfortable very quickly trying to hold the console like that.

I always thought that the 3DS would be absolutely perfect for 2D games with different parallax layers at different depths. Glad to see the 2D masters at WayForward trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Advertisement

Things aren't moving as fast in the relationship as I would like...

e8YeP.jpg

There really isn't a level upon which that image isn't simply wrong.
    And I've tried to find one, really, I have.

Oh, wait, she's being sarcastic!
    Wow, that was close....

We'll have to get signs made.

Believe it or not the writing is actually quite good in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Woo Hoo!
    Have a Wii to replace the one that is toast!
    Going to softmod it now.
    Will report back if I am left with a €50 paperweight....

Just reserched that Katawa thingy

Bloody hell that is so wrong on so many levels:eek:

demotivational-posters-sometimes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I had the USA import of that game. I thought it was brilliant, even if it did set me back £54.99 in 1993. :(

Even back in the day I knew it was mediocre, although not totally terrible. Managed to finish it though.

He was no Zool!

zool1.gif

• Advertisement

Can anyone reccommend a good fishemup for the wii?

1 with decent motion controls and lots of fish:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement