Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PARlance wrote: »
    Oh I wouldn't call it Luis or Gerrard (or a scouser name like Wayne either) anyway.
    Wouldn't want a son that hands in a transfer request after a falling out (Wayne) or because he thinks there's a better daddy out there that will give him more threats (trophies... Steven and Luis)

I think Steven has proved over the years that family always comes first and he may have briefly thought about it, but when it comes to the crunch, he would never go in search of a better daddy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Oh I wouldn't call it Luis or Gerrard (or a scouser name like Wayne either) anyway.
    Wouldn't want a son that hands in a transfer request after a falling out (Wayne) or because he thinks there's a better daddy out there that will give him more threats (trophies... Steven and Luis)

How's about....

Rio - misses his MMR injection

Patrice - great going forwards but the buggy has major issues going the other direction

Tom - would be better off if ye moved to Spain as he'd be appreciated more

Robin - doesn't play well with other kids who are invading his space

Ashley - falls over at regular intervals when no one is near him

Marouane - the hair. Nuff said

Rafael - could double as a ninja turtle or a flying full back with a penchant for seeing red

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Can't wait to pick up Pirlo's book, some of the quotes coming from it are class!

From someone that absolutely hated doing the warm up before a match, I think I love the man even more now:

On warm ups:
    "It’s nothing but masturbation for conditioning coaches."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

I got a promotion. Yeah. First one in 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

I fecking love Sunderland fc!

• Advertisement

Dealerz wrote: »
    I fecking love Sunderland fc!

I repeat......

Yes yrs yes

If there are any Stone Roses fans that haven't seen Made of Stone yet, it's on Channel 4 at 10;50 tonight!

I might need more than a few beers Foreright :D

Or led zeps celebration day on sky arts..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Are pool going to win the ****ing league.

back on our perch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

If there are any Stone Roses fans that haven't seen Made of Stone yet, it's on Channel 4 at 10;50 tonight!

If I could thank this post twice I would!!.

Went watching Layer Cake and Match of the day and forgot about it. Thank God for Channel 4 +1 so I can record it!!

Oooh...here comes "I am the Resurrection"...pretty apt for the night and the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

One of my all time favourites, cheers for that, just Recorded it........

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

And Trainspotting on after...could be late night / late Easter Sunday morning!!

Arsenium wrote: »
    If I could thank this post twice I would!!.

Went watching Layer Cake and Match of the day and forgot about it. Thank God for Channel 4 +1 so I can record it!!

Oooh...here comes "I am the Resurrection"...pretty apt for the night and the time :)

Haha, brilliant link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

A shaky end :eek::eek: to the game but another 3 points in the bag. Bring on the next game, only 3 to go. :D:D:D:D

Nerves are shot. Gonna be an alcoholic by the end of this season. .......or dead.

Lads I think league is over. Well 90% there.

The way I see it. Pool will get to 84 points.
    They will lose one.

Big ask for any other teams to get to 84 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Are pool going to win the ****ing league.

back on our perch.

Not until you get 21!

The way I see it, before Chelsea lost yesterday, Liverpool needed 10 points to guarantee the league title. After Chelsea lost, Liverpool still needed 10 points to win the league. Sure it softened Chelseas cough but if City get maximum points and Liverpool only secured 9, City would win on goal difference.

3 more in the bag today :) ...... I don't care how we get them, but I spent more time looking into the cushions of my sofa this morning than at the TV in the last 15 minutes. Which reminds me, I think I spotted a few coins down there :D

Well now we know if we beat Chelsea next week they can't catch us.

Would love to see Everton stuff the rest of Manchester but to be honest I think they will take maximum points so we really need 7 more.

Unless City suddenly turn a corner.

But can't see that pan out Stevieob.

Nothing in the form says they will win 5 games.

And I'm normally pessimistic.

I think if pool get 84 . They will win league.
    Even 83 they have a chance.

• Advertisement

I think it's over, league is won. They only need to draw with Chelsea. Crystal palace have more chance of an upset after seeing Chelsea lose to Sunderland.

etxp wrote: »
    I think it's over, league is won. They only need to draw with Chelsea. Crystal palace have more chance of an upset after seeing Chelsea lose to Sunderland.

No way guys. No room for complacency, we need to rack up them points.

It's ours to win, but we still have to close it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Gutted :(:(:(:(:(

It looks like the fantastic tenure of Moyes at Utd is coming to a premature end. He was doing such a fine job :p:p:p:p

Macker1 wrote: »
    Gutted :(:(:(:(:(

It looks like the fantastic tenure of Moyes at Utd is coming to a premature end. He was doing such a fine job :p:p:p:p

Everywhere seems to be reporting it except sky. I think after Sunday when he said we played well in the first half was ridiculous and could have sealed his fate. If he thought that was good football in my opinion he has to go. Yes they had loads of possession but they were never going anywhere with it!

Yes he is gone.

Bloke in industry told me. Normally right.

unusual for United to leak.

Ferguson made a balls of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Yes he is gone.

Hope the rumours are wrong. With three or four years worth of rebuilding, you could see them challenging for Europa League qualification on a consistent basis.;)

Yes he is gone.

The ferguson retirement leaked aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Feel bad for Moyes. Seems a good man but the wrong time. Hope he dusts himself off and secures a decent job somewhere. Job was probably bigger than he thought.

@FDP. Ferguson is allowed to make a mistake surely after all he's done? He honestly thought this was the man. I'm sure he's as saddened as anyone.

the lawman wrote: »
    Feel bad for Moyes. Seems a good man but the wrong time. Hope he dusts himself off and secures a decent job somewhere. Job was probably bigger than he thought.

@FDP. Ferguson is allowed to make a mistake surely after all he's done? He honestly thought this was the man. I'm sure he's as saddened as anyone.

Ferguson a legend,
    But his exit , That Book, His attempt to control after exit a disaster.

Of course , small in overall context.

But entirely unnecessary. And not learning from past of Manchester United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

His exit was because his wife's sister had died and it was time to step away. Not sure what's wrong with that.

Have you read the book? Not sure what all the fuss was about to be honest. It was his honest thoughts and reflections of his time as boss. Never going to please everyone but I thought it was overreacted by tabloids.

Not sure what control you speak off FDP? He is a club director so remains part of club and board.

Advertisement