Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Joey Badass' album leaked. I'm hearing some really good things about it, have it preordered though so going to hold off until then to give it a spin.

This came out late last year but I've just seen it..T-Pain going in! Never knew dude could rap like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Forget Joey Badass album. Lupe's new album is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

MD1990 wrote: »
    Forget Joey Badass album. Lupe's new album is great.

Both good, but definitely enjoyed Lupe's more.

A$AP Yams has died. While he wasn't a rapper he was pretty much the reason for Rocky blowing up, spearheaded the whole thing from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Absolutely loving the Joey Bada$$ album, best thing to come out of New York in a long time IMO. Loving the few Biggie references throughout the album. You can feel his influences throughout it as well, a few songs remind me a bit of some of the early duck down releases, think he even gives a nod to early Outkast on escape 120? The highlights for me are Paper Trails and Hazeus View.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

enjoyin the new Joey Badass
    also liking the new EP by Canadian Emcee Caspian , EP called felix Slang .

What do you do on the day you drop your first album? Drop even more new music :pac:

https://www.soundcloud.com/proeraradio/bornday-prod-by-statik-selektah

this dropped yesterday ,Premo with UK'S 4 best emcess

head noddin sh1t

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Eligh is a rapper/producer who has been around for years now. His album last year with The Grouch was great, but from what he has released this year, things are really starting to fall into place for him.

Here's his latest track:

And he dropped a free instrumental album the other day that is lovely.

http://eligh.bandcamp.com/album/gandalfs-trunk-machine

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Devostator

The top of my head, the albums I'm looking forward to this year are:

Doomtree
    Kendrick
    Lil' Dicky
    Pete Rock & Primo
    One Be Lo
    Gibbs

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Devostator wrote: »
    The top of my head, the albums I'm looking forward to this year are:

Doomtree
    Kendrick
    Lil' Dicky
    Pete Rock & Primo
    One Be Lo
    Gibbs

All Hands is streaming now on Pandora.

Make sure to turn on Hola to get region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I have to say I really enjoyed lupe's album, although I do think he's jacked a few rappers flows so to speak, most notably officer rick ross on a few songs, other than that its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Don't know how I was sleeping on Joey Bada$$ but god damn! Glad I peeped the album on iTunes today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

The new Doomtree is excellent as is that Eligh's instrumental album. Another joint I really liked was another free EP by Asian rapper Bambu called 5am in Manila. Stream here: http://www.rawdrive.com/2015/01/06/bambu-5am-in-manila-ep/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I must check this joey badass fella out. I don't know what it is, but in the last year or two I've virtually no desire to listen to any of the new artists, I just stick to what I know.

I must check this joey badass fella out. I don't know what it is, but in the last year or two I've virtually no desire to listen to any of the new artists, I just stick to what I know.

Joey is great, only partially listened to the new album and sounds decent.

I go through phases of not listening to anything new as well, had a big spell of it last year.

I've just uploaded my latest Hiphop
    http://www.mixcloud.com/sean-mckevitt/real-hiphop-on-fire-episode-9/
    hope you'll check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slim1996

Looking forward to Travis Scott's debut album Rodeo the most this year been an OG fan of his for a good few years and can gurantee his album wont disapoint. The 2 tracks hes dropped for it so far (high fashion & have been fire + after he said it is better than Days Before Rodeo which was one of the best projects of 2014 I can't wait. Kanye, Big sean, Bon Iver, James Blake, Jay Z, Drake, Meek Mill, Weekend, PND & Young Thug all worked on tracks with him for it so will be nice to see what ones make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

First single off the new Cannibal Ox record;

Decent beats with solid stuff from Vast and Vordul, DOOM verse is cool too. Looking forward to this (and maybe a live show?)

• Advertisement

New Spose & Cam Groves track

I got excited by that CanOx track, but then got bored of it quick enough.
    Vordul isn't the rapper he used to be. VA is just repeating himself these days. The beat is trying to match Cold Vein standards. Even DOOM is fairly average on it.

Some new ish I came accross today. First up is a new track from SHIRT.....i know, Boom_Bap posts up another obscure rapper, but if you havnt been listening to SHIRT (formerly t-shirt) then you really should.

https://soundcloud.com/ps4080/shirt-i-dont-like-lorde

Open Mike Eagle also dropped a new EP that is real nice.

https://openmikeeagle360.bandcamp.com/album/a-special-episode-of-ep

His album from last year is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

On the latest episode of F*ck, That's Delicious, you can see Alchemist and Bronson making that track.....all while he was roasting cauliflower.

The reaction after they record it is great, it's along the lines of they made a dope track, but cant submit to the label because there is no chorus and too short.

Rapper Big Pooh & Apollo Brown have announced a 9 track EP together for next month. Here's a track from it:

https://soundcloud.com/mellomusicgroup/rapper-big-pooh-stop-feat-steve-roxx-prod-apollo-brown-1

OOooohhh, a new little EP/Album from SHIRT

http://worksite.info/#

(Play button is in the top right corner)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

That Can Ox track just screams "we're trying too hard to do Cold Vein 2"...that would be dope if it happened 10 years ago. I agree Mega sounds very tired now, Vast Aire is hit and miss for me and I have lost interest in DOOM a while ago now and he sounded weak on the guest verse. Such a shame the new record will be poor as The Cold Vein is one of if not the best underground album of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Don't listen next to an open flame or pregnant women, Kendrick goes IN! :P

I havent listened to the new Kenn Starr album yet, but this is a great track from it. Beat by Black Milk who is edging into my top 5 producers list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Advertisement