Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I got my hurr did. The stylist said I had to go out because of the blow dry. But I went for a nap and now it's all mussed up. I'm still gonna go for a few quiet ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Even my teeth hurt. Weep!

Anyone want to make some Netflix recommendations for while I'm in my sickbed? I have Irish/Uk/US. I've seen Orange is the new black, The Killing, The Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Roesy wrote: »

Anyone want to make some Netflix recommendations for while I'm in my sickbed? I have Irish/Uk/US. I've seen Orange is the new black, The Killing, The Bridge.

Scandal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

House of Cards maybe? :) I've rewatched them all in advance of season 3 being dropped next month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Luther. If you want easy watching the vampire diaries and pretty little liars. The us version has the Gilmore girls.

Brooklyn nine nine is funny too, seems to me like good sick bed tv

Might give Scandal a go.

Have seen House of Cards. Didn't realise the new season was next month. Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Roesy wrote: »

Have you seen house of cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lillehammer if you want something different. It's like a sopranos lite and is set in Norway. Stevie van zandt is the lead. It's funny too!

If you want a proper laugh, arrested development!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I second Arrested Development, and also Parks and Recreation on the US Netflix - they're both hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Pretty Little Liars. Guilty pleasure. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Pretty Little Liars. Guilty pleasure. :D

I've been watching this. I'm not sure why. But I'm unable to stop.

It's like a little respite in between Sons of Anarchy episodes.

Love arrested development and parks and rec! Just spotted there's a season of Luther I haven't seen. Yay! Keep meaning to give Lillehammer a look. Have seen a bit of Brooklyn nine nine. Might go back to it. Reserving judgement on Pretty little liars. Watched the first episode in my fevered state and not sure if I'll like it. Is Suits any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I thought Suits was brilliant. Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Oh yeah, Suits is good from the couple of seasons I've seen of it.

Now, I'm not recommending Pretty Little Liars as a quality show. It's not the best show ever, but if you suspend your sense of reality just a tiny bit, it's good for an escape for an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

God I love Pretty Little Liars. New episodes air in the US on Tuesday nights and are uploaded to Irish netflix on Thursday mornings, so I watch them on the bus on the way to Dublin and it sets me up well for the day :D

Has anyone watched How To Get Away With Murder? It's next on my list!

• Advertisement

God I love Pretty Little Liars. New episodes air in the US on Tuesday nights and are uploaded to Irish netflix on Thursday mornings, so I watch them on the bus on the way to Dublin and it sets me up well for the day :D

Has anyone watched How To Get Away With Murder? It's next on my list!

Oh my god, I binge watched it in a day and didn't even feel guilty. It's UNREAL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Have you seen Broadchurch? It's excellent.

Whiplash. What an amazing film!

I saw Wild, with reese witherspoon. I really liked it. hiking the PCT pls

bluewolf wrote: »
    I saw Wild, with reese witherspoon. I really liked it. hiking the PCT pls

I saw it too.

Fantastic film

• Advertisement

It was really interesting seeing the photos of the woman - reese really did wear the same hair and tshirts! :)

I actually like the latest taylor swift song. What is going on :eek:

Wild was great also... the first film in ages that I didn't want to end. So many pretty places!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

bluewolf wrote: »
    I actually like the latest taylor swift song. What is going on :eek:

I'm so into her lately! Since this new album, her whole embrace of feminism and standing up for herself in the media. This is a Taylor Swift I can get on board with. :)

(Also helps that the songs she's released off the new album so far are massively catchy too!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Was at a teacher conference yesterday, so many decent freebies!! Finally saw Wicked Friday night, it was amazing!

Did absolutely nothing all day today, dozed for most of it and now have a pile of work to get done before the morning when I just want to sleep!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I saw wild and loved it.

I also love the new Taylor album, but I don't think it beats her last album Red.

I can't sleep, boo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Was at a teacher conference yesterday

That reminds me... I've been giving grinds to leaving cert students through a voluntary position I'm in (thanks for the advice you pm'ed me Rebel Girl.) I've been loving it.

In other news the compliments I've been getting since I got my haircut have been such an ego boost. I think I have to completely readdress how I see myself, and how I think other people see me. For the first time in a long time I'm starting to think I don't look awful. And it's a really weird feeling, that I might even be attractive to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I love Taylor Swift. Not necessarily mad about her songs, although they are super catchy, but I think she is CLASS lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I <3 Taylor Swift.

Always have!!

I am so exhausted today I just want to crawl under my desk and snooze. Have an eye test at 5, not sure how I will keep my eyes open long enough for them to test them :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Speaking of Taylor Swift, I caught my dad listening to her last weekend! :o:o

He'd read that she had the biggest selling album of the year in the US so he decided to give it a listen! Suppose it makes a change from the likes of Leonard Cohen!

That's some contrast :D

I forgot my ipod at home today so now I've no music for the bus. I'm so sad
    /insert pic of fwp lady

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

misslt wrote: »
    I <3 Taylor Swift.

Always have!!

I am so exhausted today I just want to crawl under my desk and snooze. Have an eye test at 5, not sure how I will keep my eyes open long enough for them to test them :p

I hate eye tests... I genuinely get so confused. "Is that better or worse than the last one? Better. What about this one? Worse. And is it better than the first one?" "I don't know I can't remember!!

I hate eye tests... I genuinely get so confused. "Is that better or worse than the last one? Better. What about this one? Worse. And is it better than the first one?" "I don't know I can't remember!!

And they never seem to believe you if you tell them they look exactly the same!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

And they never seem to believe you if you tell them they look exactly the same!

I do, I swear!!!!

Daisies wrote: »
    I do, I swear!!!!

Well I'll be coming to see you next time I need an eye test, so! Mine always looks so suspicious or something...."are you SURE they look the same?"

Just tell me what you want me to say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

The last time I had an eye test, I couldn't concentrate on the bit where they sit really close to you because the optician had this gorgeous engagement ring and I kept trying to look at it :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Well I'll be coming to see you next time I need an eye test, so! Mine always looks so suspicious or something...."are you SURE they look the same?"

Just tell me what you want me to say!!

Do I'll be very patient swearsies. Although, a lot will depend on my patient before you :P

Happy Birthday Ivy :D

Happy birthday ivyyyyy :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Woo woo. Happy Birthday Ivy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Thank you! :)

Happy birthday, Ivy!

Ugh, out in ucd to study and while sitting eating my lunch and listening to the people around me, I have concluded that first year university students look 15, are bítchy arseholes, have weird dress sense (the eighties and early nineties threw up in here on kids who were not BORN last time these looks were in) and a good few of them are actually dense.

Example:
    Boy: "Weren't you in the Black Forest over the holidays?"
    Girl: "Omg, ya! Except there was snow everywhere so it was white and not black!"

This was not a pithy joke. The future of Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I felt the same way about a lot of UCD students back in the day when I was there :pac:

I felt the same way about a lot of UCD students back in the day when I was there :pac:

I think I'm turning into a grumpy auld one. I want to put coats on half of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I swear we're not all bad :o:pac:

Happy birthday Ivy!!!

Curse you people who recommended Pretty Little Liars! I was unconvinced by the first episode and then the amount of people talking about it here convinced me to keep going with it. I'm starting to recover from the flu but I need to see what happens next. I've binge watched over the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

What a day - yesterday ended up with a student going off in an ambulance after being in my room, diabetic not taking care of herself, today was a student verbally abusing another teacher lesson before lunch, and I was the only staff member around to try and get rid of said student after the lesson, then had one of my form class be very ill at 1.15, all shaking like a panic attack though generally there is a trigger with her, but nothing, so got had to ring our year head to get her sent home and then take her over to the office to then have to deal with previous student coming back and trying to have a right go at the staff member when I returned to the maths building, and then try to argue with me, and barge past me to get to the member of staff, laughing and giggling at the whole thing because she was upset, then having to email all that though to her year head following it up with a phone call.

Then 140 odd year 7s try to get though a double door at the same time, and I shouting at them to move away, someone is seriously going to get hurt if we can't change things, lesson starts at 2, warning bell at 1.55 yet they are ALL there at 1.45!!!!!!! Was nearly hoarse shouting at them. While outside with them had to deal with a bullying issue, so took her name and notified heads of year. Had to try and teach my class of year 7's with their books not marked cos I was going doing them at lunch, then spoke to the year 7 girl who was in tears because of the issue outside, and had to walk her out to the school gate and speak to her father - he rang her to see where she was and I askde her to ask him to come down to collect her just to ensure her safety. Back to the building then to speak for 45 minutes with the staff member and friend I mentioned earlier, and it felt that she was becoming angry with me, which was hard to take. She lost her father about a month ago, so she is basically the breadwinner in the family now, a Muslim family, and all the cultural things that go with that.

And I have 55 year 8 reports, which each have 13 parts to complete by 2pm tomorrow - I don't drink alcohol, but I think I may need a stiff drink after all of today

//end rant

tl;dr hugely stressful day at work in the space of two hours, and no lunch, which makes me worse!

Love coming home to find my tyre has gone flat during the day. Never changed one alone before. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Happy birthday Ivy.

So, I'm job-hunting again. I found out today that I'm finishing in three weeks. :(

Happy birthday Ivy.

So, I'm job-hunting again. I found out today that I'm finishing in three weeks. :(

Orrr go to Canada :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I've already found some jobs that I'm considering applying for. Could have to move but so be it. I'm trying to think of it as the start of a new adventure rather than getting stressed over it. So, it's scary and exciting at the same time. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement