Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The YooToob thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Drifting takes a lot of skills and control, where as monster trucks just run into **** and hope they don't flip over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

The thing that is more concerning is the proximity of the fans to the area and how low they are, I thought after that accident many many years ago, no fan was allowed to site lower the the height of the truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Driving through the bridge in Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Story found here DailyMail.

Not the best source.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Why did they swarm the RR in the first place?

• Advertisement

There has to be something missing from the start of the video as it seems unprovoked otherwise.

So it seems he accidentally bumped one biker, and didn't stop. TBH, I would be reluctant to stop too when faced with that level of intimidation.

Every one of those bikers should be charged IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with things,those Bikers need a lesson in the difference between right and wrong. Smashing the windows of a range rover with a kid inside is a disgrace no matter what he did wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

tossy wrote: »
    There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with things,those Bikers need a lesson in the difference between right and wrong. Smashing the windows of a range rover with a kid inside is a disgrace no matter what he did wrong.

I hope they dragged him out of the RR and kicked the **** into him, he drove over two bikes with lads on them.

I hope they dragged him out of the RR and kicked the **** into him, he drove over two bikes with lads on them.

He was surrounded by a large gang of angry bikers with his wife and young child in the car. If I had to make a quick decision, drive over bikers or possibly get stabbed in front of my wife and child (all it takes is one headcase in the pack), I'd drive over the mob every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

He was surrounded by a large gang of angry bikers with his wife and young child in the car. If I had to make a quick decision, drive over bikers or possibly get stabbed in front of my wife and child (all it takes is one headcase in the pack), I'd drive over the bikers every time.

That's why you would get bet up too so.

He drove over two bikes with guys on them. The weight of that RR, he is lucky he is not in prison now for the man slaughter of two guys. It could have easily gone another way.

He drove over two bikes with guys on them. The weight of that RR, he is lucky he is not in prison now for the man slaughter of two guys. It could have easily gone another way.

Them or me.

According to reports the RR driver is in a coma and at least one biker was killed.

ARGINITE wrote: »
    According to reports the RR driver is in a coma and at least one biker was killed.

Ah, that's a different story - the DM report states the RR driver was the only casualty - from the police report.

I could be wrong as I read that version online from a random blog.

"Exact details are still coming in, but what we know so far is that one biker was killed after being run over by the SUV during an annual bike gathering. The driver was apparently trying to escape biker intimidation with his wife and child."

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

According to the Daily Mail article, the cops have flatly denied anyone was killed, and the driver has lacerations.

However I'd love to know what happened just prior, because the bikers orchestrated the stop. The bikes in front are stopping even as the RR nudges the bike that brake tests him, then they surround the RR. I'd say that he was probably in a certain amount of fear (justified or not) that they were going to as wotzgoingon puts it "drag him out of the RR and kicked the **** into him". Proportional? Hard to say, depends on what is being said to him, whether there were actually guys on the bikes in front of him, how much danger he felt his family was in.

Edit looks like the DailyMail was right no one but the drivers of the RR was injured.

Wexfordian wrote: »
    According to the Daily Mail article, the cops have flatly denied anyone was killed, and the driver has lacerations.

However I'd love to know what happened just prior, because the bikers orchestrated the stop. The bikes in front are stopping even as the RR nudges the bike that brake tests him, then they surround the RR. I'd say that he was probably in a certain amount of fear (justified or not) that they were going to as wotzgoingon puts it "drag him out of the RR and kicked the **** into him". Proportional? Hard to say, depends on what is being said to him, whether there were actually guys on the bikes in front of him, how much danger he felt his family was in.

Driver watching every angle for bikers and bumped one? Easily done when you have them coming from all directions.

tossy wrote: »

Smashing the windows of a range rover with kids inside is nothing comparing to running over few people.
    Imagine you are riding bikes with your friend, and some maniac runs over few of you. Would you just let him go?

They had to stop him some way.

CiniO wrote: »
    Smashing the windows of a range rover with kids inside is nothing comparing to running over few people.
    Imagine you are riding bikes with your friend, and some maniac runs over few of you. Would you just let him go?

The bikers started damaging the RR when the drivers stopped the first time BEFORE the RR drove off and over their bikes only.

Also I was wrong the only one that was injured in the incident was the RR driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

Driver watching every angle for bikers and bumped one? Easily done when you have them coming from all directions.

I'd entirely agree with that, and in fact I think he did quite well at that point considering the amount he was having to watch at the same time. But that motorcyclist was intent on stopping the RR, as I say when the RR bumps the bike, the other motorcyclist ahead of him are already slowing to a halt.

But by prior I mean before the start of the video. The biker he eventually bumps is engaged in verbals with him prior to the stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

****ing prat of a driver.

Them or me was it?

Real ****ing big of him in his RR v a bike.

"possibly get stabbed"?

gtfo. Way to stereotype.

and the driver was a middle lane hogger :)

Wexfordian wrote: »
    I'd entirely agree with that, and in fact I think he did quite well at that point considering the amount he was having to watch at the same time. But that motorcyclist was intent on stopping the RR, as I say when the RR bumps the bike, the other motorcyclist ahead of him are already slowing to a halt.

But by prior I mean before the start of the video. The biker he eventually bumps is engaged in verbals with him prior to the stop.

That's what is reported to have happened, he bumped one and others responded by damaging the car.

CiniO wrote: »

So you are saying they are justified? A few of them seemed to be wearing helmet cams so it should have all been caught on video. Just go to the police and the Range rover driver will be dealt with. There is no justification for what they did they should all be charged with something - Mob mentality gone wrong.

That's all i'm going to say on it as you are king of the tit for tat debates on boards and i haven't got the time in my day to get drawn into one. :D

The bikers started damaging the RR when the drivers stopped the first time BEFORE the RR drove off and over their bikes only.

Also I was wrong the only one that was injured in the incident was the RR driver.

Looks like different sources tell different stories.

Anyway - if that's true that he just accidentally hit one motorbiker, and then crowd of other bikers run towards him to destroy his vehicle - then indeed it was difficult situation for him to stop or run away.
    But running away by running over some biker, was utterly stupid.
    He should have known he had no chance to run away anyway.

kaimera wrote: »
    ****ing prat.

Them or me was it?

Real ****ing big of him in his RR v a bike.

"possibly get stabbed"?

gtfo. Way to stereotype.

and the driver was a middle lane hogger :)

It's not Vs. a bike though, it's Vs. an angry mob. Doesn't matter if they're bikers or joggers.

BTW, stereotype? Isn't that the whole point of wearing a back patch or 'kutte', or Battle Jacket? To display membership of a club with a reputation for violence? :pac:

Possibly the stupidest/most immature posts i've read this week,are you 12 with posters of gixxers on your wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

It's not Vs. a bike though, it's Vs. an angry mob. Doesn't matter if they're bikers or joggers.

BTW, stereotype? Isn't that the whole point of wearing a back patch or 'kutte', or Battle Jacket? To display membership of a club with a reputation for violence? :pac:
    Wasn't an angry mob until the driver hit the bike and then drove over x of them.

ha, perhaps, wasn't into bike clubs :)

To be fair, it did look like the bike brake checked the driver so the video is prolly misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Near the start of that video one motorcyclist pulls in front of that three-ton behemoth and brakes to within centimeters of the bumper. A dog with a mallet up his furken hole knows enough to stay away from large wagons like that and give them their space on the road. Do I think the Rangie driver should have floored it and rolled over one or more of those lunatics? No, I don't. But I also think there's such a thing as looking for it, and I think that man was terrified at that stage.

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    Wasn't an angry mob until the driver hit the bike and then drove over x of them.

I presume that was after he had bumped one, and others began damaging his car?

Advertisement