Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Good Wife (RTE Pace)

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Excellent episode last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I particularly found most of the actors reaction after the news to be wooden. I believe the only one with some real emotion was David Lee. Very disappointed with the whole plot for this series. Can't see myself watching it anymore.

Yeah I agree.
    The death was not well played out at all, no confrontation with the Girlfriend who just disappeared, Alicia mother-in-law would have been around , Alicia's mother was missing, her brother seems to only have arrived back

Though it has improved in the last two episodes but the fallout from the death should really be still in the air.

I don't think I have spoilt anything but just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Apologies if there is another thread somewhere on this, but I didn't manage to find it. Find it hard to believe, but it seems to be the case.

Just had to comment on last week's episode, the one showing the aftermath of the shooting in the court. It deviated from the usual Good Wife structure, there was no real case, just an exploration of grief, in its many forms. The best piece of television I have seen all year, in a show that is routinely superb.

There were so many layers to the reactions of the characters to Will's death, self-interest and devastation and self-righteousness and regret. Really subtle, brilliantly acted TV, Julianna Margulies utterly believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭corkie

The Good Wife - Season 5

You must not have searched very hard? I agree this season of the show is good.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

The good wife is one best shows out there. I thought it had the best season out of every other show this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

corkie wrote: »
    The Good Wife - Season 5

You must not have searched very hard? .

Actually, if you search for The Good Wife using the search function on the TV thread, the most recent post that comes up is from more than a year ago, referring to S4.

But anyway, thanks for the link, though in fairness that thread has a total of 12 posts and the last episode it mentions is from three months ago, so not exactly a wealth of comment and insight. I think it is worth resurrecting some discussion of this show, amazed that no-one has posted about one of the best things on TV in more than three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Most on here will have watched it when it aired in the US and it finished up 4 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Threads merged.

Season 6 starts on RTE 1 tomorrow Tuesday 10.15pm

• Advertisement

brian_t wrote: »
    The Good Wife Season 7 starts on RTÉ1 at 11:15pm on Thursday 7th January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Why so late? I know I can see it on player too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Why so late? I know I can see it on player too.

Should be on the player as before, yeah they could easily show it instead of Ireland and the Eurovison tonight or anything on RTÉ2.

Advertisement