Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticketmaster Employees/Agents

• 04-07-2005 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I was just wondering, do Ticketmaster Employees or their Agents (i.e. highstreet music stores) know how many tickets remain for an event from their computer systems? Or is it a case of tickets available/sold out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

there is numbers on the tickets, near the right of the ticket in the white box. i'm fairly sure this is the number sold so far. ie you're the 100th person to buy a ticket, so its ticket 100. so i assume they know how many have been sold and how many are left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

More importantly they know when they're going on sale. For example when tickets for the strokes at the olympia went on sale on st steven's day (FFS) you can be damn sure all the MCD people got tickets. Unlike me :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

A guy I was working with this time last year had a friend who worked for ticketmaster who (allegedly) printed out a load of his own weekend tickets (or allegedly syphoned off a batch) to Oxygen and was (allegedly) selling them on for 100% personal profit.

Ticketbastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Ticketmaster + MCD + Phantom + Music = Product

You = Consumer.

Citizen Smith was right....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,816 ✭✭✭✭28064212

there is numbers on the tickets, near the right of the ticket in the white box. i'm fairly sure this is the number sold so far. ie you're the 100th person to buy a ticket, so its ticket 100. so i assume they know how many have been sold and how many are left
    Are you sure? I think I'm looking at the right number on a ticket I have, and it's above 30000. For a gig in Whelan's.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

magpie wrote:
    Ticketmaster + MCD + Phantom + Music = Product

You = Consumer.

Citizen Smith was right....

But magpie was completely wrong, again.

Doctor J wrote:
    A guy I was working with this time last year had a friend who worked for ticketmaster who (allegedly) printed out a load of his own weekend tickets (or allegedly syphoned off a batch) to Oxygen and was (allegedly) selling them on for 100% personal profit.

Ticketbastard.

Surely his employer i.e the person who owns/controls the franchise would have been charged? Once the ticket is printed its a sale. As the system is computerised it must be relatively straightforward to both find out where tickets were printed and then to carry out an audit.

I was under that impression too, but the guy had a seemingly endless supply of tickets at half the official price (allegedly).

mmmm...photoshop and some stiff cardboard for his printer?

Given that ticketmaster is basically a big computer spewing out tickets and sucking in money (or maybe its the other way around) all of these tickets muct be accountable...so someday it will catch up with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

Doctor J wrote:

Ticketbastard.

Hold on a minute, you wanna hear MY story?

A few months back, I saw an add advertised in town for U2 tickets at Croker on sale and called the guy. The fellow said he had 6 to sell. He couldnt attend the gig cos he won tickets for some Lyons tournament in New Zealand. We met up the following day, I bought 3 tickets of him, at 120EUR a piece.

Went off to the gig, all excited to go to the gig of the year, only to be stopped at the last security check and being told that our tickets were forged!! The security guy asked us to wait on the side with some other people who got ripped off the same way, for the gardai to take our statements.

Apparently, some fecker from TicketMaster stole sh*tloads of blank tickets and used a very good printing machine or photocopier to reprint one of an original U2 ticket.

We were told by the security at Croker that we might be allowed to get in around 9PM... so we waited and waited... As the day grew longer, the more people got stopped at the security for the same reason...

By 5 o'clock, they told us to go home as we were at least 70 people waiting there for the same reason...

I can tell you that your man made A FORTUNE out of it. By 9PM the Guards have refused at least 200 people. We were all been sold fake tickets by the same fecker!!!

I'll tell ya if I ever get to meet him, he's gonna have a very bad time!

So now! What ya think of that eh?

• Advertisement

I'd have wondered if he couldn't go why was he selling six tickets instead of one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

he said it was himself and all the lads. I dont know I didnt pay much attention ya know. I was so excited over getting u2 tickets I even gave yer man a hug and told him he made my day!!

Bastard. Well let's hope what goes around comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

So now! What ya think of that eh?

I think next time you should ask to see the receipt and use a traceable form of payment.

Advertisement