Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

In order to function correctly, the Sky+ twin tuner box requires a feed for each of its tuners from the lnb on your dish.

You'll need to either reroute one of the cables already in place or run another from the lnb (should be a spare port).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

skyhd box with no sub, how do I get BBC1 on channel 101, it's stuck on RTE1.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

stanley1 wrote: »
    skyhd box with no sub, how do I get BBC1 on channel 101, it's stuck on RTE1.

TIA
    I know with the older boxes you just had to reboot it without a card and they defaulted to the UK EPG. But Im fairly sure I read somewhere that the newer HD boxes wont boot up in this format.

Give it a go anyhow.

thanks, but no go on that, still reverting to RTE!.

ok, solved it, found an old sky yellow house ftv card, powered on and off and BBC1 back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Annunakicoming

Anybody any suggestions for good tv or sat dish with lots of channels...want to get rid of sky...because they are providing crap service because I won't pay direct debit....never late once but every month hassle....Help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Anybody any suggestions for good tv or sat dish with lots of channels...want to get rid of sky...because they are providing crap service because I won't pay direct debit....never late once but every month hassle....Help

How about www.freesat.ie ?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

On this any good guides to DIY Satellite, best dish and stb/tv to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jimbo21

having problems with my sky+ box each time i record a programme i lose satelite signal and i have to turn off at socket for few seconds n then turn back on. have no probs with multiroom box. rang sky n they want to charge me 100euro for engineer to fix cable so now i cannot record anything. any ideas on how to fix.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

jimbo21 wrote: »
    having problems with my sky+ box each time i record a programme i lose satelite signal and i have to turn off at socket for few seconds n then turn back on. have no probs with multiroom box. rang sky n they want to charge me 100euro for engineer to fix cable so now i cannot record anything. any ideas on how to fix.:confused:
    Swap the boxes and that will give you a good indication if the fault lies with the box or the dish/lnb/cabling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Do you need a phone line installed to connect with Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

Do you need a phone line installed to connect with Sky?

For one box no, for two or more yes. There is a slight additional charge of about 30 euros if you do not have a phone line. Without a phone line you lose interactive content that works via the phone line and the ability to purchase films etc via the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

My saorview singal is breaking up intermittently this morning, every minute or 2 it goes off for a few seconds, it has happened a good few times in the past few weeks and happens on both digital and analogue signals in the house.
    any idea whats wrong? I'm getting signal from truskmore.

Pangea wrote: »
    My saorview singal is breaking up intermittently...

Start a new thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

this is for satellite only

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nympho

Hi, can you pay 12 month subscription in one instead of monthly payments? Thanks.

Please start a new thread stating the name of your provider

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nympho

zg3409 wrote: »
    Please start a new thread stating the name of your provider

Sky. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Are there any iDTV with both DTT and Satellite tuners installed. Saorview approved would be good, is there one out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Elmo wrote: »
    Are there any iDTV with both DTT and Satellite tuners installed. Saorview approved would be good, is there one out there?

Range coming from Walker soon - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056702030

The Samsung UXXU range are Freesat and Saorview - http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-32ES630&pages=1&prod=32ES630&brands=SAMSUNG&image=

This Panasonic has a satellite tuner - http://www.did.ie/panasonic-50-smart-viera-plasma-tv-tx-p50gt50b

Recent thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056704901

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I recently cancelled my Sky Sports subscription. Before the subscription was cancelled I had recorded various programmes on Sky Sports but hadn't got around to watching them. I tried to watch them there now and all I get is a message saying I need to upgrade my subscription.

Is this normal? I'd have thought even though the subscription to Sky Sports is cancelled, I'd still be able to watch what I had recorded prior to it expiring.

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    I recently cancelled my Sky Sports subscription. Before the subscription was cancelled I had recorded various programmes on Sky Sports but hadn't got around to watching them. I tried to watch them there now and all I get is a message saying I need to upgrade my subscription.

Is this normal? I'd have thought even though the subscription to Sky Sports is cancelled, I'd still be able to watch what I had recorded prior to it expiring.

Yes this is normal. The programs are encryped on the hard drive and you need a valid current subscription to view them. If you subscribe again they will magically work again.

You should have burnt them to DVD before cancelling. It's a sneaky thing Sky do, although they could claim it is for copyright reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rorypat

We Upgraded to a new Sky + HD box. The hdmi cable is a sky branded one. Is there any point changing this to a gold pin hdmi cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

rorypat wrote: »
    We Upgraded to a new Sky + HD box. The hdmi cable is a sky branded one. Is there any point changing this to a gold pin hdmi cable?

No.
    If it works don't get suckered into buying extravagant sales bulls**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rorypat

No.
    If it works don't get suckered into buying extravagant sales bulls**t.

Thxs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.

Just noticed today but is there a reason The Horror Channel is on Sky channel 198 and 319? The 198 version cuts off at 9pm to show Psychics live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

G-Money wrote: »

I was wondering this too. MGM are having a freeview weekend, but I can't record a movie from it and watch it at another time can i? Am not subscribed to movies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Hi people, would anybody be able to tell me what Satellite carries the most fta Spanish channels?

They seem to be far & between these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Here's a list of FTA Spanish channels. I'm not sure how many are easily available here.

http://en.kingofsat.net/find2.php?pos=&cl=esp&num_pays=4&num_genre=&num_crypt=1&num_standard=&ordre=freq

There are probably more that include Spanish audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

On a recently cancelled Sky box, BBC1 and others work fine, but channel 4 and e4 to name a few says you need a card to view.
    Any way to get them working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Greethill

If I terminate my Sky+ subscription will the record function on the box still work for freesat channels ??

Sorry if this question has come up before I searched buy couldn't find it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement