Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIT general chit chat thread

Options
  • 03-09-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭

Introduce yourself here! Perhaps talk about societies you've joined at LIT or if you're involved with LIT Star.

You get the idea!

rainbow66666

Hey guys, just moved up to Limerick there today and quit my band to come up here but i really don't want to stop playing music, any drummers guitarists or singers looking to start a band? I myself am a bass player ( www.youtube.com/4stringsjo ) and would love a band to mess around with do some covers write some material and just pretty much have a laugh whilst enjoying college life, anyone interested?

Im doing multimedia programming and design starting the 17th like most people

Join the music society when you start :)

Your post gave me an idea so I've started a new thread where can people can talk about LIT societies and other shenanigans that goes on in and around the college. Apologies for making an arse of your post too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Anyone here doing Business with Event Management?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mavis93

If you register online, that means you don't have to register in the college on the 10th, right? And do you have to have paid with the online registration to get the timetables?.. Or is it that they're not up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mavis93 wrote: »
    If you register online, that means you don't have to register in the college on the 10th, right? And do you have to have paid with the online registration to get the timetables?.. Or is it that they're not up yet?

You don't get the timetable until you go the college I think. They are only provisional too and won't be finalised until October. That's the way it was when I was there anyway.

I remember going to Limerick the Sunday night, going to LIT monday to be told I wasn't in until Wednesday. Went home that Monday, played a soccer match and went back down to Limerick on Tuesday!

Mars Bar wrote: »

You don't get the timetable until you go the college I think. They are only provisional too and won't be finalised until October. That's the way it was when I was there anyway.

I remember going to Limerick the Sunday night, going to LIT monday to be told I wasn't in until Wednesday. Went home that Monday, played a soccer match and went back down to Limerick on Tuesday!

Thanks for all of this, really helpful! Ohh really? I'm moving down on Sunday.. Think there'll be enough to keep me occupied until everything kicks off?

Thanks for all of this, really helpful! Ohh really? I'm moving down on Sunday.. Think there'll be enough to keep me occupied until everything kicks off?

When does college start?

• Advertisement

All I know is that induction for me starts on the 11th.. I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

still is like that. 1st day has introduction meetings with class heads, department heads etc, nobody gets timetable until the 2nd day and that timetable's provisional and could changed 7/8 times in 1st few weeks. my timetable in 1st year changed 6 times in 1st month
    there will be plenty to keep you occupied. get to know the city and how to get to all the pubs, shops etc, go visit thomond park if interested.
    When does college start?
    1st years in next week. everyone else is back the 17th

I don't like the sound of the timetable changes.. must be hectic :/ All the fb statuses from everyone who has started college already are killing me XD I know it's only a few more days wait , but still!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Anyone have a list of what society's there is? Can't seem to find one

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

I was wondering is there a music society and what does it entail? cause im a musician €and would really like to start another band up here :)

• Advertisement

Yes there is a music society. I think they meet up and do jam sessions. There'll also be the LIT Star so you can get a band together with the aim of entering that.

What exactly is LIT Star?

LITs competition to decide who represents the college in a national singing competition between all the ITs

ormond lad wrote: »
    LITs competition to decide who represents the college in a national singing competition between all the ITs

It's also where the second and third years of the Music Tech and Video courses get some hands on experience.

Sounds great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I don't like the sound of the timetable changes.. must be hectic :/ All the fb statuses from everyone who has started college already are killing me XD I know it's only a few more days wait , but still!

My timetable was never changed that much as far as I can remember - just switched lectures here and there - not altering it too much :)

What course did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Doing Marketing & Management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Anyone here doing Business with Event Management?

Yeah, mature student here. Think I'm the only one in the class. This will be fun. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Everybody ready?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Yo yo yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attention all students!

LITS Best and craziest society will be on the street next week!

LIT Outdoor club brings a great close knit feel to a interesting way to get outside and try new thing with a great bunch of people!

I made this teaser for the lads this year and i said ill throw it up so you can see what its like!

https://vimeo.com/49333578

had induction, met loads of new people and had a great time :D can't wait to get back! Had a look at the timetable and it's not looking too bad! From what I see, I'm off on Fridays, but I'm so on edge that it's gonna change! And what do groups A and B mean? I looked at the timetables for both groups and they're both the same?

had induction, met loads of new people and had a great time :D can't wait to get back! Had a look at the timetable and it's not looking too bad! From what I see, I'm off on Fridays, but I'm so on edge that it's gonna change! And what do groups A and B mean? I looked at the timetables for both groups and they're both the same?
    The groups are you're tutorial groups. tutorials wont start until sometime in october. Lecturers will divide ye into groups but usually tutorial groups are are divided alphabetically
    If timetable doesnt change and you've friday off you're sorted for going out every thursday night:D

Bet ya a tenner you'll end up with a tutorial on Friday's!

I had Friday's off in first year. :cool: Group A had a lab at 9 a.m.

what exactly are tutorials? does it add much to the timetable?

what exactly are tutorials? does it add much to the timetable?

They are the two hour slots that you do your practical work in. You should have 23 or 24 hours in your timetable.

and when they start, do they last for the year?

and when they start, do they last for the year?

October time usually. They'll last all year, every year.

Go to all of them as attendance in them is important. You'll pick up ridiculously easy marks by just being there.

Thanks for the heads up :D now you really have me on edge that one of them will be on Friday XD Are the lecturers generally good?

• Advertisement

You should be looking forward to going, not looking for days off! :P

You have your good and not so good like every college. Stay on their good side and you'll be fine.

Advertisement