Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black skinny jeans!

Options
  • 15-01-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

I am sick of buying black skinnies to get a few wears out of them, wash them ac couple of times then they are done. Washed out and baggy :mad:. Anyone any recommendations on good quality black skinny jeans? I have a budget of 70-80 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

gg2 wrote: »
    I am sick of buying black skinnies to get a few wears out of them, wash them ac couple of times then they are done. Washed out and baggy :mad:. Anyone any recommendations on good quality black skinny jeans? I have a budget of 70-80 euro

Topshop Jamie or Leigh jeans! Best money you will spend on jeans. Could wash them a thousand times and they'd never lose their shape. Will never buy jeans anywhere else. They're about €55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Do they keep their colour too?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Topshop Joni or Leigh are my favourites. I wash mine after every wear and they keep their colour fine. I turn them inside out for the wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Do they keep their colour too?

Yep I've loads of pairs some new and some years old and I can't tell which is which! They are the best jeans

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

This might be a lady specific thread but I've noticed that this is something that is happening in men's jeans too. Black jeans seem to lose shape and denim jeans tend to shrink,there's no winning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

this is not much good to anyone now, but I got a pair of black skinny jeans in AWear a few months before they closed and they are still a brilliant fit and haven't faded that much at all...about 2 years later! I wish AWear were still open :(

Topshop jeans are good too! I am always on the look out for more black jeans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

anna080 wrote: »
    Topshop Jamie or Leigh jeans! Best money you will spend on jeans. Could wash them a thousand times and they'd never lose their shape. Will never buy jeans anywhere else. They're about €55

This. I didnt believe my sister when she told me. ...until I tried them on...and fell in love. I now have three pairs! They do loads of waist and leg size combinations too

cheaper to buy from the Uk website though - £38 versus €54

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

One thing to consider when buying Topshop jeans is that the majority of their lines are 'ankle grazers' which mean they are actually shorter than regular jeans. I had to buy them in a tall so that they would sit inside my boots. Other than that I really like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Luno wrote: »
    One thing to consider when buying Topshop jeans is that the majority of their lines are 'ankle grazers' which mean they are actually shorter than regular jeans. I had to buy them in a tall so that they would sit inside my boots. Other than that I really like them.

Even better! I LOVE ankle grazers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Even better! I LOVE ankle grazers :)

I like them too just not during the winter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

marks and Spencer have jeans for under.€50 that don't fade. I have had lots of washes out if mine..great value and fit too!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

I've found my perfect fit Skinny Jeans in H and M. Super Skinny Super Low Rise ones at only 24.99 or something like that. The black ones are lovely. They do fade eventually but at that price not too expensive to replace.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got a pair of Hilfiger Denim black skinnies and they are amazing! Still jet black after lots of washes and a really good fit. Expensive at €99 through.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I've been struggling to find a good source of jeans since AWear closed - I found them brilliant and very affordable. I was quite disappointed with the Topshop jeans when i bought them and found that, while they kept their shape, they faded much more than I'd have expected and they weren't washed all that often. I've just bought pair in New Look that were much cheaper, so I'm interested to see how they wear.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

convert wrote: »
    I've been struggling to find a good source of jeans since AWear closed - I found them brilliant and very affordable. I was quite disappointed with the Topshop jeans when i bought them and found that, while they kept their shape, they faded much more than I'd have expected and they weren't washed all that often. I've just bought pair in New Look that were much cheaper, so I'm interested to see how they wear.

same here re; the Awear Jeans. If I'd known they were closing when I bought them, I would have bought more! lol

I too can't find a pair I like/or can afford and I too need to find a good fitting black pair of skinneys that don't fade...and fit a 5'4 shortie LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Pacsun & River island are amazing for black skinnies!! Also h&m too. But pacsun and Ri are my favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

convert wrote: »

My New Look ones had awful colour transfer and faded really quickly :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

My New Look ones had awful colour transfer and faded really quickly :(

I've washed mine about 4 times thus far, and so far so good. I've not noticed any colour transfer or fading, but then again I've only washed mine with other jeans, and at 40 degrees max, so I'll see how it goes. The blue and navy pairs I've bought there are perfect after a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

I'm a 5'4 shortie too and I love love love the Topshop Leigh skinny jeans. They do something magical to me. I feel like they stretch me out, they're perfect with ankle boots too. I have them in 3 colours- blue, burgundy and black. Very flattering indeed. I've heard great things about M&S jeans too but I've yet to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Everyone keeps raving about the '5 pocket jeggings' from m&s.
    I've been waiting for the indigo colour to come into stock in my colour since July!!!!

• Advertisement

I'm a 5'4 shortie too and I love love love the Topshop Leigh skinny jeans. They do something magical to me. I feel like they stretch me out, they're perfect with ankle boots too. I have them in 3 colours- blue, burgundy and black. Very flattering indeed. I've heard great things about M&S jeans too but I've yet to try.

my local Topshop concession store doesn't have a very good range of jeans at the moment, and no sign of Leigh black ones. They have plenty of ones with rips in the knees, which at my age I am not so keen on anymore! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Yeah I can just about do Leigh skinny but I'm barely get my arm through the other skinny Topshop jeans. I'm defo past rips and tears too. I have different sizes of some of my Leigh jeans. Unfortunately they're not jeans you can buy online as I've found the jeans can differ in size even if I had fitted and bought the same size before. Sometimes I had lost weight and I still couldn't fit into my size.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭izzyregan

koolis02 wrote: »
    Pacsun & River island are amazing for black skinnies!! Also h&m too. But pacsun and Ri are my favourites

Do Pacsun deliver to Ireland now. I remember that shop when I was in the USA.. great jeans!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

rustyzip wrote: »
    Everyone keeps raving about the '5 pocket jeggings' from m&s.
    I've been waiting for the indigo colour to come into stock in my colour since July!!!!

Size 10, 12, 14 available on the UK site and reduced to £18... Parcel Motel if you're one of those sizes?

I have a pair of them - I like them, but wish they nipped in more at the waist. Need a 12 for muscular legs but the waist and arse are a bit too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

River Island Tube Pants. They are AMAZING! No front pockets, but 2 back pockets and a great high waist on them..

And if anyone has black jeans that fit great but are no longer black- dye them!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Size 10, 12, 14 available on the UK site and reduced to £18... Parcel Motel if you're one of those sizes?

I have a pair of them - I like them, but wish they nipped in more at the waist. Need a 12 for muscular legs but the waist and arse are a bit too big.

I'm looking for an 8 short in indigo... seems like they never have them in stock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The last black skinny jeans I bought were from New Look about 4 months ago and have worn them a lot since then and they have really held their colour well. They are the Super Soft Skinny black jeans, I bought them in England for £19.99. I don't know what the difference is between the material they're made from and other jeans but the material is lovely and thick and doesn't come out of the wash all creased with grey/white marks from the creases.
    Definitely the best pair of black jeans I've owned and a great price.

Dorothy Perkins black jeans are terrible and fade after 1 or 2 washes, their other jeans are good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sliimbo96

Topman/Topshop skinny jeans are easily the best, bought from a lot of brands over the last few years but topman are hands down the best by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

H&M do a great jean jegging for Eur 15 - I had the M&S ones and these are much better (pull up better over stomach, no transfer of dye onto legs like the M&S ones and no fading so far).

The navy ones are great but I have had no luck with different colours as the denim was different - even two sizes up didn't fit me but so are things in H&M!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

My month old black jeggings from Dorothy Perkins ripped last night. They were all faded too despite washing inside out! Not impressed. :mad:

Not sure I'm the right shape for Topshop. :/

Advertisement