Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

PARlance wrote: »
    Afaik it would have been a working mans game back then, or at least a shared game between the classes.

Landlords would have sponsored teams, some took the Arab sheikh approach and would bring in well paid ringers. It certainly wasn't elitist in those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Here we go again. Ireland v UAE from Brisbane, one change with cusack in for mcbrine. Ireland win the toss and will bowl

Decent start from Ireland. They have UAE at 55-2 after 15 overs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Not going great, UAE looking at 260 / 270 here, another big chase needed from us.

AdpRo wrote: »
    Not going great, UAE looking at 260 / 270 here, another big chase needed from us.

They have rallied well. Poor death bowling from our lads

• Advertisement

279 the target then. Gettable but all about keeping the head and keeping wickets in hand

Bad start!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

KevIRL wrote: »
    Bad start!

Kev, is there any radio commentary of this online?

Thrilling stuff

Kev, is there any radio commentary of this online?

Test match special on bbc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Looks like we are going to do it......following them really isn't good for the heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

KevIRL wrote: »
    Test match special on bbc

Cheers, listening to it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

This is tense as hell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

....and breathe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Come on Ireland!

Oh my heart.....my heart!

Long day since 3am. Wrecked tired and its only lunchtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great win beat Zimbabwe and they will make the quarters by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

Super round today from Padraig Harrington. In at - 3 at the Honda. Here's hoping he puts another three of those rounds together over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

G1032 wrote: »
    Super round today from Padraig Harrington. In at - 3 at the Honda. Here's hoping he puts another three of those rounds together over the next few days.

Great day for Irish golf, Peter Lawrie (who lost his card last year... is fighting for his professional life this year for those that aren't familiar) is in the Top 10 on the European Tour event. A top 10 finish would go a massive way to securing a card for next year.
    Kevin Phelan is also up there in contention.

Great day for Irish golf, Peter Lawrie (who lost his card last year... is fighting for his professional life this year for those that aren't familiar) is in the Top 10 on the European Tour event. A top 10 finish would go a massive way to securing a card for next year.
    Kevin Phelan is also up there in contention.

Lawrie has started very well on the Thursday and Fridays this season but has had very poor weekends. Shooting 75's etc on Saturday/Sunday. Even if he could stop the destructive weekend rounds and keep them to level/+1 he'd not be doing too badly.

I'm assuming he'll continue to get a lot of invites this season. He's supposed to be well liked on tour and surely the likes of McIlroy, Harrington, McDowell, Clarke etc can pull a few strings for him to help him continue to get invites. One or two big finishes though and he'll be grand.

He was telling one of the guys from the Golf Weekly podcast that he was addicted to Coke (Coca Cola!!). He was drinking 4 or 5 liters a day or something insane like that???? He knew he had to get off it but when he did eventually quit his game began to suffer initially. He says that's all behind him now so onwards and upwards. Fingers crossed for a good weekend for him

• Advertisement

Ya, it's a good interview, should be still up on the Newstalk site.

He actually had to go back on the coke (a cola) after he went cold turkey as his game went so bad.
    I think he said he's down to 2-3 cans a day now.

He's playing better than he has in a few years, hopefully he gets his card back. Seems like a nice bloke.

Ya, it's a good interview, should be still up on the Newstalk site.

He actually had to go back on the coke (a cola) after he went cold turkey as his game went so bad.
    I think he said he's down to 2-3 cans a day now.

He's playing better than he has in a few years, hopefully he gets his card back. Seems like a nice bloke.

Why is Conor Deegan no longer on the podcast? I think he is badly missed.
    I like Joe Molloy and Fionn Davenport. The two of them and Deegan worked very well with each other. Nathan Murphy really annoys me, but not enough yet that I'd stop listening!!
    Just bring back Deegan or replace Murphy with Dave McIntyre.

Why is Conor Deegan no longer on the podcast? I think he is badly missed.
    I like Joe Molloy and Fionn Davenport. The two of them and Deegan worked very well with each other. Nathan Murphy really annoys me, but not enough yet they I'd so listening!!
    Just bring back Deegan or replace Murphy with Dave McIntyre.

Couldn't agree more, the dynamic between Deegan, Molloy and Davenport was class. Like 3 lads having a chat and a bit of craic over a pint. Murphy is just too "polished" or something.

I'm not sure why Deegan left, it did come up in conversation on one of the pods shortly after, I think they put it down to him having too many other commitments.

AB de Villiers carves up the West Indies. Breaking all sorts of records

Lawrie has started very well on the Thursday and Fridays this season but has had very poor weekends. Shooting 75's etc on Saturday/Sunday. Even if he could stop the destructive weekend rounds and keep them to level/+1 he'd not be doing too badly.

I'm assuming he'll continue to get a lot of invites this season. He's supposed to be well liked on tour and surely the likes of McIlroy, Harrington, McDowell, Clarke etc can pull a few strings for him to help him continue to get invites. One or two big finishes though and he'll be grand.

He was telling one of the guys from the Golf Weekly podcast that he was addicted to Coke (Coca Cola!!). He was drinking 4 or 5 liters a day or something insane like that???? He knew he had to get off it but when he did eventually quit his game began to suffer initially. He says that's all behind him now so onwards and upwards. Fingers crossed for a good weekend for him

So that hasn't gone according to plan. Missed cut for Lawrie..............

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Worked 9 days in a row without a break.

House of Cards up on Netflix now available.

How convenient, not leaving the sofa until episode 13 is watched:D

wonski wrote: »
    Worked 9 days in a row without a break.

House of Cards up on Netflix now available.

How convenient, not leaving the sofa until episode 13 is watched:D

You've probably seen True Detective?? I'm going to watch the last episode tonight and I think it may well be the best thing I've ever seen on television, and I've seen everything that appears on the usual lists (except the Soprano's for some reason:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You've probably seen True Detective?? I'm going to watch the last episode tonight and I think it may well be the best thing I've ever seen on television, and I've seen everything that appears on the usual lists (except the Soprano's for some reason:o)

I have indeed.

True Detective is a class itself.

Tv shows have changed and some of these are better than cinema productions tbh...

Wow. Really? I thought True Detective was good but far from the best series I'd have ever seen.

The Sopranos is brilliant and was the best I thought I'd seen until I watched The Wire. I then think Breaking Bad overtook that but it's much of a muchness between Breaking Bad and The Wire.

I really enjoy Game of Thrones. The West Wing was very good too as was The Newsroom.

I don't think I'd put True Detective ahead of anything listed above but I'd say it's far better than Sons of Anarchy (just 5 episodes left to watch and I'm only finishing it because of the time already invested).

House of Cards is class but I won't be able to watch a marathon 13 episodes like wonski. Hopefully I'll get to it in a month or two.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's just because it is what I am currently watching, I may not be so fulsome in my praise after a bit of time, but I would put it ahead of the Wire and Breaking Bad, both of which I loved. It's only 8 episodes so it may not be a fair comparison but it is truly outstanding, it's even kept me awake a few nights, usually only the thing we aren't allowed to mention on this thread can do that.:P

Advertisement