Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Seen a lot of unusual sh1t in pub games recently, and I'd put it down to people trying to emulate the pro games with mixed degrees of success. Safelaned against an axe/omni that tanked creeps between the T1/T2 towers and ruined us. We lost the tower in minutes (mid ignored our calls for help). Similar axe/other support setups tried the same thing but completely fecked it up more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

We lost the tower in minutes (mid ignored our calls for help).

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Seen a lot of unusual sh1t in pub games recently, and I'd put it down to people trying to emulate the pro games with mixed degrees of success. Safelaned against an axe/omni that tanked creeps between the T1/T2 towers and ruined us. We lost the tower in minutes (mid ignored our calls for help). Similar axe/other support setups tried the same thing but completely fecked it up more often than not.

That's fairly standard picks (also Abba/Axe) and there's lots of ways to counter that. That being said if nobody else acknowledges actions on the map then you're doomed from the start.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got to experience the other side of the X vs PA with PMS mid match up after randoming PA. It's pretty glorious.

http://dotaflame.com/match/detail/791679020

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Looks like you made the other team cry.

What is dotaflame btw? Never seen it before. Just an alternative to dotafire?

Looks like you made the other team cry.

What is dotaflame btw? Never seen it before. Just an alternative to dotafire?
    It was the easiest mid match up I've played in a while, PMS + lvl 1 blur vs a invoker who went QW. He cold snapped me at lvl 3 while I was tanking some creeps. I lost 150 hp or so. Idk what dotafire is but dotaflame has some handy details. I got slightly worried when their AM had treads RoH at 0530 or so but then he started farming in silly locations.

• Advertisement

brace yourself for ti4 final mark II

yvPXZeQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

That comic was the antifunny. :(

http://dotabuff.com/matches/797516810

Don't think I'll play anymore after that. It will never get better! :D

This was a pretty good game, enemy randomed OD. Noone else seemed to want to lane against that **** so I went bear to see how it would be. Even, then I double entangled him at lvl 5 -> ded. Then CM and I ran at him when I was 6. A completely hilarious 30s juke at sub 200hp on top around secret shop around 1320.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/801830144

Bearman is one of the few who wreck OD.

Kunkka wrote: »
    Bearman is one of the few who wreck OD.

Laning wise, I think the cs war leans towards od a bit but bear can just run at him @ 5. Burning vs rtz was about the same lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

Just an fyi guys, there's a facebook page called "This is Irish Dota 2", if you're interested you should join it, Good craic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Enjoying a lot of wins as of late, finally getting my mmr back to where it was. I crashed so hard on 6.79 :P No doubt I'll crash on 6.82 whenever that comes out but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well I've finished my first 10 games, put in 21 hours and I still have no idea whether I like this game or not. I'd be done with most console games at that timeframe but I still haven't even scratched the surface here and have little idea what I'm at still. I did just get to level 25 for the first time and get more kills - 17 - than I have before so I guess I'm doing something right.

Well I've finished my first 10 games, put in 21 hours and I still have no idea whether I like this game or not. I'd be done with most console games at that timeframe but I still haven't even scratched the surface here and have little idea what I'm at still. I did just get to level 25 for the first time and get more kills - 17 - than I have before so I guess I'm doing something right.

You should come join us. A lot better in groups :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I quit heroes of newerth about 2 years ago coz i was too addicted. had like 3000 hours.

installed dota a few weeks ago, already got 100 games played :(

probably coz its 80% the same heroes/items so im not that bad. I was always average at HoN but it seems the lower level players here are a lot newer to the genre than was the case in HoN, nearly everyone there played dota.

Played a TA vs OD mid earlier, was surprisingly easy, bottle stick + timing regen with astral -int means that I always had refraction to CS with. I don't think the OD played his side particularly well though. On the other hand, I'm on board the MMR escalator of ember spirit.

Does the player quality increase a lot when you can start playing ranked ?

IMO yes but the toxicity increases too.

Spunge wrote: »
    I quit heroes of newerth about 2 years ago coz i was too addicted. had like 3000 hours.

installed dota a few weeks ago, already got 100 games played :(

probably coz its 80% the same heroes/items so im not that bad. I was always average at HoN but it seems the lower level players here are a lot newer to the genre than was the case in HoN, nearly everyone there played dota.

I came to DOTA from HOn too. I was a HoN mess about 4 years ago. God I miss Puppet Master and Maliken

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Kunkka wrote: »
    I came to DOTA from HOn too. I was a HoN mess about 4 years ago. God I miss Puppet Master and Maliken

Electrician was the man.
    and of course in the beta - "Choose Wisely SCOUT"
    beta engineer was probably the most broken hero I've ever used. the doom turret was hilarious.
    HoN was fine but I dunno, DotA was just better. I did like the options to concede though. Worked just fine in that game without (much) drama but in the troll centric game that is dota nowadays it would be abused to f**k

Does the player quality increase a lot when you can start playing ranked ?
    No, your MMR is what it is. If you're solo queuing you should mostly get 1-2 member parties in there, sometimes a 4 member party in unranked, which can screw the MMR balance. Ranked tries to prevent it but its MMR spread allowance is still huge.

Im finding the community 90% nice so far. HoN was pretty bad all the way through. In HoN I always wished concede and total KDR stats were removed as they make people play too safe and not take risks as it would mess with their stats and with concede they use it too early too often. The most fun games are the comebacks ! So this is nice difference in dota 2. Though i wouldnt mind seeing my total KDA even just for myself.

Im finding the community 90% nice so far. HoN was pretty bad all the way through. In HoN I always wished concede and total KDR stats were removed as they make people play too safe and not take risks as it would mess with their stats and with concede they use it too early too often. The most fun games are the comebacks ! So this is nice difference in dota 2. Though i wouldnt mind seeing my total KDA even just for myself.

Check http://www.dotabuff.com/

I agree the reason I love dota 2 is the comebacks, I hate playing with people that give up straight away.

• Advertisement

Yeah i found it on a google search cheers. Nice to have.

Only just realised lich is plague rider. Also least played mode is great. Addiction is in full swing. Dont even want to tell you how many games in the last few days.

Advertisement