Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Licence Inspectors going house to house

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Got a letter addressed to the "occupants of" saying to pay the license last week. Is there anything they can do if they don't have name? Should I just ignore the letters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

SKMBT_C22012100117420.jpg

Got this flyer in the post today ... Is it for real ?

Surely they don't have to go around checking the actual piece of paper

Where were you for them terrible adds on television of inspectors speaking Chinese and polish making out they were smarter then everyone........

Here's a tip for everyone when they knock say you just moved in an your renting temporarily it works on them
    As soon as my girlfriend signed my house up to sky tv they knocked 3 weeks later told em she just moved in getting stuff sorted they said ok ain't being back in a few months they come back il answer blah blah it's worked the 4 years I've lived here

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Inspector called to my house last Saturday,left a notice to say he would be back within 7 days to inspect the licence, I had to go out and spend my dole on a licence. I wont be out of the bed till the afternoon, I guess if I miss him Ill get a summons or fine or something sent out ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You will most likely not hear from them again if you have bought your licence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Fuh Q wrote: »
    Inspector called to my house last Saturday,left a notice to say he would be back within 7 days to inspect the licence, I had to go out and spend my dole on a licence. I wont be out of the bed till the afternoon, I guess if I miss him Ill get a summons or fine or something sent out ?

Why don't you buy a couple of stamps every other week? That's what we have to do. You'll have the licence fee in six months and won't have to spend the day in bed avoiding the inspector! Stamps cost E4 each, and you can buy them as you draw your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I pay the TV licence and I always have. I don't watch RTE and wouldn't notice if they stopped broadcasting. However, what I do expect in return for my €160 is to be left alone. I do not want RTE, the Gardai, An Post or TV Licence Inspectors turning up at my door.

Got a call from the TV license man 2 weeks ago. Answered the door but when he said who it was, just closed the door. He gave us a letter saying that TV equipment was observed.

Now we got a letter saying that we have a week to pay. The letter was addressed to the "residents of the household" so surely they cant send a fine or a courts summons to a group of people. We're students living in rented accommodation btw.

Should I just stay ignoring the letters or what else can I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

clonadlad wrote: »
    Got a call from the TV license man 2 weeks ago. Answered the door but when he said who it was, just closed the door. He gave us a letter saying that TV equipment was observed.

Now we got a letter saying that we have a week to pay. The letter was addressed to the "residents of the household" so surely they cant send a fine or a courts summons to a group of people. We're students living in rented accommodation btw.

Should I just stay ignoring the letters or what else can I do?

Here's a radical suggestion for ye: Pay the bloody licence!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Jack breen

He has called to our house several times but we have large electric gates and boundry walls so its impossible for them to enter the house.

• Advertisement

Here's a radical suggestion for ye: Pay the bloody licence!!
    I never said we hadn't paid the license did I? But you're right we haven't.. :o
    Anyway, I'm just wondering can they press any legal charges or fines if they haven't got a name? It just seems a bit excessive to be paying for a full year of a license when we're leaving in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Anyway, I'm just wondering can they press any legal charges or fines if they haven't got a name? It just seems a bit excessive to be paying for a full year of a license when we're leaving in a few months.

You can move the licence to the new address you live in when you do leave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

To be taken to court they need a valid name and address on the summons.
    Can be a difficult thing to get hold of....

Advertisement