Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made a wedding different for you

Options
  • 26-03-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

We were at a wedding last weekend and the groom and the brides father got the legs waxed for cancer.

My question is it was something different that got a great response so what was different at a wedding you were at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

My last wedding was a gay civil partnership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭as125634do

well zee difference is one was my sistas and another was my dads friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I didnt get to shag any of the bridesmaids :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My last wedding was a gay civil partnership.

Not what he was asking in fairness, he was asking what kinda quirky things you saw at a wedding, but hey, we all have gay friends, some of mine got hitched too... :P

On topic, at my mates wedding there was this bizarre flatley type dance done by the grooms cousin with this **** Celtic trance type music, was just plain odd, the grannies seemed to enjoy it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Last wedding I was at didn't even last until the band started at reception.

Funny kinda night . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

No! You know what? NO! There simply cannot be very many weddings this year. Everyone (and their cat) got married last year!!

NO MORE WEDDINGS!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Steven81 wrote: »
    We were at a wedding last weekend and the groom and the brides father got the legs waxed for cancer.

Leg waxing causes cancer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I walked in on the groom going down on the priest in the toilets at the end of the night. Durt.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

There was a betting table where people were encouraged to make bets on how long the marriage would last.

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Was at a wedding in France last year, cousin of my other half. The groom's sister had organised lots of people to dress up as farm animals for the end of the church when the happy couple came out. That was very bizarre - I couldn't hide my mortification for the french that day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

I was at a wedding where I never heard 'Come on Eileen' once -weirdos!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

was a great diversion for an hour in Las Vegas. Would have been a great holiday otherwise. Cost 500 dollars to divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

During the last wedding I attended, the best man spoke for 45 minutes.

People were ready to kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

My brother got a brilliant Irish trad band to play instead of the usual ****e

Really made the night, everybody was up straight away giving it loads on the dancefloor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

true wrote: »
    was a great diversion for an hour in Las Vegas. Would have been a great holiday otherwise. Cost 500 dollars to divorce.

Sinead?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

2nd page and not one post thanked... God you's all must have boring friends!!

Last wedding I was at was... Muriel from Porpoise Spit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sorry to break it to them but waxing does not cure cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I was a hotel barman, some speeches were outrageously good and remembered years later and some I was cringing behind the bar

Some people can cut it fine and get away with dodgy comments like the father of the bride who was talking about bulls and heifers and bringing them to market and so on. He was a legend and pulled it off

But if you're not funny don't even dare doing it.
    What's funny in your head will end up insulting half the room

Barmen know and see everything :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I was bridesmaid at a wedding last year and at midnight when everyone was fairly well on, up rolls a huge chipper van outside the marque, the staff all dressed really smartly in black and white uniforms. Think it was the best burger and chips i ever had. :D The look on everyones faces was priceless when they realised they didnt have to endure ham sambos and lukewarm cocktail sausages like every other wedding they'd been to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

John Aldridge showing up at my uncles reception. Spawell, 1989. "Of course I'm aldo, kid.. de nose.. look at de nose.." taps nose. it was then he appeared more like Phil Thompson.

was likely taking a break from the golf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

The last wedding I was at was mine. That was different. I had to make a speech. My new wife made a speech but she broke down in tears not because of me, I hasten to add.

What was different, was that almost everyone said it was the most relaxed wedding they ever attended. That came from my family who are not noted for being diplomatic or fair to me!

Not counting my wedding, the last wedding I attended was in Bilbao. There was about ten courses at the dinner. The bride and groom both made brilliant speeches. The best man made a fool of himself. The bride made an unscripted speech which was brilliant and funny. Genius, which is what she is.

That was different. Also the priest was a gay Jesuit if that wasn't enough.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My old flatmates had one of their first dances at their wedding to a song about zombies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

I'd forgotten about this. Was at step brother in laws wedding in England. They had double booked 2 DJ's for the reception.

Turned out there was rivalry between the 2 DJ's . So one arrived set up and started spinning the records. Next DJ arrives, words were said, DJ 2 disappears. Ten minutes later he arrives back with a squad with baseball bats who get laid into DJ number 1's entourage.

All he'll breaks loose. Wedding party scatter. Loads of cops arrive, sirens wailing.

We eventually reconvene in marquee tent where one guest started playing his violin. Weird atmosphere after that.

The bride did the double about 6 months later and went to live with some bloke she met on a ferry.

Nought as strange as folk : )

My question is it was something different that got a great response so what was different at a wedding you were at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

as125634do wrote: »
    well zee difference is one was my sistas and another was my dads friend.

My eyes, my beautiful eyes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I walked in on the groom going down on the priest in the toilets at the end of the night. Durt.

Hence the username?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

They rented a small castle in the middle of amazing countryside - had to do all the setting up themselves, so a lot of work and care went into it. It still worked out the same price as a hotel.
    DJs playing class music, including a swing guy playing 1920s big band really fast-moving stuff. And their dog was there too.

What breed was the dog? Did he eat with ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

No specific breed - a mix. Yep, he walked from table to table during the meal. He was lovely. :)

Buffet meal too.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a well cool wedding. Good on 'em!

Dudess wrote: »
    No specific breed - a mix. Yep, he walked from table to table during the meal. He was lovely. :)

Buffet meal too.

Advertisement