Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Saturday Night Show: May 2nd 2015 9.45 ish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

We could go to bingo a couple of times a week, put the bingo bus out of business..

I did a drive for a few ladies for about 4 years who went to Bingo, I called them the Bingo Babes, they were hysterical!! Initally my mother - the elder grey - was supposed to go with the but.......................they drank...........

Naturally, they became my best friends.

All gone now but not forgotten.

They liked the idea of the G&T in the water bottle - didn't get the 'ol dry 'wans slagging them off.

I bought a lot of Gin in those days...

Happy memories! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

coolhull wrote: »
    Just practising for when Mr Darcy takes over :(

Hi People, just checking in on the thread... Unfortunately I'm busy all weekend working on my D'Arcy Show mug for the competition on his radio show... Here's where it's at right now..

82YZ4J.jpg

*sigh* shur I probably wont win anyway... *sigh*.... hit that button there.. *sigh* :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

This has to be the most depressing, boring song of all time.

I like !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I suppose now is a good time to launch my appeal

#sendCadburystiffinbarstoWales

Why don't you come over here again, you must be long overdue a trip and you could take loads of the Taffin bars back with you. I'll buy you a box of them :)

We could have name tags so we remember our User ID's :D

I'll get a tramp stamp gsw on my - ahem - rear.......:D:eek::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

We could have a Boardies home and we could all have the fun instead of typing??....

:)

Ugh, growing old spending every Friday watching the Late Late Show. No way José.

Wait, hang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

We could have name tags so we remember our User ID's :D
    And wear our 'most-thanked' post as a badge of honour :)

This has to be the most depressing, boring song of all time.

I don't know how whiney music got so popular.

Skid X wrote: »

Tich, ye kids.

Slow sets lads.

It'll happen again.

Wait and see.

I'll get a tramp stamp gsw on my - ahem - rear.......:D:eek::pac:
    But then we wouldn't be able to see it........oh, wait ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,222 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Why don't you come over here again, you must be long overdue a trip and you could take loads of the Taffin bars back with you. I'll buy you a box of them :)

Aw, thanks Skid :)

We'll have to check out that Copper Face Jacks place I've heard so much about...I've heard only good things :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They should have sent Brendan to the shops of Dublin to "explain" the prize like they sent Tubs to Washington to "explain" last nights LLS show prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Do any old folks homes have bars where you could have a few pints a week or would they be all dry?

The local hospital in Castleblaney used to have a licence. Was the biggest Guiness drop in the town any week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Cheltenham, Co. Kildare? :o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:D;);)

And the exploding €500 notes are going to be missed if they are to die with the show... :(:(

coolhull wrote: »
    But then we wouldn't be able to see it........oh, wait ;)

I have one bottle of scotch for you coolhull.

One.

It'd take more than that...............:p:D:D:D

There is an old folks home near me where a famous elderly man stays as he has Dementia, apparently he loves a pint or two and is often driven into our local for a drink which he really enjoys (and deserves)

That's reminds me of the gag (apologies for the bad taste)...

Gay Byrne went into a Retirement Home to cheer up the residents. All was going well, they all enjoyed his stories and jokes except one man who stared blankly at him

Eventually goes over and talks to him. No reaction.

Gay looks him in the eye and says "Do you know who I am?"

Old man stares at Gay, pauses and says
    I don't know who you are, but if you ask the Nurse, she should be able to tell you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hi guys checking in, anyone watching Boxing later?

What thread am I on again??........

**pours another Bailey's and Jemie***

Aw, thanks Skid :)

We'll have to check out that Copper Face Jacks place I've heard so much about...I've heard only good things :pac:

Ooh la la, nothing but the best for our visiting VIP

Seriously though, that ferry takes no time at all.

• Advertisement
    M

efb wrote: »
    Hi guys checking in, anyone watching Boxing later?

Yes but I am unsure of the pit stop strategy to take, option 1 is get well oiled tonight before midnight and go to bed and get up, option 2 is stay up drinking my beer at super slow speed of 1 bottle every hour so that it has no effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

What thread am I on again??........

**pours another Bailey's and Jemie***

And this, my friends, is a taste of what we will be posting many years from now in the nursing home....

Yes but I am unsure of the pit stop strategy to take, option 1 is get well oiled tonight before midnight and go to bed and get up, option 2 is stay up drinking my beer at super slow speed of 1 bottle every hour so that it has no effect.

Well fight time is approx 4am

I love the way everyone is moaning about the rain today.

I'd a lovely day in the garden today.

I'm partially crippled as a result though......... :(

After this, only three more SNS's to go :(

Olivia O'LAAAAAAAAAAAAry

She used to be always Olivia O'Leary

• Advertisement

''Elder stateswoman''

''National treasure''

Twink is back!

Oh.

Is she O'Leary or O'Lary??

Remember the Irish thingie in England.

She distinctly said O'Lary??

Or have I too many marbles in my Baily's??

I'd go for option 1, if you get too hammered you'll fall asleep anyway

Olivia O'LAAAAAAAAAAAAry. She used to be always Olivia O'Leary

Jesus Bottle, Mary Wilson drives me mad with that.... And then Olivia comes on with her usual sanctimonious, cynical, left wing bullsh1t...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

England would be happy to get to 43-6 :(. Jimmy Anderson might have to work his magic again

Well, they're 39-5 at day's end. :o:D;)

• Advertisement

Olivia O'LAAAAAAAAAAAAry

She used to be always Olivia O'Leary

Snap bb!!

Love Olivia

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

That's reminds me of the gag (apologies for the bad taste)...

Gay Byrne went into a Retirement Home to cheer up the residents. All was going well, they all enjoyed his stories and jokes except one man who stared blankly at him

Eventually goes over and talks to him. No reaction.

Gay looks him in the eye and says "Do you know who I am?"

Old man stares at Gay, pauses and says
    I don't know who you are, but if you ask the Nurse, she should be able to tell you

Equally bad taste, and I can't manage spoilers....

My brother in law used to work in a factory with his best friend, about twenty years ago - whenever a new guy would start in the factory the friend would always....

Friend: just to let you know there's a gay guy working here
    New Guy: oh is there?
    Friend: yeah, and if you give me a kiss I'll tell you who it is

M

I'd go for option 1, if you get too hammered you'll fall asleep anyway

Yes I've some Jameson to act as the silver bullet around 11.30 tonight :D

Olivia was one of the best Political Interviewers in these Islands ever.

She did Today Tonight on RTE, Newsnight on BBC2 and First Tuesday on ITV. Excelled at them all.

She has been in semi retirement for too long.

I love the way everyone is moaning about the rain today.

I'd a lovely day in the garden today.

I'm partially crippled as a result though......... :(

What country were you in again....?

It's like a bleedin plague.

So she's an O'Leary so.

What country were you in again....?

West of west today!!..

Got a nice red face, it might be the blood pressure though!!...:eek::D

M

I remember the 70's and 80's growing up, times were tough, tough on everyone though. The kids of today have things way to easy, their concerns revolve around their next mobile phone or laptop, back in them days it was basics like food, clothes and shoes for day to day that you were worried if you could afford.

• Advertisement

I was just about to pose the same choice of strategy myself... I'd be a bit more upper class than yourself, so I'm selecting which wines from the cellar to bring me through to the fighting hour...

The first option, staying up... is always appealing cos you get to stay drinking beer... with the downside that you may fall off the chair about 2am and miss the fight altogether... Second option, go to bed early and start drinking at 4am... But who the f**k wants to start drinking at 4am... :(

There is also a third option which involved not drinking at all, but I just drew two lines through that as soon as I had it written down..

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's like a bleedin plague.

Far be it for me to put the blame on one band in particular.

coldplay-coldplay-76051_800_600_0.gif

I remember the 70's and 80's growing up, times were tough, tough on everyone though. The kids of today have things way to easy, their concerns revolve around their next mobile phone or laptop, back in them days it was basics like food, clothes and shoes for day to day that you were worried if you could afford.

Ah sure, that was about the fun we had.

The need for survival made us cute and snappy!....

I think we actually thrived on it! It's a bit better than the kids nowadays getting everything handed to them hand on foot!

It's all about the parents showing the children the value of stuff AD!!....That's my theory anyway. :o

We had a teacher who used to let us do Football commentaries for our English Essays.

"And Dalglish with the long ball to Rush, who volleys into the Top Corner! The shot was so hard it burst the net and that makes it 5-2 on the night and, unbelievably, Liverpool now lead on away goals!"

I don't think you would get away with that now << insert Liverpool gag here>>

And importantly, you had very little so you looked forward to the day when you had more. The kids these days seem to get everything straightaway and there's very little left to look forward to.

I was just about to pose the same choice of strategy myself... I'd be a bit more upper class than yourself, so I'm selecting which wines from the cellar to bring me through to the fighting hour...

The first option, staying up... is always appealing cos you get to stay drinking beer... with the downside that you may fall off the chair about 2am and miss the fight altogether... Second option, go to bed early and start drinking at 4am... But who the f**k wants to start drinking at 4am... :(

There is also a third option which involved not drinking at all, but I just drew two lines through that as soon as I had it written down..
    Or a fourth option. Wait for the sports news tomorrow like the rest of us normal people :D

I would tie an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time... :pac:

coldplay-coldplay-76051_800_600_0.gif

Worst band ever. Dum dum dum.
    Worst band eeee-ver. Dum dum dum.
    Worst band eeee-ver. Dum dum dum.

That's my feelings in Coldplay in the style of a Coldplay song. Same thing over and over for four minutes.

I used to be a big fan of Coldplay... I was very disappointed when they consciously uncoupled... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭sudzs

ohmygod, look at him squinting at his prompt cards. :eek:

Advertisement