Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made a wedding different for you

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Can't even tell a funeral from a wedding around here cos we always seem to end up back at the same function room

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I was a hotel barman, some speeches were outrageously good and remembered years later and some I was cringing behind the bar

Some people can cut it fine and get away with dodgy comments like the father of the bride who was talking about bulls and heifers and bringing them to market and so on. He was a legend and pulled it off

But if you're not funny don't even dare doing it.
    What's funny in your head will end up insulting half the room

Barmen know and see everything :cool:

It depends on your point of view. If some bollix telling stories about bulls and heifers at their daughters wedding is hilarious you are probably a bogger and that is coming from the biggest bogger of them all.
    Half the audience probably thought it was cringeable and were laughing out of politeness or embarrassment. The coarsest humour is usually received the loudest as course people are the loudest.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Misticles wrote: »
    2nd page and not one post thanked... God you's all must have boring friends!!

Last wedding I was at was... Muriel from Porpoise Spit...

You Amateur..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Best mate got collared married a while back. The oul lad-in-law is a jazz man, so there happened to be plenty of jazz heads at the wedding which took place in my mate's oul pair's deadly gaff garden in a marquee. So, small bunch of cool people, mellow service, then about five hours of epic food and drink and chat, with stunning jazz music breaking out sporadically every twenty minutes or so.
    Not remotely what I'd have ever dreamed of as an ideal wedding, but by god it was one of the best days of my life and I was just a guest!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Last wedding i was a guest at was in Poland, 3 days long, bottles of vodka on the table. It was a memorable wedding, unfortunately i was too pissed to remember it.

Was at a wedding were the bride and groom asked all the guests to email in a few picture from their own weddings (mostly casual, not posed) or just nice couple pictures, they then made a side show to show in the arrival area, was a nice touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Jess16 wrote: »
    I was at a wedding where I never heard 'Come on Eileen' once -weirdos!

That was banned from my wedding, I fooking detest that song!!!

I kinda liked my wedding!

We had buffet with chicken curry and chips and lots of other stuff. Some lads on the different tables were competing against each other to see how many plates of food they could go up and get :o

My brother in law must have wolfed down about 7 desserts :eek:

Had the Paddy Power bet kits on the tables as well they went down a treat :)

I didn't have a first dance with my Dad either, we went up and did shots at the bar instead :D

It wasn't really a 'weddingy' type day, more like a giant part with friends and family, nice and relaxed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

stimpson wrote: »
    Leg waxing causes cancer?

it does if you use plutonium wax

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Two recent ones....

1. The best men (groom had two of em) wrote a song instead of a speech, both singing with guitars. It was absolutely filthy. Had the rooms in knots.

2. There was a curtin in the corner of the function room and thankfully at about midnight, the hotel staff pulled back the curtin to reveal a burger bar. Quarter pounders and breast in a bun all round. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Most weddings seem to have something a little different.
    Chip van mentioned earlier (give me sandwiches anyday)
    ice cream van
    pig on a split
    interval act like irish dancers, jugglers, breakdancers or something.
    comicature artists
    fake waiters that break into song

The waiters and ice cream van are great but kind of less so for a repeat performance. Interval act is always good.

Advertisement