Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭caolan1996

what do we need to now for hot water and could it come up again ?

caolan1996 wrote: »
    what do we need to now for hot water and could it come up again ?

just single line diagram with radiators on both stories and the solar one possibly

they could ask for safety features of the hot water distribution (pressure relief valve, overflow pipe etc...)

because of the water charges and all the fuss about them I believe it will come up, just learn it (its easy) there is no harm if it doesnt come up but I wouldnt bank on it either though

what drawings are you guys learning? im afraid what if the ones I learn doesnt come up (i'd be screwed) anyone willing to give a list of the drawings they have or wish to cover before the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Strip Foundation
    Raft Foundation (not sure we need to know this)
    Timber frame foundation
    Suspended timber floor
    Linked floor (half suspended timber, half concrete)
    First floor in timber frame construction
    Concrete wall window (incl. casement window)
    Timber frame window
    Threshold of a door
    Eaves detail (timber frame+concrete) (Trussed+Cut)
    Fireplace/hearth
    Chimney stack through a roof
    Top of stairs
    Bottom of stairs
    Lean-to roof
    Flat Roof
    Cut roof with living space

This is pretty much it. There may be slight variation like a triple glaze window, stuff that really can be thought of on the day and don't need learning really. Judging by the past few years they have moved away from basic window and eaves drawings and like to give awkward drawings. This year I'm nearly sure a window/eaves will make an appearance, perhaps timber frame. While the other drawing could well be something awkward like a chimney stack, suspended timber floor or attic with living space. Trouble is there is no guessing. Really. Could be anything, so I'm learning everything.

Advertisement